We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Jumbo Force (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I have been performing Sidekick for quite some time using a jumbo mirage deck. I am changing my show a bit and need to be able to force other specific cards for some original routines I have been working on. What is the best way to force jumbo cards so that I don't have to buy several different mirage decks with different force cards? I would really like to use the same deck for the two routines I do and not have to do a deck switch. I must use jumbo cards in our theater, and I need a clean method. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. You can PM me if you would like. Thank You!!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
With spectator on stage:
Criss-Cross Force
Cut Deeper Force

With spectator seated in the audience:
Hindu Force

Either way:
Force a number and count down (or have them count down) to the force card.
Say stop (cutting off packets to reach a finger break)
~michael baker
The Magic Company
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1495 Posts

Profile of JNeal
One that has worked for me is to use a double thick card in the middle of the deck. Directly below that is the force card. Now ask the spectator to say stop. and corner riffle the deck . it will naturally 'break' at the force card. It's fast , looks clean, and is sure fire.

Regards-
J.Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
A short card, rounds-out your choices.
Hand size may determine what you can do.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
528 Posts

Profile of Christopher
My force takes place in the audience. No table, no cutting of the deck, etc. I believe the deck I am using is a pop eyed popper. I simply fan the cards, an audience member points to a card, I lift it up to show the audience. Simple. I find trying to riffle a jumbo deck is awkward and looks very strange to the audience. I'm trying to avoid having several decks for this. I only do one card routine a show, I just don't want to travel with three decks for the three routines I cycle.

Thanks for any help.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Wax the back of the 3 force cards and keep one on top (other 2 not in the deck). Fan the deck have a card touched. Set that card on top and double turnover. Switch out the force card(s) between shows.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I remember a f***e with a Jumbo deck, that I learned about 60 years ago (old TOPS magazine. All you need is the deck and a handkerchief or a 24" silk.

PM me, if you're interested.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Jumbo Force (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL