The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dominos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardTrix
View Profile
New user
Springfield, IL
52 Posts

Profile of CardTrix
I was at a party tonight, typical beer drinking, poker games, lot of possibilities for bar magic, impromptu, of course cards...but there was also a domino's game going on. I'm sure this has been tackled before but does anybody have any references for a domino's routine or anything? I would be interested in checking into this.
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
Try doing a search for 'Dizzy Dominoes', I think it is still on the market. Smile
Wallace B
Stuart Hooper
View Profile
Special user
Mithrandir
759 Posts

Profile of Stuart Hooper
usually when I am forced to do magic with small objects like dominos, I use Bobo's coin slieghts to make them appear and dissappear. This is a useful tool because it tends to give the impression that we can do magic with anything anywhere.
Hannes
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Hannes
Hi,
a while ago i bought crazy dominoes. i think its a nice set of dominoes - some "extra" stones - well quality. there come some routines with it.
greetings
Hannes
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
There is a very old mentalism trick done with dominoes (or using the domino principle. It is best done with the smaller sets, i.e. the double six set were the double six is the highest value number.

You write a prediction and then have any person take a domino and set it on the middle of the table. Have any other person take any domino that matches one of the numbers on the first (free choice of tw0 numbers). You continue this until all the dominoes are used and you have a line of dominoes on the table. You point out the number at each end of the chain, have them open your prediction and it is the correct two numbers!

You mix up the dominoes and immediately perform it again. A second correct prediction! Of course this is a self-working trick. Latter, when they play with the dominoes, they will come up with hundreds of endings and never figure out how you managed to predict it twice (once is luck, twice is a mental marvel, three times is over kill!).

It is a nice little effect and could be the lead in to a set of two or three more mentalism effects. Heck, add the Hoy book test, and a design drawing test (Pad of paper, pencil, and a center tear) and you’ve stunned them!

I think that is a good impromptu show with all borrowed objects!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
marlynn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of marlynn
Dizzy Dominoes is a great trick. I bought a set years ago. It was great for learning the trick but the dominoes were of a very poor quality. Since then I created a set from real dominoes and they are great. I repeat the trick several times very slowly with a "the hand is quicker then the eye" type of patter "to show the audience how the trick is done" but they can never tell. A simple trick but a very big impact
Mickey Cohen
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Mickey Cohen
Marcelo Contento sells Dizzy dominoes with routines included by Bob Farmer and Kirk Charles for 35 dollars .Very well made and they have a tremendous amount of possibilities . It even comes with a blank domino on both sides.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Dominos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL