The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extortion by Patrick Kun (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
From the mind of Patrick Kun, comes the most practical and commercial visual bill transposition.

Regularly $29.95, but place your Pre-Order before October 10, 2014 and get 35% OFF when you order from Hocus Pocus and this can be yours for just $19.95:

See the online video at the link below:

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=28011

Imagine this. You introduce two bills of different value. Your spectator takes one of the bills and guard it closely in her tight fist. You then unfold the remaining bill in your hand slowly and gracefully to have a clear display of the bills from all sides. With a light shake, your bill morphs into the bill your spectator's bill. Your spectator opens her hand, surely the two bills have swapped under the most impossible condition. Your spectator ends with two bills they could examine and talk about the crazy they've just experienced.
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Patrick has been a great friend of mine for years and I remember him showing me quite a long time ago, a "mock-up" to what is now known as Extortion...

He performed this as his opening effect for his AT THE TABLE Live Lecture. (Sorry, he didn't explain it...lol).

This is one of THE most visual bill changes I have ever seen. The fact that this happens in the fingertips? It looks like pure camera trickery. Totally not!

I WILL have one of these in my wallet from now on...
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Need to understand how this differs from Lloyd Barnes' Money. I know they said previously that the methods are different but the effect looks identical.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Appreciate the info Lloyd, best of luck on your new release.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
KyleMarlett
View Profile
Special user
590 Posts

Profile of KyleMarlett
I've been able to see Patrick work on this for a very long time and I have to say this looks like a camera trick! It's so so so visual! I'm super excited that Patrick is releasing this!
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2014, TuneHV wrote:
Need to understand how this differs from Lloyd Barnes' Money. I know they said previously that the methods are different but the effect looks identical.

Although our effects may look similar, the gimmick and handling are completely different. With Extortion, you can have an amazing clean display that can be shown both sides right before the change. The gimmick is thin and is flexible. It can be handled like a normal bill. It also be folded into quarter. The routine is structured in a way that you can start clean and end completely clean. You start with two bills in your hand, you give the spectator a bill to fold as you fold the other into a quarter. The advantage here is that every single fold you do, you are able to show cleanly that it is the same bill. No switch. You then cleanly take both bills and place in spectator' hand. Ask them to think of one, as you remove out a bill. You can again cleanly show a dollar on both sides before you turn into the twenty.

This routine is very practical and be performed anywhere and anytime. So to sum up the differences, with Extortion gimmick, you are able to handle the bill very fairly just like any normal bill, you can cleanly display the bill on both sides before the change. Once the bill is made up it will last you a long time and you don't have to worry about breaking or fixing. Extortion works best with us money but can also be done with other paper currency.
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Both effects look great..
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2014, patrickkun wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2014, TuneHV wrote:

Although our effects may look similar, the gimmick and handling are completely different. With Extortion, you can have an amazing clean display that can be shown both sides right before the change. The gimmick is thin and is flexible. It can be handled like a normal bill. It also be folded into quarter. The routine is structured in a way that you can start clean and end completely clean. You start with two bills in your hand, you give the spectator a bill to fold as you fold the other into a quarter. The advantage here is that every single fold you do, you are able to show cleanly that it is the same bill. No switch. You then cleanly take both bills and place in spectator' hand. Ask them to think of one, as you remove out a bill. You can again cleanly show a dollar on both sides before you turn into the twenty.

This routine is very practical and be performed anywhere and anytime. So to sum up the differences, with Extortion gimmick, you are able to handle the bill very fairly just like any normal bill, you can cleanly display the bill on both sides before the change. Once the bill is made up it will last you a long time and you don't have to worry about breaking or fixing. Extortion works best with us money but can also be done with other paper currency.

Boom. There you go guys. As you can see, these are some genuine great pro's to Patricks version.

I just want to point out that for Money, You begin with their borrowed bill. The routine is structured to cleanly borrow a bill, do the change and hand the newly changed bill back to them to keep (if you're made of money of course), hands empty as you hand it back. There is a routine taught for an in the hands change tranpo routine on the Money DVD, however my favourite way is to do it as simply and directly as possible.

Also, like Patricks the Money gimmick will last you an extremely long time too. The one I use today, I have been using since Blackpool last year and it's still in excellent condition.

I highly recommend looking in to Patricks though, to see what he has done with his method. Maybe some of you could get both and try to combine them in to some sort of hybrid-mega-bill-change.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I saw Patrick do Extortion the last time I was in Vegas, and it completely BLEW ME AWAY!

It's really clean ... you can't believe that the bill that just changed can be shown completely front and back both before and after the change.

This is definitely the most visual bill change that I've ever seen.
Greg Rostami
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Thanks a lot Greg!

For those you would like to see the live performance. Here's a link to a clip from my At the Table Live lecture from Murphy's Magic: http://youtu.be/aPUKHIYdc_o

Hopefully, this will give you a better idea of what this effect looks like uncut. Thanks!

-Patrick
www.patrickkun.com
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
That looks fantastic!
Will Tsai
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Will Tsai
First time I saw Patrick performed Extortion, the fact he was barely holding the bill and the change happened without any 'move' blew me away. Immediately I thought it was a snappy type of colour changing gimmick we are all familiar with, then I found the bill was flexible as Patrick was playing with it.. my mind was blasted.

-will
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Ordered from Hocus-Pocus, very excited!
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Brilliant Patrick. Worst reactions in the video EVER. How can that not blow people away?

I'm gonna pick this up and MONEY. Both look fantastic, well done!!!!
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Where is this available to buy in the UK now though?
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Looks incredibele. Is this suitable for strolling in regards to reset? How long will the gimmick last?
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2014, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:

I would list it but as it only works with same size currency I think its going to have limited appeal in the UK?

You can order using our special order system if you would like one.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2014, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2014, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:

I would list it but as it only works with same size currency I think its going to have limited appeal in the UK?

You can order using our special order system if you would like one.

I'll buy one!
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2014, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Looks incredibele. Is this suitable for strolling in regards to reset? How long will the gimmick last?

Yes! This is perfect for strolling. You are instantly reset after the performance. Gimmick will last you for years. No need to worry about anything breaking. In fact, the longer you have, the better the gimmick is.
www.patrickkun.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Extortion looks great by the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extortion by Patrick Kun (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL