The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extortion by Patrick Kun (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
If I want to make a $1 to $20, how much actual cash will be needed?

Thanks
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
I'll be honest, this looks totally awesome.... I still just 'do not get it'. The only method / workings I can imagine to make the change are continually hidden, in all the videos, there is not even the SLIGHTEST sign of any gimmick, extra thickness etc.... I just do not have a clue how Patrick has made this. It should be really obvious, but it isn't. What materials are used to make this impossible... it's incredible.

I'm totally gobsmacked / gutted that this has come out at exactly the same time as Money. The effects look AS GOOD AS each other, almost identical, both just brilliant.

How gutting is it that they both aren't available in the UK? I MIGHT take saturn up on their offer to order extortion in, I just hate pre orders and wish I could just buy it.
iNFiNiTi | The Red Pill Magician | SHOCK NOT IMPRESS
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Thanks for you last video Patrick which addressed different bill sizes somewhat.

I could not really tell how different those bills were so I'm asking can we do a UK £10 to a £20 which is bigger or even £20 to £10.

We also have the possibility of using a lottery tick to change to money, I assume that is possible?

I would love to get this into stock but need to be sure my customers in the UK can actually use it!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Yeah, horizontal and vertical sizes is primary point right now..
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Hum hum ... I am thinking of combination with Cinch first , then do this effect ? Can be gimmick be folded into quarters ?
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Can you get additional gimmicks.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2014, Saturn UK wrote:
Thanks for you last video Patrick which addressed different bill sizes somewhat.

I could not really tell how different those bills were so I'm asking can we do a UK £10 to a £20 which is bigger or even £20 to £10.

We also have the possibility of using a lottery tick to change to money, I assume that is possible?

I would love to get this into stock but need to be sure my customers in the UK can actually use it!

Hello,

£10 to a £20 would work. £5 to £20 may not since the size is too different. As long as the bills are close in size, it would work. Needs to be enough that a minor trim on the bill will be unnoticeable. Extortion is designed to take advantage of the US currency for the transpo since both bills are similar in shape and color. But, alternative handling for international bill is also taught on the DVD.

If you have concern about the size, you can always turn paper, lottery, receipt, voucher into money. That way, it will always be the exact same size and you don't have to use any "extra" bill to build the gimmick. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. Hope this answers your question. Thanks!
Patrick Kun | Modern Accessories for the Magician and Cardist
www.patrickkun.com
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2014, Magic KL wrote:
Do both work with plastic bills?

Good question.
The new Canadian bills are made of almost transparent plastic. I noticed that Patrick used the old Canadian bill in the demo.
Ricky
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Hello everyone, I am happy to say that Extortion is now shipping! You can get them through http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18622 for only $22.46.

Trailer:

Thanks everyone!
-Patrick
www.patrickkun.com
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Yes happy to see extortion available now available at Hocus Pocus. Selling at just $19.95
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=28011
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2014, Cole Gross wrote:
Yes happy to see extortion available now available at Hocus Pocus. Selling at just $19.95
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=28011

Great! Even better Smile Thanks Cole.
www.patrickkun.com
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Does Hocus Pocus offer free world wide shipping on extortion?
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
I had to pay shipping to a US address. The price is heavily discounted for the trick.

Ed
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Here are some live performances of Extortion on the street of Vancouver. This should give you a pretty good idea of how practical this effect is.

www.patrickkun.com
brandontoh
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of brandontoh
Hi Patrick, does this effect work well with plastic bills that have abit of transparency to them?
DigaMag
View Profile
Veteran user
Indonesia
308 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Hai Patrick... I want to ask a question... Do you teach how to switch the gimmick's bill after the transpositions in the dvd ? Or we have to come up with our own idea to accomplished that....

Thanks
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Hey guys, as you know I've wrote some ideas to use as a routine including Money and Extortion, and I've now sent to few people my notes.

In this notes they are ideas of routines using Money or Extortion with another effects to create a Space / Time Travel routine.

If you're intersted just PM me, it will be a pleasure to share my ideas with you Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I have received this today and watched the video too.
This is also a good bill switch.The concept is different than Money
in a lot of way's.And a different gimmick entirely.Im on the fence
between which one I like the best.Extortion will take longer to make up.
Patrick also show's how to make the gimmick and use it in routien's
or a one trick pony.He also show's how to switch it out before and after
the effect.I also give this a five star rating being 5 is the best.But in my humble
opinion I still like Bill-breaker the best.The change isn't instant but slow and very visual.
Twice as easy to make the gimmick.And in the end you get the same result's.
But I think which ever someone purchase's they will be happy.
Todd
patrickkun
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
314 Posts

Profile of patrickkun
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2014, DigaMag wrote:
Hai Patrick... I want to ask a question... Do you teach how to switch the gimmick's bill after the transpositions in the dvd ? Or we have to come up with our own idea to accomplished that....

Thanks

Yes, like what Todd mentioned. Everything is taught from building, routining, switching.
www.patrickkun.com
smacks183
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of smacks183
Can someone PM me the supplies needed to construct this? I have it coming tonight and would like to pick up what I need on my way home. Thanks a lot. Will post my thoughts after giving it time. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extortion by Patrick Kun (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL