The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Water Works (DVD and Gimmicks) by Uday Jadugar & Paul Harris - Trick (80 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23~24~25 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, MR Effecto wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, Saturn UK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, rowland wrote:
I'm very close to getting this, one question regarding the ball routine,.After the ball is dropped into the bottle does the bottle have to be recapped before tipping it out and if so is there a rational reason to re cap it. With the new info about re setting it sounds just about perfect.

Yes there is good reason you drop the ball in recap and swirl the bottle round to do the magic, the cap stops the water coming out, you then remove the cap to show whats happened.

You can drop the ball in the bottle even after the gimmick has been set on the bottle. No need to re cap the bottle.

I would like to add - Drooping the ball inside the bottle after the gimmick has been set is a much better and cleaner way of proving and giving the impression that the bottle is normal in all respect. IMO, the effect should commence with this - i.e. the ball act.

However as I had mentioned earlier, the ball needs to be:-

1. Highly visual in color.

2. It should have better buoyancy so that the ball falls slowly inside the bottle.

Just a thought: One might also like to give a try using a heavier ball - say a steel ball (of the same size as the plastic ball), thus giving the impression that the heavy steel ball has pierced through the bottle neck without the water flowing out. For this:

You openly show the steel ball & a magnet. Show that the magnet attracts the ball. Now drop the ball and invert the bottle while holding the ball with the magnet at the base of the bottle. Once the bottle has been inverted, release the magnet and let the ball fall in the water and out of the mouth.

Smile
P.S.

Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, Alex DLF wrote:

I also made a clear and easy to follow video for people who want to visualize the method a little bit better Smile PM me if you want to, with a proof of purchase of course.

Good job Alex!

BTW, who got the Thousand buck award Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, Ustaad wrote:

Quote:

I also made a clear and easy to follow video for people who want to visualize the method a little bit better Smile PM me if you want to, with a proof of purchase of course.

Good job Alex!

Uday told me I won it, now, waiting time Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2014, Ustaad wrote:

Quote:

Good job Alex!

Uday told me I won it, now, waiting time Smile

CONGRATULATIONS Alex.

Party time Smile Smile

Smile
P.S. One can see that I am also trying my best to pinch a grand from Uday - one way or the other . . . but no luck till now . . . Smile Smile Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
That tip from Alex is wonderful! While I've been able to get the gimmick to release, I was sure I was going to break something in the process...now that fear has been put aside.
This is a very well thought out piece of Magic. I have always loved this effect but until NOW I just wasn't comfortable with it. This gimmick really makes all of the difference for me.
I am extremely happy to have purchased this and in fact, may buy another just to have for back up.....in case I should misplace it etc.

Hats off to all involved!

Best,
Bk
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Alex's method of getting the gimmick to come out is a blessing! Tapping to me was tedious and it wasn't 100% always coming out like it should. This is definitely worker material now. Thanks guys! I love this!
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Alex's method of getting the gimmick to come out is a blessing! Tapping to me was tedious and it wasn't 100% always coming out like it should. This is definitely worker material now. Thanks guys! I love this!
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Oh No.... Can somebody verify how many of the gimmicks that fit into the cap do you recieve with this effect? Because I have a major revelation..... If there are 3 of the gimmicks, then fine, one of them is still stuck in the cap and will not come out either by banging or squeezing it. If there are 2 gimmicks, then I am the biggest idiot in the world who has been banging and squeezing this cap on every surface at home and work since 10am this morning. (it's now 4:30pm), and there is absolutely NOTHING in it.

HOW MANY GIMMICKS (THAT FIT INTO THE CAP) COME WITH THIS?
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Thank you, Alex, for the perfect solution to the problem!

-Marty
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Forget it...... I am an officially an IDIOT.... it only comes with 2....wow.....I have been banging this all day for nothing. The gimmick must have fell out on one of the first tries and I didn't even notice it.....wow.
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
I've been having a lot of fun playing around with Water Works. The gimmick is brilliant and I believe Uday made a significant improvement to the water suspension effect. Thanks to Alex as well for his tip on getting dislodging the gimmick - it works very well!

I wonder if Paul Harris and company will offer an option at some point to only purchase the Water Works cap ? I love this so much that I don't want to risk not having it if I happen to lose the cap for any reason (knock on wood). It would be nice to not have to purchase the entire Water Works package for existing owners who mistakenly lose the cap...just a thought Smile
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Kudos to Alex for such a practical and effective fix. It worked perfectly without any fuss.

Thanks!
Dan.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Recently purchased this . After watching Alex's video and trying out the gimmick , I must say I really like it . Tried it out on my family members first and it fooled them badly . Well that's the sigh that this is a complete worker . Now there is no tedious set up and clean up . Alex's video really helped me a lot into getting the gimmick out of the cap . I had no problem with performing the effect at all . However , I did spent some time practicing the right pressure to hold the bottle . My aim is to get as little water to spill out as possible when the pencil is put in , and during the middle of the performance , I tried not to spill a single drop of water out . After a day , I could now perform it with ease . I hold the base of the bole using only three fingers ( thumb , middle and ring finger ) . By holding it gently , I realized I can easily control the right and same pressure throughout the entire routine . 100% worth for the price .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Biffa Magic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Biffa Magic
Hi Guys

Can someone please help me, what make/size of bottles and caps work in the UK?
Biffa Magic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Biffa Magic
Hi Guys

Can someone please help me, what make/size of bottles and caps work in the UK?
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Plunge taken. Alex Ill need that video pronto.

Smart bottle if Im not mistaken correct? That works wonderful since I use Calen Morelli's Pen in Bottle with the lovely smart bottle quite often.

I'm also a sucker for "rattled". So this is definitely for me. I just want to add to the other positive posters regarding Alex's additions.
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
Dear Alex,
I am very sorry to tell you that I announced the prize money without thinking that it is too big. Keeping 1000 rupees in my mind I announced 1000 dollars. To get 1000 dollars I need to sell lots of WATER WORKS. I don't want to completely go back on my promise. So I will give you 1000 dollars worth of my magic items. Please accept this as token of appreciation. I know you did not ask for the prize in exchange for your idea. But I felt that I should pay something in return. In case you want to take this gift of mine please email your address to udaymagic@gmail.com I will send you the list of items I have with me.
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Dear Uday
Did you checked my pm please
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I feel as if Alex REALLY helped out the product. I actually sold mine and the person who I sold mine to sold his. I feel this tip REALLY helps and Uday and Waterworks owes a LOT to this really useful tip, it makes this what it should be: usable and great. I am sure that Alex should get some financial compensation for this as he will drastically boost Waterworks' sales, I've seen other reviewers and that was their biggest problem with it.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Any tips for minimizing the water that leaks out. (apart from gold the bottle more gently)
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Hi Uday

You should give me the prize money because I thought about this idea first and I have written before Alex. If you want you can check the post.Even I checked the video of Alex and  its the same method of pressing and releasing which I  meant and mentioned in your post.

Even I sent sms and mailed you that I want to talk with you regarding water works. You were busy and later I felt your method of banging is safe and best because by pressing the cap some times the gimmick jumps away and I have already lost one of the gimmicks. And also if we press hard and change the shape of the cap then the gimmick jumps before we start the trick.  So I feel the banging is better. 

P.S
Please advise whether we can get the refills that is cap with gimmicks or cap alone.

Balu
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Water Works (DVD and Gimmicks) by Uday Jadugar & Paul Harris - Trick (80 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..23~24~25 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL