The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Si-Fi Project by Xiang Liu (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
mikelsc
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of mikelsc
Wait, a special free gift?

I received my parcel a couple of days ago. First time handling the gimmick, still need some time to work it through. The consistency in setup is indeed good.

Cheers,
M
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1116 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
I haven't posted here for a while and it took something special to bring me out of hiding but all I can say about this is WOW WOW WOW, for this set of levis is the new standard on floating ring work.

It's one of those simple ideas for a hook up that should be so obvious yet no one has used it before (that I am aware of) and is pure genius in my eyes for its simplicity, manageability, practicality and usefulness. I'm sure there will be many other applications to come from this idea.

Each of the levis themselves have a unique wrinkle to offer and best of all are genuine workers. This system could be used reliably and repeatedly in a strolling gig with very little hassles. My favourite one is the animation where the ring jumps off your hand on to a finger because I like the subtle approach with this MO.

Very very nice indeed and one of the best releases of it's kind that I have seen in many years. Almost a shame it's out there, the material is that good.

Cheers
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
kenodad
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of kenodad
I have this and it is creative, but seems impractical to me. There is no direction on how to "get into" the hook up. If someone can enlighten me on how to get into this hook-up, I would appreciate a comment here or via PM.
John
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18594 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Seriously? watch the dvd...watch it properly, and in order, and with the same props to hand as you see in the dvd...nothing difficult about it...
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
120 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, kenodad wrote:
I have this and it is creative, but seems impractical to me. There is no direction on how to "get into" the hook up. If someone can enlighten me on how to get into this hook-up, I would appreciate a comment here or via PM.
John

After the section on how to set everything up before each effect he repeats how to get into the hookup. I made sure of it.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
This is REALLY good. The hook up is very clever and super easy & quick to get into. It also allows you great control over the ring and you can get unhooked naturally and immediately. I'm looking forward to practicing this and begin working it.
DigaMag
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
282 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
I'm really intresting on this... but I have some questions... how about clothing requirtment... Do we have to wear jacket or blazer to do this hookup ? Or we can set up the hook up with just wear T-shirt ? Please answer my question...

Thanks in advance
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
You can be naked
DigaMag
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
282 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, Blindside785 wrote:
You can be naked

Thank you very much Blindside... Now I'm just pushing the purchase button...
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
120 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, DigaMag wrote:
Quote:
You can be naked

If you're going to do it naked it might help to have some chest hair. =0P
DigaMag
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
282 Posts

Profile of DigaMag
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, XaviorSpade wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, DigaMag wrote:
Quote:
You can be naked

If you're going to do it naked it might help to have some chest hair. =0P

I allready have it... Smile
I just bought Si fi project from my local magic dealer... and should be arrive at my home this friday... can't wait for it...
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
678 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Xiang: You were at Magic-Fest in Ohio, right? This was the thing you were showing me at the table?

Guys: This looks just as good in person. Can vouch for this one.
XaviorSpade
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
120 Posts

Profile of XaviorSpade
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Xiang: You were at Magic-Fest in Ohio, right? This was the thing you were showing me at the table?

Guys: This looks just as good in person. Can vouch for this one.

Yea man he was at Magi-Fest. And thanks for the support man I'm glad you liked it. PM me I have something for you.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1375 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
For me, this is a big Yes, I like it ! Smile
10S Star Sign Divination AVAILABLE WITH FREE EBOOK !
PM
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
380 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Posting to agree with the consensus that this is a really beautiful piece of magic. The hook up is very attainable and this is something
that I can see myself performing for the rest of my life. Thanks to Liu and Xavior for the work put into this project and for sharing it with
the rest of us.
"Challenge Your Reality"
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have gone from Leclair, to Spider to now my most common. Trinity EBs how versatile and fragile is this hook up? Once its on, its one?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4778 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Http://lostartmagic.com/collections/newe......-project
it is currently on sale if you are waiting to jump or on the fence. Grab it quick. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Yeah I saw that. Didint read if I need to already have ..... or is that provided? Disregard just read it. might have to jump
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4718 Posts

Profile of RNK
Thanks Poof for the link. I decided to order this to check it out. I don't use much IT other than loops but am always fascinated by it. I also got KAZE by Jeremiah Zuo- I really like the looks of the crazy spin change. I post my thoughts after I watch it.

RNK
Magic Piet
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Magic Piet
Let me point out why I love this so much:
- setup takes seconds and once you're setup, you are good to go for the whole evening. It does not interfere and when you need it, it's right there. You hook up in front of them.
- In case of breakage or tangleing, I just go the another room (where my 'operating base' is to reset some things where I'm alone) and take a new setup. Back ready in no time.
- no sticky stuff on the object you are floating
- easy to do, so no stress about breaking the thread
- borrowing a ring is no problem at all

I know there are many hook-ups and reels etc., but this secret is so good and simple, I don't want those other anymore. If you are new with floating stuff or a pro , you need to buy this. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Si-Fi Project by Xiang Liu (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL