The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » the haunted bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
supercool
View Profile
Regular user
USA
160 Posts

Profile of supercool
I ordered a viking bottle today from hank lees, hope I can find away to use it in my act. they are the only place I could find one, I guess viking quit making them for a while.
:kewl:
Check out Smile TheMysticSpirit.com Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
I hope you called first to verify they were in-stock.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2426 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Mine is a version of thayers deluxe imp bottle by viking... the paint job is not the best so I need to sand it out and repaint it. I've had a few idea's on how to 'imp' it up with some inscriptions using a dremmel.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Silvertongue, you might want to look into using a woodburning tool to "imp" it up.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On 2007-06-18 10:19, KOTAH wrote:
Barry, add to and reshape the bottle. THis can be done with certain japanese ball bud vases available on e-bay

Thanks - but I can't find anything on Ebay. Could you please be a little more specific - perhaps PM me a link? I'm in the UK so postage from the US is probably going to be prohibitive.

Thanks

Barry
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I've never tried this. But perhaps a creative soul such as Baba might The idea is to use a gourd shaped voo Du rattle rather than the bottle.

Kotah the derranged, and very very strange
supercool
View Profile
Regular user
USA
160 Posts

Profile of supercool
I got mine today (vikings version) and I have to send it back. The thing lays down very easy for spectators, because of a defect. Oh well, I hope I get one back that works.
Check out Smile TheMysticSpirit.com Smile
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I've just released the first trick of my "Crafty Shoppe of Little Horrors" (on my site) and trick #1 is the "Bottle of the Djinn." It consists of instructions for making your own bottle(s) from craft store oven baking clay and combines the "Imp Bottle" with the "Chinese Bottle," the "Pea Can", the "Magical Block" and more, and doesn't use any of the original methods of operation, so like Aladdin's lamp, you get something new from something very old.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Skeleton
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
318 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
I bought a wooden Viking Haunted Bottle and even though I really like the looks of it (that's also why I bought it) I somehow lack to see the benefit over the old versions?
Quite on the contrary I would say that the handling for this is a lot more difficult, or am I missing something here? To add up to this I do find the explanations a little bit confusing, especially as they are not very precise about what to do when exactly??
So I would apprciate a little help here, maybe there is also a demo- and/or performance-video of this around?
To infinity, and beyond!
Skeleton
View Profile
Veteran user
Germany
318 Posts

Profile of Skeleton
OK, in the meantime I found this demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFlU23InV5g , but in this case the crucial part was less than convincing in my eyes (ok, it is a demo-video).
So, still looking for some advise/help.
To infinity, and beyond!
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
That demo video is not very deceptive. There should be a reason for removing the cork from the bottle. Perhaps, remove the cork, then hand the bottle to the spectator to look inside for the genie. Even have a couple of people look inside for the genie.

The secret is an old version of the IMP bottle that can work really well. It needs a better story and handling to make it effective.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Wow 12 years old and guess who decides to post on this? That's right mr. Late-to-the-party himself! Well I just ordered this today from Hocus Pocus Magic they had one that came up on their site and I have never seen this before. I'm familiar with the workings of this and as Bill mentioned above I will be doing that exact thing by handing out the bottle to have my spectator if they can see anything inside. Then I will do the necessary work and have them lay the bottle down themself. Although this is a very old affect I am looking forward to performing it at a birthday party I have coming up in November.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I forgot to mention I will probably have them first lay it down in the palm of my hand and then transfer it to the table saying something to the effect of I don't want you to think I have anything in the palm of my hand so please place it on the table yourself and see if it will still lay down and stay down. I would also be very interested in finding out if anyone is still performing this effect?

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I will be looking for a mini pillow to put down for the bottle to lay down on. In the meantime I'm using a jax from a Jax set. It works perfectly to make sure the bottle is laying down at the right angle. Once the bottle lays down then you simply remove the jax to show it now goes all the way down.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Here is an update. I made the needed accessory from a cork. It works wonderfully fits into the scheme of the story since a cork is used on the bottle top. This will ensure that the bottle does not accidentally get tilted too far. And then when all the work is done and it's tilted down again it will rest on the Cork and then you can even pull the cork away to show a lies completely down.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » the haunted bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL