The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Mattioli's This is HEAVY (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Okay guys, it is finally here: the all new Light/Heavy box by Jay Mattioli. THIS IS HEAVY is Jay Mattioli's solution to many of the drawbacks that ALL the other versions of the classic "Light Heavy Chest" have in some way or another.

Hocus Pocus is very excited to have the exclusive on this fantastic new creation of Jays and it is online now and will be ready to ship later this week. This truly is the FINAL answer to the Light/Heavy box and this is by FAR the finest version we have EVER seen!

Go to the link below to watch a live performance:
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=27407

EFFECT: The perform invites a spectators on stage to help in a demonstration of muscle hypnosis. Seating the spectator on a small wooden stool, the magician "hypnotizes" that spectator into believing that a small silk handkerchief weighs over 1,000 lbs.

An empty cardboard box is shown on all sides and placed on the wooden stool. A second spectator is now invited on stage and is asked to place the handkerchief in the box and then lift the box with its silk contents off the stool, which proves to be a simple feat. But when the hypnotized spectator attempts to lift the box he can not! It is simply too heavy for him to even budge! The second spectator can even reach in the box themselves and remove the hanky, which then allows the box to become light enough for the hypnotized spectator the lift off the stool. But whenever the hanky is placed back in to box, the hypnotized spectator can not lift the box one bit! This becomes a riot for kid show audiences as well as for adults.

If you have ever wanted to perform Jean Robert-Houdin's Light Heavy Chest with ease, without worry, and with deceptiveness, this is the only reliable version you need!... THIS IS HEAVY!
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
114 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Cole this looks pretty cool. I don't use my light heavy chest because of its limits. This looks like a great solution.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of maps
What does it include?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
The step ladder, the box, and everything else you need to make it work are included. Please PM if you have a specific question about what is included. I don't want to reveal anything here.
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2222 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Looks good but I won't make it a stand alone trick. I like it!
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
This looks really great!
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Awesome!!
illusiontech
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
210 Posts

Profile of illusiontech
Wonderful!
Lin_
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lin_
Great!
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Can the step ladder be used as a step ladder for other uses during your show (i.e.: Fantasy Magician sequence, step stool for Chair Levitation, hold a loaded hat for a Card Fountain, etc.?)

Dan.
bkowkabany
View Profile
Loyal user
I have driven through the hearts of men
276 Posts

Profile of bkowkabany
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2014, Amazing Magic Co wrote:
Can the step ladder be used as a step ladder for other uses during your show (i.e.: Fantasy Magician sequence, step stool for Chair Levitation, hold a loaded hat for a Card Fountain, etc.?)

Dan.

Great question. I would like to know that too. It is a big prop to carry around. It would be good if it had multiple uses.

Bruce
Download our Free Magic Inventory and Show Creation software - www.mailware.com/magic

Mentalist by day. Bizzarist by night.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2411 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Very nice
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2014, bkowkabany wrote:
Quote:

Dan.

Great question. I would like to know that too. It is a big prop to carry around. It would be good if it had multiple uses.

Bruce

Good questions. Really would like to get this.
Smile
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2014, MR Effecto wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2014, bkowkabany wrote:
Quote:

Dan.

Bruce

Good questions. Really would like to get this.
Smile

Hello Everyone,

The step stool can be used for other purposes during your show. Either setting a prop on it or having a spectator sit on it, etc.

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Last dumb question ... from me at least. How much weight can the step stool support if a large adult sat on it?

Thanks,
Dan.
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Not a dumb question at all. The capacity is 175 pounds on the ladder. This trick can be used on adults, but is intended for young adults/children.
Jay Mattioli has told us that he prefers to find a young teenager who cannot lift it and their younger sibling can or another small child.
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Hi Cole, can this be done on a carpet? Thanks for your help. Smile
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Yes it can. Just be sure the stool is stable on the carpet so the child is secure when they stand on it. But yes, it can be done on floor, carpet, outdoors, etc.
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
907 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Just to be clear, the box can't be placed on the carpeted floor.
Saying it can be performed on any floor surface could be misinterpreted.

The stool can be placed on the carpet and the box gets placed on the stool as in the video.
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
Yes that is correct David. The box must be placed on the stool. The stool can be on any surface
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
www.hocus-pocus.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Mattioli's This is HEAVY (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL