The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Act of Generosity (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
I just wanted to recognize Robinr, a member here who did something totally unexpected. I recently placed a "want to buy" post in the buy-sell-trade section here on the Café for a Psi-Graphico wallet made by Evil-Dan. Out of the blue I received a PM from Robin saying he had one and requested my address and he'd be happy to just send it to me. He mentioned it was sitting there unused and he wanted to see it get some use. Along with the wallet he sent the Magick 412 issue with the Psi-Graphico routine as well as a DVD of a performance/explanation. WOW. What a cool thing to do. When I asked how I could send him some money at least for shipping he said it's incidental, don't bother!

I want to publicly thank Robin for such a generous act and share it here with you all.

Thank you very much Robin!

Sincerely,

Bobby
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Wonderful. What the Café should be about.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Wonderful. What the Café should be about.

I agree. Can I have some free stuff please, Martin? Smile
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I have an original set of killer red caps? Fancy them?
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
There are still some decent folks about, good to know that the Café is actually magicians helping magicians.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Martin, good to see you put your money where your mouth is! Smile Smile Smile (I'll pass though. I notice Ellusionist is about to release Killer Blue Caps! Will match my eyes much better..!)

I've also been on the receiving end of surprising generosity through these forums, receiving a mystery package in the mail one day that was unsolicited. There are some good eggs out there, that's for sure. There are also plenty of people who give valuable goodies in less tangible ways, such as through their advice. I've noticed that whilst there is still disagreement in views (in a good way), the quality of the posts in Penny and Inner Thoughts has been rising again in recent months, and for that I thank all the regulars here (particularly Iain, who I note has been working incredibly hard to start interesting and valuable discussions).
Be fondly remembered.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, george1953 wrote:
There are still some decent folks about, good to know that the Café is actually magicians helping magicians.

I just have to give a shout out to George who also extended a kind gesture this week.

I had posted several days ago that I was looking for a magnetic pendulum and was curious if anyone had any experience with them. George messaged me asking for my address so that he may send me one that he has. Didn't ask for money...not even shipping costs.

Here's to having a pint with you one day, George.

Thanks again,
Matthew
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
It is great that people are being honoured, but are you certain that these people want their generosity publicised? A wise man once said "Do not give to be praised by man. Rather, when you give, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing".

I'm not criticising. I just think that the kind of person who makes this sort of gesture tends to be the sort of person who would rather keep their actions quiet. Maybe if we feel the need to thank publicly, we should do so without giving the names, unless we have asked that person's permission?
Be fondly remembered.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, C.J. wrote:
It is great that people are being honoured, but are you certain that these people want their generosity publicised? A wise man once said "Do not give to be praised by man. Rather, when you give, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing".

I'm not criticising. I just think that the kind of person who makes this sort of gesture tends to be the sort of person who would rather keep their actions quiet. Maybe if we feel the need to thank publicly, we should do so without giving the names, unless we have asked that person's permission?

To hell with that. If, by some fluke, I accidentally do something nice for someone on the Café, I want it shouted from the rooftops!!!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Mathew, I was more than happy to help. I would rather that it was being used by someone rather than sitting in a drawer. Let me know when it arrives, the postal system here on the island is a bit hit and miss at the best of times.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, C.J. wrote:
(particularly Iain, who I note has been working incredibly hard to start interesting and valuable discussions).

have i?!

i'll have to stop that immediately...
I've asked to be banned
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes, knock it off, Iain.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I would also like to state while we are on the subject of magicians helping magicians that george1953 has been a really generous gentleman that has helped me out more then once ,so a big public thankyou and there are some truly great folk's on here that are willing to help and not pick on each other's spelling and put me down's ,lol.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
George is as helpful as anyone could possibly be.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thank you all for your kind words, all I have done is to pass on things I no longer use to folks that are going to use them.
Its better than have them sitting in a drawer. Got to try and get my head back through the door now ;-)
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
I love hearing accounts such as this....

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Act of Generosity (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL