The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello New Release (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks, guys! Awesome to hear that you're getting so much use out of my stuff, Adrien. And even better to hear about those reactions!

The synch version of Pulse Rate really is a great lead in to Imaginary Object. It also works beautifully as an opener to Imaginary Ball, especially if focusing on an 'energy' presentation in Pulse Rate.

Matt
Dr. Fellshadow
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA
15 Posts

Profile of Dr. Fellshadow
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, Godzilla wrote:

I made my first purchase to get his Ouija & Pendulum effects for Bizarre.

~G

Godzilla, could you tell me the name of Matt's Bizarre piece you mentioned in the quote above? Thank you in advance.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2015, Nlongi Yilwa wrote:
Quote:

~G

Godzilla, could you tell me the name of Matt's Bizarre piece you mentioned in the quote above? Thank you in advance.

It's in "its all in your head." By Matt.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
@Nlongi Yilwa ...^^^^^ What he said !^^^^^

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Dr. Fellshadow
View Profile
New user
Hollywood, CA
15 Posts

Profile of Dr. Fellshadow
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2015, Nlongi Yilwa wrote:
Quote:

~G

It's in "its all in your head." By Matt.

Thank you, much appreciation for your attentive reply!
dblast
View Profile
New user
Dan
54 Posts

Profile of dblast
Matt I just ordered and watched the video. Great job. I thought of an interesting variation using peppermint life savers. You could even put a drop of peppermint in the gimmick and have them smell the object.

Awesome effect. Thanks for sharing.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2361 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I just watched the video download from Penguin . And was totally blown away by the simplicity of the method. In a word, brilliant.
Matt. Thank you for sharing. I know I paid for it, but it was such a low price. Feels like you shared with us. This is worth 10 times the price.

Dave
SOUM
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of SOUM
Cool Release and a lot can be milked in in conjunction with other mentalism presentations
Thanks Matt
Dumpty
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Dumpty
On Penguin Magic there's a shipping cost to the UK that's more than the price of the thing itself. My understanding is that there is some gimmick but that you can easily make it yourself. Would people advise just getting the pdf/video (if such an option is even available?) or pay double for the postage?

Thanks
johndamen
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of johndamen
Sound really good, but just want to ask, does this have ANY type and/or variation of dual reality involved? I personally am not a fan of DR plots at all so my decision to get this is gonna be based on that.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1483 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2016, Dumpty wrote:
On Penguin Magic there's a shipping cost to the UK that's more than the price of the thing itself. My understanding is that there is some gimmick but that you can easily make it yourself. Would people advise just getting the pdf/video (if such an option is even available?) or pay double for the postage?

Thanks

You probably already have what you need.

Quote:
On Feb 5, 2016, johndamen wrote:
Sound really good, but just want to ask, does this have ANY type and/or variation of dual reality involved? I personally am not a fan of DR plots at all so my decision to get this is gonna be based on that.

Um... This is a hard question to answer because technically yes there is DR but it's DR designed for close up. When discussed, it only makes the effect stronger for both parties. They can't "unravel" the secret from talking. This is true with all of Matt's effects that involve DR.
If you enjoy my thoughts on the cafe, please consider donating a coffee at the link.
https://ko-fi.com/madisonhagler
johndamen
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of johndamen
Thanks MadisonH, appreciate the response.
matthewmello
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of matthewmello
Thanks for all of the comments, guys!

As Madison addressed, there is a type of DR involved. But if you were doing this effect for real, there would be two realities. You would have the participant experiencing the strange effect, and you would have the audience witnessing what's really happening. At the end, both parties will be impressed by the demonstration, and can freely discuss what happened.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6318 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
For those that are wondering about DR, this falls in that field, but is one of the few DR effects I would do. Why? Because most DR effects can be easily solved when the person on stage tells the rest of the group what happens or what was done to them.

In this case, the one person being fooled will be convinced by the rest of the group that they are wrong in the solution.

As an example of a DR I do: PK Touches... the one person will tell the group, "He touched me", but the group will say, "No, we were watching. He never touched you." That's why I like this kind of DR. Most DR's fall in the other group... the one person tells the group some inside info and suddenly the whole group has another take on what they just saw.

This is an excellent DR effect.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
dimaandes
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of dimaandes
As I saw the trailer, I had some doupts because of the cuts. But I was a big fan of Matts "Imaginary Ball" and still purchased "Imaginary Object".

So the cuts aren´t hiding any suspicious moves. All movements are absolutely clean and logical. The psychology about the DR is brilliant.
Everyone who loves the "Imaginary Ball" effect, will love "Imaginary Object". This is nothing for magicians, but definitively a real worker for mentalists.

The effect is easy to perform. You have no movements to learn and can concentrate on the performance. It´s all about presentation. I perform it more as an experiment than a trick, so nobody is looking for any "move".

Highly recommend it for mentalists!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello New Release (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL