The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Remote controlled magnet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prof.Browne
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Prof.Browne
Hi all!
Since a while I'm a bit boried to use magnets on me when perform.
I was thinking to use a remote controlled electromagnet while I'm far from the table to switch on devices that need a pk.
Do anyone know where I can buy something similar?
Many thanks!
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Delaware
532 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
Good luck Prof. That is a closely guarded secret. If you find out though, please let me know too. Smile
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
Effects for sale: www.shadowbizarre.com
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
159 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
Outlaw Effects may have something that will fill that bill...
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2149 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
You should be aware that electromagnet fields behave very differently to the field thrown by permanent magnets. You should do some research on this.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
Electromagnets should be powered with direct current (DC), especially by batteries. Alternating current produces a reversing magnetic field and likely also will cause hum from the vibrations in the electromagnet. Magnets can draw a high current. Some batteries will overheat or even explode under such conditions. You need to contact someone with electrical engineering experience to advise you.

I mention batteries because AC to DC converters often produce DC with a ripple that might cause a hum in a very quiet room. All of Outlook Effects apparatus run off batteries.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Very little is written about electromagnets regarding the number of windings in conjunction to the power, etc. Experimentation is your best friend here, if you are wrong with too much dc voltage it may over heat..keep trying.
Melies
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
107 Posts

Profile of Melies
Just ordered something from Outlaw Effects that I'm VERY excited about....Closest thing I can imagine to that elusive "real magic," at a distance! Seems to me that electromagnets are terribly underutilized in our field.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Look at my things on magicnook.com - many of them can be adapted.
Jolyon Jenkins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Remote controlled magnet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL