The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Code - By Andy Nyman (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Hi Mark,

I use the Boris Wild myself, and sometimes struggle to read them. I think I may need an eye check up! I would agree that with good routining the question of a m***** deck should hopefully never arise.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I do very little with marked cards and the main routine I use them for is Pete Turners getting to know you. Often I have them cover the card with their hand and get the read as I demonstrate by covering the card myself. I mostly use the card when I do my version of memoria which allows a free choice of card but I have to know what it is. If I'm doing getting to know you I generally do that propless and for real, the advantage of not using any cards is that my scripting actually gives me a much wider spread of hits whilst appearing to be very specific, and also in some areas leads them to adjust their card to fit the reading.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2014, pegasus wrote:
I need to watch the DVD again. I have to say my favourite effect is knowing how many cards have been cut off. What is yours Brett?

Thanks for asking - so far my favorite routine from the Nyman DVD is the dream sequence with the envelope describing the performers dream, and utilizing a 2nd deck. For strolling carrying two decks isn't too practical but I do occasionally use the two and this gets GREAT reactions. I have also used this routine at trade shows this past year and it really hits hard.

I have Ultimate Marked Deck (I bought 6 of them because I knew they were going to stop making them) and I always liked the marks and feel that it is a special deck because they are genuine Bikes and USPCC no longer allows such back designs. It was created by the boys at Magic Dream in Paris and until The Code it was my go-to MD.

But Code is now my favorite as it adds the number possibility that Mark mentions - as long as I am wearing my glasses then I am OK and the dream sequence routine requires that of course.

I was also thinking of trying Code out and combining with the Magicwebfx app which is my favorite app purchase (easily) of the year. I just used Magicwebfx for a stage show of 300 last weekend at it was really a thing of sheer brilliance, combining my routine with an ID held by the on stage volunteer.

As far as seeing the marks, to me Code is in the middle - not as easy to see as the old Fournier marked decks (which I used to own but gave away mine to George in Spain as his eyes couldn't see Code).

Do any of you guys still own the old Becker/Earle Demon Deck from around 2004?

I saw some close up photos yesterday of the marks and they look similar to UMD's marks. Apparently Becker had these designed and printed on his own and the look was very close to Bikes and was forced to stop making them. I would love to own one if someone is willing to part with theirs Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I use the code deck along with AR Mind Reader - Magic Trick using 3D Augmented Reality to reveal their card ,works great.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2014, Greg Rostami wrote:
Over the last few weeks I've been using The Code with RA.

When it comes time for me to do the move, The Code makes it SOOO easy.
I can have the spectators cut the cards, and then I spread through the cards face down to instantly locate where I have to c**.

Since RA defaults to Tamariz's stack, it works with The Code right out of the box!

Good times,
G Ro

I say the same, it's the holy grail! I love it !
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
tobajer
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of tobajer
Just started playing with it and only thing I can say is: WOW Smile Routines in DVD are great, but because the way the deck is engineered my imagination is roaming with ideas...
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2015, tobajer wrote:
Just started playing with it and only thing I can say is: WOW Smile Routines in DVD are great, but because the way the deck is engineered my imagination is roaming with ideas...

Enjoy, the code is a wonderful deck for sure.
C.J.Magic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of C.J.Magic
The Code is a fantastic product.

But, if for certain reasons ( deck brand, etc. ) it isn't your cup of tea, might I suggest The Titanic Deck ( created by the gifted mentalist/producer, Titanas )?

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Streaming/Product.aspx?id=50407

It's a mentalist dream if you use cards. The manuscript is filled with an assortment of wonderful routines and if by chance you are a creative routine tinker, it will open up all sorts of new avenues for you and breath new life into mental effects from the past.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
I love The Code too. I don't do mentalism but this deck allows for all sorts of variations that makes the "mentalism part" seem truly off the cuff.
Regards,
Silverthorne
jefferson8888
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of jefferson8888
This is the only deck I never leave home without! It even fools magicians. the best marked deck ever.
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
I use it for Isabella Star - it's great
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I have an idea that involves the spectator randomly selecting 5 or 6 cards.

And then I reveal whether its a black or red card by "reading" the card with my fingers.

any thoughts on this?

best,
brandon
Skilless
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Skilless
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2014, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I do very little with marked cards and the main routine I use them for is Pete Turners getting to know you. Often I have them cover the card with their hand and get the read as I demonstrate by covering the card myself. I mostly use the card when I do my version of memoria which allows a free choice of card but I have to know what it is. If I'm doing getting to know you I generally do that propless and for real, the advantage of not using any cards is that my scripting actually gives me a much wider spread of hits whilst appearing to be very specific, and also in some areas leads them to adjust their card to fit the reading.

Mark

Those of you whose eyesight makes use of a MD difficult might look into the DMC deck. It doesn't use anything resembling a standard bicycle back though. It looks more like a bee deck.

Talking about bee decks, has anyone else here tried using a bee juice MD? I have and never learned to see the m****.
LookyLookyMan
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of LookyLookyMan
Quote:
On Apr 10, 2015, bgm4gic wrote:
I have an idea that involves the spectator randomly selecting 5 or 6 cards.

And then I reveal whether its a black or red card by "reading" the card with my fingers.

any thoughts on this?

best,
brandon

I'd just do the Vernon separating the colors with a borrowed deck. Same effect as you are trying to get without any need for a special deck.
jedyny
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jedyny
Could anyone put a photo with deck order? I lost the box with explanation link Smile
I shuffled the deck by mistake...
CMR
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of CMR
Each card has its own "ID," so you shouldn't have trouble putting them back in order.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2020, CMR wrote:
Each card has its own "ID," so you shouldn't have trouble putting them back in order.

Indeed. The reason I bought the deck.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I recently pulled this one off the shelf. I was looking to see if they still sold replacement decks and I can't find them. It seems the only way to get it is to pay the full $30. The replacement decks used to be less than half that price only five years ago or less.

I love the deck. BTW, my favorite effect is the dream ACAAN as well, based on some previous posts. However, it seems to me that this effect would be even better if you let the participant shuffle the code deck before selecting their card. I also think it would be better if you used a nail writer and gave out the note. The note would be modified a bit to talk about how they shuffled the deck.

Brilliant deck. This falls in the category of "Holy Grails". This is, IMO, the Holy Grail of ACAAN.

Maybe there should be a thread for "Holy Grails" in different categories. Matthew Wright's "Final Destination" would be the Holy Grail of coins across.

KJ
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not a good idea imo. The whole point is to keep the deck in order for obvious reasons. A false shuffle by the magi is sufficient enough.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2020, 1KJ wrote:
I recently pulled this one off the shelf. I was looking to see if they still sold replacement decks and I can't find them. It seems the only way to get it is to pay the full $30. The replacement decks used to be less than half that price only five years ago or less.
KJ

I bought this from Theory 11 and its available in my account as a refill for $10 - the refill is not available on the main site. If you can remember where you bought it maybe reach out to customer service.

Great deck, I cant believe it didn't catch on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Code - By Andy Nyman (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL