The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The scryer project (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
XyGreg
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
Wow, thanks for the news, this will be really interesting!
Honest Deceptions
View Profile
New user
Australia
60 Posts

Profile of Honest Deceptions
Andrew Gerard is a great thinker...I am sure this one will be a hit
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
The Scryer Project is officially listed for Presale at Hocus Pocus and we have the full ad copy and a video preview. Check it out. This is the MOST ANTICIPATED DVD project of 2014.

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=28414

Preorder it from Hocus Pocus to get Free Worldwide Shipping. Anticipated for release in Mid December. A more definite date will be posted as soon as it is available.

This is something you will not want to miss!

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Where is the video? I don't see it.

Ray
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
If you hit "more info" on the item after clicking the link, the video is at the bottom of the ad copy
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Cole Gross wrote:
If you hit "more info" on the item after clicking the link, the video is at the bottom of the ad copy

Thanks, it must be my IPAD, because I don't get a video.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
The advertisement for this DVD set begins with the following claim: "Neal Scryer has been described as the most influential mentalist since Annemann."

Before I read this ad, I had already discovered that the hype in this field was serious. But I had NO idea it was becoming this epidemic.

George
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Cole Gross wrote:

Thanks, it must be my IPAD, because I don't get a video.

Ray, same here.
It appears to be a flash link,
I was able to see the link using a flash browser, but it says video not found or access denied. Smile
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
This looks like an awesome project... count with me!

Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
SamNJ
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of SamNJ
George, why don't you purchase the DVDs, study them carefully and then get back to us with your informed, expert opinion as to whether they're the real deal or merely hype. I hope that you're not seriously suggesting that Osterlind, Banachek, Salem and others prominent in this art are colluding to hype these DVDs.
Rod Irroc
View Profile
Regular user
The media swarmed over my last blindfold drive... I ran over
154 Posts

Profile of Rod Irroc
While I agree with the hype in this field, not a bad statement in the blurb IMO. I'm not aware of ANY creator that has written more effects and routines for mentalists than Scryer. Also, his influence is with every performer that I'm in contact with.
He's a one man jinx.

Pretty amazing, glad we have him.
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
Sam, you summed it up nicely and professional.
It's unfortunate that when some of the top hitters in the craft come together, the project gets slammed and instantly is considered hype. However, I think we are truly blessed to have such graceious teachers who are willing to work together to make a new future for our art. And pure jealousy has no room amongst the ranks of professionals.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1711 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Sam and Darrell:

Please reread my post. I said that the lead sentence in the ad way ludicrously hyperbolic.

1) That is NOT saying whether the DVD's are "the real deal or merely hype."

2) That is NOT slamming the project or calling the project hype.

I have noticed, of course, that some notable mentalists are commending the DVD's as worth getting, but there is no evidence in what they wrote that they had in fact viewed the DVD's at the time they endorsed the project.

I own and have read two of the Scryer books, Black & White and Carnival of Secrets. Some good stuff there but, so far, have seen no reason to relegate my books by Corinda, Maven, Osterlind, Cassdidy, Banachek, and others to the back bookcases in my library.

Let me say it again. I only wrote that the ad's lead sentence is over the top. (Surely mentalists can recognize such obvious misdirection in advertising!)

George
Heywood
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Heywood
The Scryer material has never let down any of the working professionals. When you know how to perform, it is all solid gold material. If it were not so usable and sound, then I might be inclined to agree with those calling it "hype." The ability to efficiently effectively understand the practicality of his work is the current measure of a true pro. I respect the greats who have offered their support for this project, but standing alone, the Scryer track record is enough for me.

IMHO - The respect for Scryer's creativity is what separates the wheat from the chaff in the world of Mentalism.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
George never said anything about the material,.
He commented on a statement in the ad that he feels is over the top.

Until the DVDs have been delivered and the material worked on, anything said by most of the membership is personal opinion based on the ad or pervious materials, and should be taken that way.

Tony
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Andrew, is a wonderful performer.
But, I would love to see the Man himself (Mr. Scryer) doing this!
I never lay my claim to Mentalism, but I have learned so much from Neil & Richard on the subject.
It has helped me so much in the performance of 'Magick' ! (Bizarre/Storytelling)
And, Yes ... Mentalism and Mental Magic and Magic is used together in Bizarre.

~G

Of course, many in the Mentalism field have been there for help when needed to ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2524 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Wait.... Scryer is a mentalist?!
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! Smile
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
I thank thee for the glory of the universe,for the sun,the moon and the stars .But most of all I thank thee for the magic Café and all it's brilliant minds .This has been an amazing journey learning from each and everyone of you, I thank thee for that to.

Sending the Light
Reverend Carl Zen
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
My God, Carl... I didn't know you were a reverend. Your post was so moving and we are very blessed to have such a esteemed member amongst our ranks. Smile
Carl you should gives all a blessing for today. What say you...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The scryer project (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL