The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Annabelle (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
After seeing the movie Annabelle last night with my wife....I put this together. Dolly Darko with my own twist.....Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=200PpjiAo0s

Chuck Caputo Smile
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
335 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Very Cool Chuck...

Thanks for sharing this...the hank in the bottle was the effect I liked best...very visual when the hank moves from the top of the frame into the bottle.

Continued Success,
Dan
Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan
Metaphysician, Readings, & Mentalism
www.drdanandco.com
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Thanks Doc, That was one of my additions. I purposely filmed is a very brightly lit room to prove you can do this anywhere.

Had a blast!

Chuck
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
That was the first performance video I have seen using Dolly, Me thinks !

I really enjoyed the 'Tambourine Toss' ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

You know Godzilla that is one of the reasons I wanted to put this on film, I have been asking to see a video of this for a few years to no avail. The D. Darko effect is ingenious and I really like it, as you can see you can add anything you wish or can create. Kudos to Lebanon Circle for creating this.

Chuck
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

You know Godzilla that is one of the reasons I wanted to put this on film, I have been asking to see a video of this for a few years to no avail. The D. Darko effect is ingenious and I really like it, as you can see you can add anything you wish or can create. Kudos to Lebanon Circle for creating this.

Chuck
horus1
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of horus1
I have always been curious about D Darko. Thank you for sharing this!
Really enjoyed your routine. And yes.. it says a lot about Dan and LC that this effect can
be performed anywhere.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
Thanks for sharing Chuck... Looks like a lot of fun.
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

This is like the Sefalajia on steroids...many improvements. The items which I added myself is the silk/bottle effect, writing chalkboard and smoking cigar, these do not come with it. Dolly is a masterpiece and well thought out.

I could have gone on with other ideas I had but the video would have been too long.

Chuck
spookyone
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
282 Posts

Profile of spookyone
FINALLY a Dolly Darko video. YAY
Daisydog
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Daisydog
Thank you for the first ever Dolly video. I bought the cabinet without the Dolly and use a nasty vent doll instead. I'll try and video a performance and post it. Great fun.!
As for the film, my wife and I went to see Gone Girl on friday night and they showed a trailer for Annabelle. My wife most certainly is not wanting to go and see that film!!! LoL!!
davidyeung1991
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of davidyeung1991
Just very short clip for my dolly http://youtu.be/HJ2Xu_KR0gg
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Just posted mine for sale in lMaMd. Don't want to let her go but am moving and just have too much stuff.
pickin_grinnin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
144 Posts

Profile of pickin_grinnin
How was the movie, by the way? I love spooky dolls.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Go see the movie, it was cool...it will scare the "yell" outta you!
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

I have just added a self drinking milk bottle to this effect to keep in alignment with the original Stewart James' Sefalajia cabinet, it is very visual.
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of gostone23
That was awesome! I have wanted to see a Dolly Darko in action for awhile now. Thank you so much.

Now I want one more than ever. haha...

What was the chalk board effect called? Is that a part of the DD or was that something you added? That's really spooky.

-Robert
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Hi Robert, The Chalkboard is my own invention as well as the lighting candle and silk which goes into the bottle.

The ringing bell, music box and Dolly's doll which returns to her lap and goes into its box comes with the unit.

Get this, it is great!

Chuck Smile
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
This is a short clip that I did to check lighting and other qualities of a DD performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRa5TMr9WCk&feature=youtu.be

I am not using the standard method of moving objects that Chuck demonstrates, I am a little more remote.
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of gostone23
Wow, These look absolutely brilliant.
Thanks for posting the videos.

I had this idea of using this along with Marc Charisse's School Slates and Outlaw effects Forever in a show. Ah, daydreaming...

Now I want one more than ever!

-robert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Annabelle (12 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL