The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism pad suggestions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zoescout
View Profile
New user
Washington
48 Posts

Profile of zoescout
I have a corporate magic performance coming up and I want to perform a basic mentalism routine to add into a larger layered set. I want to have a volunteer pick a word from a stack of corporate documents and write it on a pad or something similar. It would be great if it could be two different volunteers picking two different words. I would then reveal their words later in the set.

I am new to mentalism and imp pads. What would be my best and simplest option. It would be great if it instantly reset so that I could have a second person pick a word - but not absolutely necessary. Simplicity and ease of use would be most important.

Thanks in advance!
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Your best option is to design a way to work with the stack of documents, rather than have them write it down on a pad. There are many ways to do this, and if you're booking corporate shows, I have to assume you'd have enough background knowledge to work out a way to do this. Putting the key words on to any sort of cards (large or playing cards) would allow you to design all sorts of short-card systems. The end result could be much cleaner, especially if you're just throwing one mentalism effect into your routine (which as iI'm sure you'll shortly find out, doesn't tend to go down too well with us Penny folks).
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
What CJ wrote is true. But apart from that, we don't discuss secrets in this forum. Once you've reached fifty posts you'll have access to Inner Thoughts, which is not, unlike this forum, publicly searchable.
zoescout
View Profile
New user
Washington
48 Posts

Profile of zoescout
Sorry, didn't mean to give away any secrets, just wanting to know if anyone had a recommendation of an imp pad that would work well for what I was needing. I don't want any secrets, just if they thought a specific type of pad would work well.

I am interested in adding more mentalism, and not just one trick for one routine - but I want to start with something simple and build upon it.

Thank you for the help!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism pad suggestions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL