The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Spelling & Grammar » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Hi!

I wasn't quite sure where this post should go, so I'll try here.

I genuinely appreciate the huge amount of work that goes into making the Magic Café as accessible and presentable as possible.

From time to time, the spelling and grammar of posts I've made have been altered. As a general principle I have no objection to this, and applaud the practice.

The problem is, in the cases I've spotted, the effect has been to introduce errors into my posts, rather than to eliminate them. In one recent alteration, the sense of my closing point was actually altered (however slightly).

I'm not trying to make a big deal about this (in fact, I wouldn't even characterise this post as a complaint - merely a comment) but you can see how, as a proofreader myself, this would bother me. There may, of course, be any number of other occasions where a genuine finger-slip of mine has been legitimately corrected, and for this I thank you.

Cheers,

Cy (not complaining - just making the observation).
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4972 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Cy, thankyou for your observations. Proper editing is important to us. We strive not to change the content of any post but occassionally, as you could imagine, with over 400,000 posts to check by a limited number of volunteers, an error is made.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Spelling & Grammar » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL