The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TED KARMILOVICH PENGUIN LIVE (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I did not see the entire lecture but from what I saw it was excellent. The effects taught were very strong and yet technically very simple to perform. He is a good teacher with a very pleasant personality. If you are looking for some strong material to add to your repertoire as well as good sound advice you can't go wrong with this lecture.
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
632 Posts

Profile of Sensio
O M G !!!
SENSIOPAD - Finest Peeking Technology

K N O C K O U T M E N T A L I S M . C O M
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1144 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Impossible Princess was a great effect.
overflow
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
185 Posts

Profile of overflow
Still not online ?

Thanks
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
678 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, overflow wrote:
Still not online ?

No, not yet. It seems to be quite random with these. Sometimes they're up within just a few short hours, while others it's much longer. Doesn't seem to make any difference if the lectures are extra long or not.

I personally think that sometimes they start processing the files straight after the lecture, while others they leave it until the next morning.
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Perhaps we should all bombard Penguin's customer service. It would soon appear, lol.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
678 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, Adam Paul wrote:
Perhaps we should all bombard Penguin's customer service. It would soon appear, lol.

I've already contacted them. They just said it will be up sometime today.

I imagine that Acar will be following this thread and may respond and let us know what is happening?
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1040 Posts

Profile of sbays
As much as I love Penguin, this is one area where I wish it could be more consistent. Their page still says "Immediate Download" when you buy a lecture. It should not say that UNTIL it is ready for immediate download. I wish they could find a way to expedite doing whatever they have to do to get these online much faster than they do. It's just a small gripe. Penguin has always been great to do business with.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4175 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I helped bombard, they said probably within an hour.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1001 Posts

Profile of rasp
Come on Penguin, chomping at the bit here!! Smile
Trevah Whateva
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Trevah Whateva
Sorry for the delay, guys! We experienced an upload issue and are are fixing it right now.

We're also working on a better and quicker way to upload the lectures in the future which will should minimize the wait time.

We've received such great support from all of you on our Penguin Live series and we REALLY hate to disappoint in any way. Rest assured, this is a priority on our end and the file will be available very soon.
Szymon Krzysztoszek
View Profile
New user
Warsaw, Poland
78 Posts

Profile of Szymon Krzysztoszek
Do you mean it will be available in 10 minutes or I should go sleep?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Acar
Sorry, Szymon. The problem today was that the video file had some corrupt bits and was causing our video processing server trouble. With our team in London right now, I'm re-encoding it and it should be up soon, around mid-night.

I hate cutting it so close to our "under 24 hours" goal, but on the bright side, I think we may just make it!

The lecture was fantastic and I hope you walk away feeling it was worth the extra wait. Thank you all so much for your patience and support.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, Acar wrote:
Sorry, Szymon. The problem today was that the video file had some corrupt bits and was causing our video processing server trouble. With our team in London right now, I'm re-encoding it and it should be up soon, around mid-night.

I hate cutting it so close to our "under 24 hours" goal, but on the bright side, I think we may just make it!

The lecture was fantastic and I hope you walk away feeling it was worth the extra wait. Thank you all so much for your patience and support.

On the bright side it's definitely worth the wait. Great job by Penguine giving us acces to such a great lecture.
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Would have been nice to know this earlier, Acar.

When there's issues in future, please don't leave your customers in the dark. Some of us in Europe have been waiting up to watch this - its now midnight. We'd have done things differently if we'd have known this.

This is not the first time this has happened and it doesn't help when all your team say is, it will be up today.

As someone said earlier on this thread, its the inconsistency that baffle us. Sometimes its ready just a few hours after the lecture, yet others its closer to 24 hours. Why the big difference?
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Acar
Adam, I'm so sorry to keep you or anyone else up waiting for us. That's the last thing I want.

Our goal is always to get it up within 24 hours. And while it will be, I'm sorry for the lack of faster answers. A version of it will be up within a few minutes here, with a higher quality one up in a couple more hours.

Why is it inconsistent?

It's *usually* one of 2 reasons.

1. It was so long that the file needs to be re-compressed because it exceeded file upload sizes.
2. There was a couple bad bits in the file and it needs to be re-processed.

But today's delay was an even more unlikely thing. It started with #2 (reprocessing necessary), but since our entire studio team was in London or on planes (preparing for our series of lectures this week) our response times were slower. Again, I'm really sorry you stayed up waiting, and I'm working as fast as I can.

Thank you again for all your support.

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 07:36 pm The lecture is now available for download.

To get it up as quickly as possible, I did 2 versions. The one up there now is slightly lower quality, and a higher quality one is going up in about 1 hour.

Thanks again for all your patience, everyone!
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1315 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Acar, thank you! Being able to watch so many great mentalism lectures is a real treat. It's appreciated more than you know.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of Acar
Mr. Mindbender, thank you for that. We're trying to set the bar higher every day. We really listen to all the feedback, good or bad every time.

Thank you all again.

PS: The high-quality version is now available for download.
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
I agree. Penguin rocks, thank you for making these great lectures available to us all. Much appreciated!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1304 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Acar, I absolutely love Penguin. The lectures are wonderful. Ted Karmilovich was especially wonderful Smile

But in general, Penguin has phenomenal customer service, and is always my first choice when looking for mentalism and magic books, DVDs and related items. You team is the best.

Nov 3, 2014 10:48 pm One of the best parts of Mr. Karmilovich's lecture were the insights he shared about his approach to doing Q&A. First he demonstrated one approach to Q&A (Two Bowl Q&A), then taught how he does it, and finally offered thinking about how his approach has evolved over the years and some of the key aspects of how it performs it today. A few of the subtleties were absolute gold.

Another highlight was how he thinks about clients and how he wants to make them feel. Clearly he puts a great deal of thought and effort into what he says and does in order to make the client feel good. Obviously I won't share any specific details. Watch the lecture!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TED KARMILOVICH PENGUIN LIVE (20 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL