The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where do YOU buy your coin gaffs from? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Without question... Todd Lassen. But, don't expect him to answer your emails. And, be prepared to wait. I'm still waiting on a CSB set that I ordered six months ago!

Robert
RobDougherty
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of RobDougherty
Just because I couldn't find the answer myself. When you purchase a set from Lassen, are you expected to pay for the set then wait 6 months+ for delivery? To be totally honest I would be far from comfortable with that arrangement no matter how reputable the dealer...
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
Lassen's reputation for quality is recognized as the "industry standard" among magicians. As such, it only stands to reason that at any given time he may be inundated with orders and requests. Having purchased Mr. Lassens "Triple Threat", my experience was about what I would have expected for what realistically amounts to a "special order". Mr. Lassen was easy to deal with, he did indeed answered my inital email in a timely manner, but what I found surprising was that after having read all sorts of critizism regarding his customer service, he specifically called me to go over certain details to insure that I would be getting a "customized" coin gimmick for my needs. I am extremely happy with the product and service that I recieved and would not hesitate to recommend his services.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
As Far as I know Todd does Not Cash A Check Or Take The Money Out of PayPal Till the order Is sent off! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
RobDougherty
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of RobDougherty
Thanks for the response David, that information has made my mind up on getting a custom set from Lassen rather than the other expensive custom coin guys.
mysta-magic
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
27 Posts

Profile of mysta-magic
FYI, Joe Mogar does not manufacture coin Gaffs himself. He buys them from me and other various Gaffers to resell.

Roy Kueppers
wsgumby
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of wsgumby
I thought I would throw in a good word for Jamie Schoolcraft. The walking liberty flipper I purchased from him (pro gravity) is beautiful and was actually a bargain.
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
I am actually heading down to Todd's house next week to pick out some Morgans and have him get started on making me an all silver set. A full set of gaffs.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea he Is Working On some Cerberus Gaffs Right Now! SmileAnd if Anyone Gets one I have a DVD On it! ( 10 routines! )
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Just got a Walking Liberty OXF from Schoolcraft and it's terrific.
tgold65
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of tgold65
What do folks on this thread think of Tango? I recognize that he isn't Todd Lassen or Jamie Schoolcraft, but Tango seems like a more affordable alternative for people on a budget who may still want walking liberty gaffs.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Personally I go with Johnson over Tango. But that's just my opinion.

Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea Johnson Had been Around for 25-30 years! And I use to use Them All the time Before I met Todd! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Tango's quality has really improved in the
last few years.
Todd
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
I emailed Schoolcraft about 6 weeks ago and no response. How long does it usually take for him to get back to you?
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2014, DP the Great wrote:
I emailed Schoolcraft about 6 weeks ago and no response. How long does it usually take for him to get back to you?

E-mail's a crap shoot.
If you just pick up the phone and call during normal business hours, it usually takes just a few seconds for him to answer it.
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
I used to buy Johnson's. Then I switched to Todd.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Where do YOU buy your coin gaffs from? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL