We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mirror Penetration (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
329 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Ive got this weird idea about walking through a mirror.Im wondering if you could give the illusion of a solid mirror using some kind of hologram or something similar.Anybody know if this is even possible? Smile
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
You mean visually penetrating the mirror with no cover..?

I have never seen anything like that and I doubt the possibilities of a hologram. Besides that kind of technology would not be cheap...

There are effects which use a solid mirror. Wellington sells the Luis de Matos model. Jim Steinmeyer designed the penetration Copperfield performed in a special and also at leat Brett Daniels performs. They don't just "melt" thru there´s some cover being used.
Sent from my Typewriter
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
I suppose its possible to use a mirror arangement to create the image of the mirror to walk thru, but it would be a very hard thing to always get right and for the perfect angles that have to happen for htat all the time. It would be interesting though.

Robert
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
"Jim Steinmeyer designed the penetration Copperfield performed in a special..."

Is that the one where it is more of a sheet of metal than a mirror? Then it is but on top of a box he is locked in which is covered by a curtain. Lastly he pushes out through the top and eventually rips through the sheet???

If that's not it, could you please explain it since I am interested to hear about it. Thanks!

Evan
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
No, DC's Walking thru a mirror (by Steinmeyer) was in the Orient Express special or the one before (I think - I'll check my DC collection later) - Its the one with the six foot mirror, goes into a glass frame with a small rectangle cut in the glass. A small square of paper covers the hole, and you can see the mirror all the way around as he penetrates the mirror. The instant he's through you can see a solid mirror behind him and its instantly and visibly slid out from the glass intact.

Its a very clever principle - as it looks so fair!

- Paulie.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Henning did the same one
Scott
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Paulie cleared that one. Evan, it sounds to me that the bit you described is DC`s "thru steel" which in turn is an Andre Kole effect, his son Tim also performs it.

Check Jim Steinmeyer´s site, the mirror penetration is described there. It is my most favorite illusion of all time, extremely visual and very direct and to the point. Beautiful.

I cant believe I left this out, but Peter Loughran has a truly great mirror penetration effect called "Devil´s Reflection" which is certainly worth checking out. It looks stunning and is not very large. In all an effect I truly admire. Very clever thinking on Peter´s part, as always.
Sent from my Typewriter
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Doug Henning did Steinmeyer's Mirror first ... as with many Illusions you see on TV today... Doug was the first. I created an original Mirror Penetration years ago, it's on my website chezaday.com but it's not for copy or sale. It may be released sometime in the future. If anything I might add... if your going to travel with a mirror... plexi mirror is the way to go. It's lighter and safer to travel with. Wellington has an awsome version of a Mirror Penetration for sale.. Bill's props are amazing ... check them out.

Steve
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Kirby Van Burch owns Hennings Mirror Penetration and currently performs it nightly in his show in Branson. It is a great piece.

Steve..how ya been? We will be in Chicago at the Halloween & Party show again yhis year. We hope to run into you there.

Kevin
Livng Illusions
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks for the nice comments MV on my Devil's Reflection.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Well Peter, I was just stating a fact Smile I got DR on my wish list already.
Sent from my Typewriter
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Thanks for the imput about DC's mirror illusion. It must have been his through steel illusion then.

Thanks again!

Evan
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
329 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Thanks guys!!!
Smile
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1742 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone here bought the Devils Reflection, I need your views on this before I buy. I live in England so its going to be expencive.
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
If you want a real simple and cheap method then check out Andrew Mayne's version.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Which one, A-frame? Mayne has at least four mirror penetrations last I remember.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
seanalexander
View Profile
Regular user
UK
194 Posts

Profile of seanalexander
The one which uses the 'spirit cloth' principle!
Doveman
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Doveman
Is the Steinmeyer version for sale? I wonder if the plans are available from him.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1348 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Peter, whats your return policy or guarentee? I'm sure that would be enough assurance for potential buyers. Hope this helps, all my best,

Ryan
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
dylansvederus
View Profile
New user
Red Deer, Alberta`
8 Posts

Profile of dylansvederus
Can I get a link to andrews website so I can check them out please?
Dylan Svederus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Mirror Penetration (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL