The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell Drawing Board Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Thanks Steve,

I'll be in touch soon, and yes, I can see how good it is. I can't wait to use it. I just brought (from you) your axtrax birthday cake routine on CD and think it's FANTASTIC.

I have seen another drawing board owned by another magician here, and this one is a bit noisey compered with his.

Thanks again, Billy
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
I thought I posted this already, but don't see it. Anyway here goes.....

The New REMOTE CONTROL Magic Drawing Board is now available and WOW it's amazing! You should check out all the features at http://www.axtell.com/rmdb.html

Let me know what you think!

Ax
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Steve,

You posted your REMOTE CONTROL Magic Drawing Board in the Boxes, tubes & bags section,

At the Kidabra Conference in 2002, I saw your proto-type and it was received well. What happened was on stage there were several professionals having a discusssion, a fireside chat, I recall in one chair was Steve Axtell, the interviewer was Samuel Smith, and in the third chair was the familar Drawing Board with the standard face drawn on it.

Some where in the middle of the interview Samuel Smith pop the question, "What was new or on the horizon At Axtell?" Wellllll.... when the drawing board answered that question, the audience went wild. Even Sammy was stunned by that magical moment.

I wish you well in it's sales because it sure offers some "visionary promises" for children entertainers.
Dennis Michael
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello everyone,
I have had my board for quite awhile. It is my second board. I thru my first one away and bought a new one. The first one kind-of fell apart.

The plastic cover on my second board is warp and wavy. Is there anyone that has this same problem?

I have to stick little pieces of cardboard around the edges to keep the cover from falling out.

My twin brother had the same thing happen to him. He made a wooden frame that fits over the frame of the board and then removed the plastic cover and replaced it with a sheet of plexi glass. It sure gave the board a different look!

Ray
John Breeds
View Profile
Veteran user
England
336 Posts

Profile of John Breeds
Hi Billy
I had a similar problem with Axtell drawing board. Try this:-
1) Cut off about 3cm length of a 260 balloon and stretch this over the rear control screw. This will stop the noise when you release the mouth control.
2) Stick a piece of black pvc tape on the back (just inside of the aperture where the control for the eye movement is....... I had a similar problem with light coming through the translucent board. The bigger kids let me know in no uncertain terms that they could see the movement behind the scenes! The piece of black pvc tape mod solved it. Actually, I can't understand why Steve Axtell hasn't already modified his latest models. Hope this helps you Billy.

Best wishes

John Breeds
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Thanks John, I'll certainly give that a try.

I noticed this is your first post, Welcome, and I hope it's the first of many many more.

All the best, Billy
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I just received my Drawing Board recently and I notice the same type of noise as Billy mentioned. The noise I notice is not that of the lever hitting the board, it's a noise that occurs when you pull the lever down also, and it sounds like it's coming from deeper within the board. I used the balloon tip, and while I am sure it helps with the lever hitting the board when you release the lever, it didn't eliminate the noise altogether.

I have only performed with the board in front of small groups of family for now while practicing, and the noise is certainly obvious. I have a show for 30 kids in a week where I will debut the board. I am hoping that the laughing and general noise of the kids will mask the board noise a bit more than my living room performances have. One other factor is that if I had a better/bigger cd player, I could play the AxTrax soundtrack louder and it would further hide the noise of the board.

Does anyone know if there is anything else that can be done to muffle the noise? I am sort of doubtful because if there was something that could make it more quiet, I would imagine Steve would have done it by now. Axtell seems like a great company.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I haev used the board many times and usually have music playing in the background. no one has ever even mentioned the noice before from my audiences. They are so amazed at the thing coming to life, they do not even hear or think about the noise. The music also helps to mask it some.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I'm considering this but have read many posts about the noise. Can you just play a song and have the character lip sync the song at a raised volume? This should mask the noise I would hope.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
The noise that my board makes is so slight that I don't consider it to be a problem. The mouth is supposed to be moving in sync with the voice, so any noise made is covered.

Regan
Mister Mystery
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I am with Regan. I have never, ever had a problem with the noise at all. People just never bring it up. They are just so stunned with the movement, that it overshadows everything. Plus with a bit of practice, you can move it and minimize any sound that you may get.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Sorry to tweak the subject just a bit, but I've been thinking of buying the trick in question and am deciding between the big size and the smaller size. The price difference isn't enough to matter to me. But issues of transport and suitability. I'd like to be able to haul it in my suitcase table and I also wondered if the larger board was just as deceptive close up as the smaller board. Most of my shows are in living rooms.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Jim, I'm wondering the exact same thing! WOw, mentalism:)

I haul enough in as it is and don't want to bring in a huge easel type pad. Living rooms are small enough as you alluded too and most of my jobs occur there also.
I've seen some negative about the mini but could that just be cause others have gotten use to the big one?

Boy to bring in the small one and get 75 percent of the reaction of the larger would suit me.....this won't be my main effect or even a long drawn out CD version but I feel it could be just one more thing that will leave them thinking.

Help anyone who has this mini version please!

Found this on Kidabra, looks like the mini board is a good item:

http://www.kidabra.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB......tart=0#7
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Jim,
I use a suitcase table and put it in the bottom on its side pressed up against the back of the case. I perform this all the time in living rooms. Many times with people within 4 feet of me. I have had a few people ask questions a few years ago but any issue is easily remedied.

oliver
Billy Whizz
View Profile
Special user
Plymouth, UK
576 Posts

Profile of Billy Whizz
Hi Candini, since my original post on this last year, I have now started using the board. First I had the large version, now I use the smaller version, mainly because its a better size to fit into my box.

As to the noise, that was one of my main concerns. But since using it, there has never once been a problem with that. If you want Candini, I'll send you my promo DVD and you can see the board in action in front of a live audience to see the type of response I get. If you do want me to send it, PM me your address.

Good luck,

Billy
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
That would be outstanding Billy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Axtell Drawing Board Question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL