The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just got tickets to see THE WHO in September at Caesars!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
September 19th at the Colosseum is the date and I am really excited. I saw Roger Daltry sing TOMMY in 2010 in Philly at a small arena and it rocked. Then last year we saw THE WHO sing Quadrophenia at The Joint in the Hard rock and it was small-ish which rocked. We actually had a VIP table so it was cool.

This is a great venue as well at Caesars. The VIP seating is cool and we beat pre-sale which puts us in a great spot to see. The 50th anniversary should be a good show. Well if they both make it till then LOL!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Who's on bass & drums?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't even know.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
That's funny, going to see who? in the Who.
More like the Daltry-Townshend Remember When Review.
Have a great time!
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Who's on bass & drums?

The last time I saw them, it was Zak starkey on drums....Then again, Entwistle was still alive then.
Me and three of my mates are getting tickets to the Nottingham gig on December the fifth, should be sorted on Saturday, though the VIP tickets are a bit too pricey for my liking.
As a side note, the new single "Be lucky", is getting a lot of play over here...And it rocks!
You should be able to give me a run down then Danny, though they've never failed me the times before. Enjoy!!
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
September 2015?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
September 19 2015 at 10:30 to be exact.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
September 19 2015 at 10:30 to be exact.

In that case, I'll be able to give you a rundown, albeit 10 months in advance.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I really enjoyed Daltry singing Tommy. Wasn't sure if he had lost it or not or if they had become nothing more than a novelty act. THEN we went to see Quadraphenia last year at The Joint and the two of them had not lost a step it seemed. Daltry missed a couple of notes, but lets be honest, THEY WERE DALTRY PARTS! The cool part was when they used the video to pull in Keith Moon and John Entwistle. I never saw a video get a standing ovation before but man it was cool the way they brought them in.

Townsend actually nailed his hand on the whammy bar. (A recurring problem he seems to have. I remember in 1989 when they did Tommy he did that as well.) But he can still play darn good. The show was spectacular.

I expect nothing less this time as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16249 Posts

Profile of tommy
Been a long time since I saw them, at a little club called Mothers as I recall. I can't believe they are still standing.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20566 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
If I was placing bets on that in the early 80's I would say they beat the over by a long margin.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Just nabbed tickets to see them myself in Oct (2015). Should be a great show.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I remember seeing their farewell concert on ON TV in '82 or so. LOL.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I remember seeing their farewell concert on ON TV in '82 or so. LOL.

We were just talking about that!

Two things I remember about that tour; First, a local radio DJ (Tim the Rock & Roll Animal) staged one of this towns all time great PR stunts by climbing out on a ledge and staying there for 2+ weeks in an attempt to get the Who to add Milwaukee to the tour schedule. They had never played Milw and since it was (supposedly)going to be their last North American tour he wanted to get them to come to town. And it worked!

http://milwaukeerecord.com/music/tim-roc......ght-who/

Then the TV program thing. I remembered that they were on some sort of closed circuit or PPV tv way back then. And they showed the broadcast, or a copy of the broadcast, on TV's throughout our school. It was a big deal.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I hope you have a good time. I got tickets to see a bunch of people in about two weeks;

http://www.ricomiccon.com/
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Just got tickets to see THE WHO in September at Caesars!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL