The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (192 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
845 Posts

Profile of roblane
I have mine in the wooden box that comes with Ronis' 'Alchemy'. Plenty of room and looks the part.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
This looks incredible.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
My efforts to resist this key have failed. Just ordered, I am really looking forward to the performance manual. Love those BC performance manuals!
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Its a Good one.. Smile You will enjoy..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
And.... I have the performance manual already. Pretty good service Danno! I must admit that I was apprehensive, I mean this is a pretty expensive key. I've been reading for the past half hour and I am happy to report...., no regrets at all. More than I expected, this really is terrific. Can't wait to get it in my hand! Thanks BC.
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
I received mine today. Those who own one, try making it turn while your eyes are close. For me, it seems to highten the sense of control.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
I'm thinking, pass the key around seance table after the tale has been told. As you would expect, nobody can get the key to turn in their hand. The key is returned to the Pandora box from which it was originally retrieved. A few photos and scraps of memorabilia are also in the box. These items lend to the ghost story and perhaps establish some providence.

All sitters place a finger on the closed box and the spirit is called. A scraping sound is felt and heard by all sitters. Its as if the key actually turned over inside the box.

The key is then removed from the box and displayed for examination. As if that wasn't proof enough of paranormal activity, now the key will freely turn over in the medium's hand. And if anyone still doesn't believe, the key will perform in a spectator's hand. The spirits are thanked for their participation and the seance is concluded.
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
I like that.. Very creepy.. Perfect..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Uninvited
View Profile
New user
Chicago
64 Posts

Profile of Uninvited
I received my key a couple of days ago. Its look is spot on! Truly convincing in practice.

Might anyone know what substance is use to darken (age) the key? If I can get it, I need to make the appearance a bit more uniform.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Sent you a PM, Uninvited.
Phasmologist
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Mine just arrived. Absolutely beautiful.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Mine arrived yesterday, amazing craftsmanship and a joy to own. Can I ask the same question as Uninvited regarding the ageing substance please Professor BC?
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Sent you a PM, Bogbadger.
Phasmologist
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Thank you Prof BC for your help and for creating an amazing key, and thanks to those who have PM'd me with some fantastic advice about using my key, especially George Hunter, George you're a perfect example of why I keep coming back to this brilliant forum, expert advice given freely in a friendly way. I started this morning with a quite expensive (beautifully crafted) piece of plain metal in my hand and finished it holding something worth its weight in gold.....Now that's Alchemy
bartleby
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of bartleby
I am going to buy this, aren't I?
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2015, bartleby wrote:
I am going to buy this, aren't I?

I think we both are. Resistance is futile.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
MatCult it does look rather fantastic sitting next to your Conan Doyle Pennies!

Bartleby......no pressure but it will just keep eating away at what remains of your soul until you do the sensible thing....
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Oct 20, 2014, Vic Nadata wrote:
Excellent review Perkins. Exactly what I was going to say. For me the big draw to this version is the turning in the spec's hands. A wonderful idea and perfectly crafted. Well Done BC!

I just ordered this week and can't wait to get it. I have an entire act with the HK which includes the turning in a spectator's hand. I believe this is going to add some unique opportunities for me and my act.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
There's no doubt that this is THE Haunted Key. I have to say that it took a while to get to "know" it...but once I did? Remarkable. Smooth and utterly controllable. I've performed it with children as well as adults and it nearly always inspires expressions of pure wonder that make my heart smile. I love this thing.

I've never had to use the dupe...and doubt I ever will. I see this is a wonderful option for walkabout and the very small Paranormal Parties that I do. Since I'm not presenting a "magic" show, the audience has never once asked to examine the prop. Personally -- I also see the bounce/no bounce option as a little too involved for what I want to do. But the Resurrection Cemetery Key itself? It's one of those "perfect" little props that make performing a joy.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
vianns
View Profile
Regular user
France - Paris
134 Posts

Profile of vianns
I have this key too and I'm very new with HKs.
There's no explanations (if I read correctly) in the performance manual about using a key on a spectator's hand. Is there any resources about this you could tell me about ?

Thank you !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (192 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL