The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (140 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of gostone23
Does the Resurrection Cemetery Gate key come with a routine that works in the spectators hand?

I picked up an old key at antique shop and have my own routine that works. The key I have is small, a little bigger than a regular house key.
I am looking for larger key and a routine to have the key move in the specs hand.
These look brilliant and the reviews are really glowing.

Thanks.

-Robert
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
420 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, PROF BC wrote:
Brief correction: '13 Miller's Court' is also my routine. I published it originally in Steve's book, which is where the confusion probably stems. Thanks sincerely for the kind words.

BC

My apologies, Prof. That makes sense. I was wondering why there was a note before "The Key To Changing You", and not before "13 Miller's Court".

Congratulations, then, on two stunning (and very different) routines!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
It's MR. Darkness
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2014, gostone23 wrote:
Does the Resurrection Cemetery Gate key come with a routine that works in the spectators hand?

This key was designed to work in the spectators hand, that is one reason why it is so novel.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
729 Posts

Profile of roblane
This was on it's way tyo me yesterday, not here yet (Xmas post I guess) but really can't wait to receive it. The routines I have already in pdf form and are truly wonderful! I'm not a worker, but I reckon the routines alone are worth the money to one. So many presentational ideas, love it!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
729 Posts

Profile of roblane
I was lucky enough to receive my key a few days ago. I've bought a lot of good material/props this year and I've been lucky (or maybe older'n' wiser?) in that I feel I've gained a lot out of most that I've received. This is my last purchase of 2014 and must say it's up with the best (maybe the best?!) As I said, the routines are superb, and so, happily, is the key. I'm not a haunted key aficionado by any means, I only have one other, and it's good, with routines from Paul Prager, but this is summat else! I've just witnessed, on my own, the most eerie, creepy, but controlled roll overs ever. Very, very sloooooow, but Oh, so smooth . It took me maybe 3 or 4 attempts only to achieve this result, and I'm confident I'll be able to guide people wistfully to do it. Thanks agian, Prof BC & Dan. People, buy this!
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Jim Magus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of Jim Magus
I have been performing the Haunted Key as a pet effect for three decades, and believe that the Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key is the very best, in both appearance and operation, and completely eliminates the common complaint about the haunted key method being obvious.
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Hi All.. I ordered one too.. Does the key come in any kind of box or holder? It did not say on the website..

Would be cool if it came in a box like the GYRE...
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of spindoc
It comes in a cardboard box, packed in cotton.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1168 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Wow, this key is stunning. I was a bit skeptical about all the stuff like doing it in the spec's hand, smooth turn without a flopover, and not moving unless you want it to, etc--but I stand fully corrected! I haven't yet received the performance manual (it was a Xmas gift from my wife, and the download link had expired) but on mechanics alone it is already a winner. If you have any HK experience at all, this is super easy to use; it was doing what it was designed for even before I consciously tried it. Smooth steady movement from beginning TO END. And when you don't want to turn, it WILL NOT, no matter how hard you or anyone else tries. Hand crafted with precision brilliance by Prof BC. I'm just blown away with this!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
It's MR. Darkness
1456 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Its hard to speak of the key you just have to own it to really get it. I think its the best design and to do it in the specs hand so smoothly, its hard to even believe. Glad you get it. Highly underrated and much appreciated. Lets keep it our secret Smile The only thing I want to do is age it. This is a keeper.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2102 Posts

Profile of RCP
Please look in The Crypt.
Tzaddi93
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Tzaddi93
These now appear to be sold out. Didn't realize they were a limited release.
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Wow you are correct... Smile Prof BC stuff seems to go fast.. There are several sold out things on that site that I wish I had not missed out on.

Glad I got this Key and the Dickens Dopp's... Already saving up for the next Dopps so I can pull the trigger as soon as its out..
Lo Pan
View Profile
Special user
Haven't slept in weeks - but I now have
667 Posts

Profile of Lo Pan
I don't think the key is a limited run, probably just temporally out of stock like outcast dead or haunted inns - fingers crossed!
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
I hope so! I was planning on picking one up, but kept procrastinating.

There's a lesson here somewhere, but I think I'll learn it tomorrow.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:
I don't think the key is a limited run, probably just temporally out of stock like outcast dead or haunted inns - fingers crossed!

Ohhhhhh These are the 2 I was talking about that I was interested in.. Hope you are right..

I thought "Sold Out" means gone forever(Like the Sold Out Dopps).. And "Out of Stock" would mean it will come back in stock.. Maybe Prof BC can tell us hopefully..
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:

Correct. I have some Outcast Dead that I am finishing even now (just a few, 8 I believe) and also the Resurrection Cemetery Gate Keys I will soon be making again. Haunted Inns as well, but sometime later.

You are right that the site probably should ready 'Out of Stock' rather than 'Sold Out'. The Doppelgangers are sold out forever once the sign goes up, these other pieces are actually temporarily out of stock. The challenge, of course, is akin to being a circus plate spinner. Once these items go up it is a race to keep them from falling off the pole, and I fear it is a race I regularly lose.

Thank you for your patience. Outcast Dead in the next few weeks, and probably RC Gate Key, too.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Good to know.. Thanks Prof.. Will keep a watch out..
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5124 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I am continually amazed at the level of service and professionalism BC consistently offers. His superior products and devotion to this craft (and this forum) could in fact, offer him a lot of leeway in the magic community as loyal customers would likely overlook missteps. But that's not good enough for BC. He's better than that. Instead, he continually strives to improve on every level...from product quality to customer service. So rare these days.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Prof BC = Thurston award.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (140 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL