The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (140 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Perkins wrote:
Prof BC = Thurston award.

This ^ How do we make it happen?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, MatCult wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2015, Perkins wrote:
Prof BC = Thurston award.

This ^ How do we make it happen?

Actually, I see how. Voted over on the "Trick of the Year 2014" thread.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
I've got to tell you, my Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key is by far the best key I've handled. I've had the chance to play this in the spectators hand twice now. Their responses have been priceless. With this and Dopps, I'm a believer. Kudos to Prof BC!
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
It's amazing how many in this dark end of the pool have a real fondness for this effect. I recently spent time w/ Ed Carlyle a week or so after receiving Prof BC's Key.
Although Ed's Mental key approach is great for a flat out mentalism approach in the specs hand, Prof BC has a couple of very strong outlines that act as a jump-off to fanciful bizarre places while routining your own performance.
As to the Key itself.. the only one you will ever need for the Bizarre end of the pool.
I am delighted with it.
Cheers
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2015, Gismologic wrote:
It's amazing how many in this dark end of the pool have a real fondness for this effect. I recently spent time w/ Ed Carlyle a week or so after receiving Prof BC's Key.
Although Ed's Mental key approach is great for a flat out mentalism approach in the specs hand, Prof BC has a couple of very strong outlines that act as a jump-off to fanciful bizarre places while routining your own performance.
As to the Key itself.. the only one you will ever need for the Bizarre end of the pool.
I am delighted with it.
Cheers

Could not agree more.. Thanks..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18115 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I am very tempted by this - however, I have one question to ask please..if I were to attach a ribbon to the key and use it as a pendulum, am I upsetting anything to do with the 'werks' at all? thanks...
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Iain, I think the Resurrection Gate Key would delight in this usage.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18115 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Thanks perkins...have ordered one...(plus some fresh ribbon, and some flat leather cord, too)...
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
My pleasure. I think you'll also be glad of that ribbon when you read the performance manual.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3747 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I tend to lurk here in Spooky. Love this forum...but often there's little posted here that I feel able to comment on.

The Haunted Key has been of key interest to me since the Bad Old Magic Days. So, when I saw that Prof BC had come out with one of these, I deliberated for about half a second before I bought mine. Sheree and I recently took a trip and I took only two items with me to learn: Train Tracking and this wonderful key. I loved it. Love it. Perfectly crafted...not a no brainer to use...but well worth the effort.

A resounding success from PBC. A triumph. One of my best purchases last year.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1047 Posts

Profile of reese
How are you going to use it as a mentalist?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2015, reese wrote:

To unlock the mind ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18115 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I started off as a bizarrist...but didn't really know there was a thing called bizarrism...
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3747 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2015, reese wrote:

There are many places where bizarre and more conventional mentalism cross over. I haven't used the key in a mainstage show, because for me, it's not that kind of effect. But it has a perfect place in walkabout and parlor performances where the people are close to it.

I frankly love that moment when the key first starts to move...ever so slightly. It's not unlike the powerful reaction an audience has when the pendulum starts to move in the hands of an audience member. Haunted key is a perfect lead-in to a full pendulum routine.

The mind can do incredible things, you know. Smile

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.magicpendulums.com
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1047 Posts

Profile of reese
Thanks for answering. You are one of my favorite people to read on the Café because of the intelligence of your writing.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3747 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Thank you for saying that, Reese. It's very kind of you.

David

www.magicpendulums.com
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1656 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Reese speaks the truth.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4191 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I agree whole heartedly!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18115 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Dan is waiting on fresh stock of the k.ey, but hopefully this week they'll turn up...

I couldn't help but sing a track by The Smiths when I ordered..

A dreaded summers day
And I'll meet you at the
Cemetery gates
Keates and Yates are on your side
While Wilde is on mine...
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18115 Posts

Profile of IAIN
While I'm waiting for the key, has anyone thought about using something along the lines of a wooden pencil case to hold everything? wouldn't take much to set it up...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key (140 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL