The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New Simon Aronson book (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dafin77
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of dafin77
I just got my copy of *Art Decko*, Simon Aronson's very large and very lovely brand new book of card magic, the first he's published in 13 years. There's already a thread about it in "Shuffled, Not Stirred," but it should be noted here--especially in light of the fact that only a very small fraction of the book is concerned with mem-deck magic. The book is a complete steal at $50 (Simon doesn't write books for the money), and if you get it from Simon's site (www.simonaronson.com), you get four gaffed cards (that the book tells you how to put to use) for free. (Otherwise you can get the gaffs for $10, if the few tricks that use gaffed cards appeal to you.) I'm biased; I wrote the intro and edited the manuscript, but I think a lot of you will love it.
David Finkelstein
dafin77@hotmail.com
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I really wish I had the money for this book! I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about it here. Simon Aronson creates some of magic and mentalism's most powerful effects and I'm especially intrigued by David's remark that very little of this book is devoted to memdeck magic. I have everything else Simon Aronson has published and he has actually created a rather large number of effects that are not dependent on memdecks. Well, maybe I'll save my pennies and buy it for myself for Christmas.

Thank you David for the heads up. You are indeed fortunate to have worked with one of magic's greats! I am jealous. Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
I pre-ordered, but haven't received it yet. Eagerly looking forward to it!
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, landmark wrote:
I pre-ordered, but haven't received it yet. Eagerly looking forward to it!

Landmark, you know I respect you and like you, but at this moment, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits. Smile (That is Vlad being jealous)
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
What if his armpits are clean shaven?
Trini Montes
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, MagicT wrote:
What if his armpits are clean shaven?

Fleas do not discriminate Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
And may the buzzards of Kilimanjaro build a nest in your undershorts. Smile

Received yesterday. Beautiful looking book. Color photos in the end-papers. Will report back later.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I ordered my copy with the gaffs from Simon's website, oh boy, I am excited!
Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
Can someone with the book share their thoughts?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Just got mine today. Will give my first initial thoughts soon enough.
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Got mine the other day. Started reading it from the introduction and even though I told myself to go from page 1 to page 323 I couldn't resist the urge to peek into other chapters.

The one thing that I notice is that after getting into reading this you begin to feel Simon is talking to you directly. Maybe it is just me but I wonder if others who have started reading it have felt that also.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New Simon Aronson book (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL