The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Becoming The Marketing Minded Mentalist (114 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I looked at Giggio a while back. I'm sure it's fine software...but here's the thing: if it's something I base my business on, I want to own it. It's important to me that it be completely under my control all the time. When I was researching this, my understanding was that it was a month by month subscription...which made me feel very uncomfortable. If it belongs to someone else and something happens to it? Oi!

Understand that I'm not dissing the software or the company that makes it. Not at all. To be honest, I don't know a great deal about Giggio because my research stopped when I realized that I couldn't own it.

Here's the thing with client contact software: for my purposes it needs to satisfy only TWO basic things:

1) It needs to help be keep track of the clients I'm working with. I want a snapshot of each relationship: what I've discussed with them, where we're at in terms of the next show...and what materials I've already sent.

2) It needs to tell me when I need to be in contact with them again, since my database is sorted by the "follow up date."

That's it. I don't need to mass email out to hundreds (thousands?)of potential customers. I just need to take care of the existing people I'm building a relationship with and take good care of them. Sending impersonal emails out would run counter to my goal of dealing personally with people.

I've played around with several options...but I have yet to see something that is as simple to run as what I'm using...clunky though it may feel at times. Keep in mind that I'm getting old, set in my ways and I don't much like the notion of hopping onto another learning curve. Smile

Again -- I'm not trying to run down other options...just saying that I will be delighted when I find a way to synch my Access Database seamlessly with my iPad and iPhone.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Becoming The Marketing Minded Mentalist (114 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL