The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfect by Mark Mason (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
A regular deck of 52 cards are shown. There are no extra cards, there are no repeating sequences etc. 

The deck is spread face down, a card is removed and placed to one side. 

The cards are dealt one at a time onto the table or into a spectators hand. They can stop on any card!! 

The card they stop on is placed with the other removed card. These two cards are turned face up they are a matching pair i.e. the 7 of hearts and 7 of diamonds. 

There are no switches of any kind. 

The cleanest handling of this effect you will ever see.

EASY TO DO, RESETS IN SECONDS

PERFECT COMES WITH ALL THE SPECIAL GIMMICKS

Printed on Bicycle Rider back stock, by USPCC.

A step by step instructional DVD featuring Mark, guarantees you will have this routine down in minutes.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION.

"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
This trick has been out for quite some time... I'd rather just perform Gemini Twins and not have to use any gimmicks.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On Oct 21, 2014, Steven Conner wrote:
A regular deck of 52 cards are shown. There are no extra cards, there are no repeating sequences etc. 

The deck is spread face down, a card is removed and placed to one side. 

The cards are dealt one at a time onto the table or into a spectators hand. They can stop on any card!! 

The card they stop on is placed with the other removed card. These two cards are turned face up they are a matching pair i.e. the 7 of hearts and 7 of diamonds. 

There are no switches of any kind. 

The cleanest handling of this effect you will ever see.

EASY TO DO, RESETS IN SECONDS

PERFECT COMES WITH ALL THE SPECIAL GIMMICKS

Printed on Bicycle Rider back stock, by USPCC.

A step by step instructional DVD featuring Mark, guarantees you will have this routine down in minutes.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION.

this sounds good but not new to me. I love mark's releases, but this one seems to be the same as the one using a glass. I've done
the effect years back and it kills.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
No, it's different.

Guess again Rasmus.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Grampa Wizard
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Grampa Wizard
I don't have this, and it does look good indeed. But I did just get Caswell's Identical (Alakazam dwld) which has a similar reveal (though I have no idea if the same principle might be involved -- I don't think so). Anyway, what I like about Identical is that the deck looks so completely scrambled & chaotic (red/blue backs) which makes it seem more impossible and takes spec's mind away from what the method might be. Problem with Identical is that it involves more dealing and piling. Mason's is more simple and direct and you get to the finish quickly and efficiently. I'm tempted to get Perfect just to see what's going on . . .
MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
It is a Cool Box Deal at the moment. I love Mark' s stuff but as you can not hand out the deck, this is not for me
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
You cannot hand out the deck but the routine displays the cards in different ways which helps not to draw attention toward it. Personally I prefer the Master Mind deck as this effect could be performed with it in addition to many others.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
C.J.Magic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of C.J.Magic
Perfect is a marvelous trick to demonstrate in a magic shop for beginners. Perfect is a marvelous trick to video demonstrate for beginners.

When they get the product and look at it, they will give the classic "What the…."? If they perform it, it will be for friends who will most likely not follow the directions, or who will want to see the deck. It will then go in the drawer.

It's not a strong enough card magic trick to warrant it being that heavily gaffed ( even though a talented performer like David Regal could make it a great trick at the Castle ). That's the biggest issue with it. You have to be a seasoned magician and grasp audience management and know how to create theater. The instructions won't teach that.

It's $20-$30, depending on where you buy it. It's money best spent on a book.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
I just don't care for the "inexact" matching with the twin card. That's one reason I would never perform one of the routines with Mike Kirby's X-Act. You might only hit with the "twin" prediction, not the exact match.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, DelMagic wrote:
I just don't care for the "inexact" matching with the twin card. That's one reason I would never perform one of the routines with Mike Kirby's X-Act. You might only hit with the "twin" prediction, not the exact match.

X-Act is an exact match in the primary routine I believe... but for Perfect, I believe you don't have to find the "twin" or "mate" card. Your prediction can be an exact match from another deck (e.g. have a blue backed card as your prediction if you use Perfect with a red deck).
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
This is a good effect but I don't care for the one off principle I want the card they stop on to be the selection not the next card so these kind of effects that only work 50 % of the time spot on are not for me .
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Kirby's X-Act will produce an exact match to the card at the number chosen, EVERY TIME. With a small modification, you can even show both cards face down and have the spectator turn over both at the same time. For the record...

Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, DelMagic wrote:
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I have Perfect and don't care for the reset when table hopping. I much prefer Peter Nardi's Knock'em Dead 2. Just my 2 cents.
C.J.Magic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of C.J.Magic
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2015, Paul Rathbun wrote:
I have Perfect and don't care for the reset when table hopping. I much prefer Peter Nardi's Knock'em Dead 2. Just my 2 cents.

I concur!
NebA
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NebA
Hey since you mentioned Knock 'em Dead 2, does anyone have an opinion on Knock 'em Dead 2 vs. Future Zone by Mark Mason? I was considering both since they seem very similar. Thanks in advance.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
NebA,

Having owned both, I think Knock'em Dead 2 is more commercial. I thought the wallet that came with Future Zone seemed cheaply made to me.
C.J.Magic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of C.J.Magic
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2015, Paul Rathbun wrote:
NebA,

Having owned both, I think Knock'em Dead 2 is more commercial. I thought the wallet that came with Future Zone seemed cheaply made to me.

Paul, when did you buy Future Zone? When it was first released over a decade ago, it came with a beautiful leather wallet. Perhaps they cut costs when it came out on dvd.

I think a better choice is Mark Strivings version of the 5 Star Miracle.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
C.J. Magic,

Can't remember how long ago I owned it, but if memory serves me correctly, looking at it from the end you could see that it was obviously a *-fold wallet.

I have perfect and at first thought it was good. However you are limited in how far they can go (when they are told to say stop). If you get a difficult spectator you can get hosed. I think Knock'em dead 2 had a similar issue, but with the cards being normal it was easy to add to the deck as I saw fit. I don't know if I have used Perfect since buying Knock'em dead 2 as like I mentioned, the reset on Perfect is a bit annoying for table hopping and it is almost an instant reset for Knock'em dead 2.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Agree that Knock Em Dead II is the best of the bunch for this type of effect, though I applaud the thinking behind Perfect as its clever.

The wallet that comes with Future Zone is actually pretty good though... I use it for other effects.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
NebA
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NebA
Okay, thanks to all of you for your help!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Perfect by Mark Mason (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL