The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Bandwagon hypnotist here (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

slipperyfish10
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of slipperyfish10
Hi all, I began my interest in 'hypnosis' by watching Derren Brown. I quickly got swept into the mysticism that is 'hypnosis'. I really wanted to learn it within about a month. I quickly learned that was never going to happen (thanks to a few people here). So here is my question carefully re-worded so as to not cause confusion.

What are some books/resources that could give me some knowledge and insight into 'suggestibility'(street magic hypnosis, usually involving sticking someones hand to their head). I am going to purchase reality is plastic as that seems a beginner oriented book into the world of hypnosis. Also any general advice into my long and probably treacherous journey into becoming a hypnotist.
If possible I would like to take this full time but as many others say I do not have enough money for classes.

Regards
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Start with Anthony Jacquin, James Tripp and Reg Blackwood. And don't make the mistake of reading too much. Hypnosis is learned through doing it.
slipperyfish10
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

In your opinion how my reading is too much. Obviously I don't want to create a flawed basis for the future so I'm probably being over cautious.

Regards
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10135 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
My advice is to hold off until you have the time and money to commit to do it properly. Either learn hypnosis properly or choose to play with pretend or pseudo hypnosis, but the self-taught approach has many flaws and lack of credibility to the industry and to those you are hypnotizing.
slipperyfish10
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Mindpro I definitely do not intend on doing this alone i.e without a real life course but I, like many others do not have enough money. Not to mention I can't actually find a hypnosis course/lecture near me. There is only hypnotherapy. The hypnotherapy courses are much too much for me to handle. There is a possibility that I will go to a course soon (providing I find one) but I can definitely not do the hypnotherapy courses.

Regards
slipperyfish10
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Sorry for the above weird sentence structure I had a mental moment.

Regards
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
241 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:
Start with Anthony Jacquin, James Tripp and Reg Blackwood. And don't make the mistake of reading too much. Hypnosis is learned through doing it.

I'll second this thought. Head Hacking products are wonderful. I'd strongly recommend "The Trilby Connection." I also have "Reality is Plastic," but with "Trilby.." you get to follow along on-screen with another student as she progresses and learns the process.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Bandwagon hypnotist here (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL