The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Gimmicks (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Does anybody on this forum know of a place that carries Jumbo gimmicked Bikes? By gimmicked, I'm talking about blank faced cards, double facers, double backers, etc.,. That is to say, the same gaffs you can get in normal sized Bikes, only gaffed.

I'm asking because I have some killer ideas on effects I would like to make with the Jumbo cards.

On the same topic, I once saw Copperfield do the Brainwave deck using a jumbo deck, so my hopes are up that they are out there somewhere.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Caruthias
View Profile
New user
Ottawa, Ontario
67 Posts

Profile of Caruthias
You can make and ID and Brainwave Deck with roughing fluid...

As for the others...
-double backs don't need jumbo index
-blank faces don't need jumbo index
-blank both sides don't need jumbo index

-double facers do
-blank backs do
-weird facers do

Sorry for posting that list, it was more for my advantage.

I would enquire with Martin from Cards By Martin. Depending on the gimmick he could probably make what you want for you.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Caruthias, I think daffydoug means jumbo sized cards, not jumbo index bikes.

Daffy, I have not seen gaffed jumbo size cards for sale anywhere but I have had them made. If the situation permits and thicker cards are a suitable option you can always rubber cement them together. I have never tried peeling them like I have poker bikes so I don't know whether that would work.
Sent from my Typewriter
Sk8rDave
View Profile
Regular user
California
189 Posts

Profile of Sk8rDave
Check this out http://www.cardsbymartin.com/

I'm pretty surre he'll make the gaffs for you if he doesn't already stock them.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Daffydoug,

Haines House of Cards has been the supplier of all gimmicked card tricks for over 50 years. They supply most all magicians and dealers in the World.

http://www.haineshoc.com/

They should be able to help you.

Bill Smile Smile
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
I have a jumbo sized parade of the queens and that is gimmicked in the way that there are double Backed cards within the trick
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2004-01-27 01:19, mvmagic wrote:
Caruthias, I think daffydoug means jumbo sized cards, not jumbo index bikes.

Daffy, I have not seen gaffed jumbo size cards for sale anywhere but I have had them made. If the situation permits and thicker cards are a suitable option you can always rubber cement them together. I have never tried peeling them like I have poker bikes so I don't know whether that would work.

You've hit the nail right on the head. I'm sure I could glue them together, but the thickness of the resulting card would be a dead giveaway, and would make false counts raelly dificult. Also, I have peeled hundreds of regular size Bikes over the years to make my own double facers, double backers, etc., but I suspect the jumbo bikes won't take to well to peeling.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Gimmicks (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL