The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another School Shooting today (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5020 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Why are you so fixated on teenaged sex?


I guess I have to spell it out for you. "r-e-p-e-r-c-u-s-s-i-o-n-s". Hope that explains it better.

Because of the "repercussions" it can cause.

The repercussions are precisely what the pill and condoms seek to ameliorate. If you are worried about the repercussions, why would you be against them then?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I actually believe he means the social repercussions and such. But you knew that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Why are you so fixated on teenaged sex?



I was obsessed with it from the time I was about 13 until I was almost 20. Then not so much.


Definitely in the running for best post of the year. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Why are you so fixated on teenaged sex?


I guess I have to spell it out for you. "r-e-p-e-r-c-u-s-s-i-o-n-s". Hope that explains it better.

Because of the "repercussions" it can cause.

The repercussions are precisely what the pill and condoms seek to ameliorate. If you are worried about the repercussions, why would you be against them then?


There are other repercussions other than pregnancy. Ever hear of restraint, or morals? Tried to put emotional trama and feelings into the picture, but you do not understand. Forget it. This is going no where.

REALLY? If you do not know where I am coming from I cannot explain it to you. Sorry.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2772 Posts

Profile of lunatik
It's called willful ignorance. As for Bob, he's just trying to make you sound like a perv that's interested in teen sex but in fact, Bob just has no real answer as we all can see. Just let these kids do what they want!!! Derpty durrr!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Don't be silly, Lunatik. You really don't see the irony in the fact that aces is more concerned with teenagers access to birth control pills than he is with the easy access this one had to a forty caliber handgun?

He hasn't expressed any problem at all with the latter.


Yep- Just let these kids do what they want!!! Bang bang!!
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2772 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I'm not sure if he's more concerned about teen sex, but may think that it's an issue that ties into the other? I may be wrong though.

I'm still in favor of caning, I think that it would drive crime down into the single digits. Just a side rant : P
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I love how acesover has distorted the topic of the thread completely and appears to be blaming easy access to birth control for the shooting, while never once asking (or apparently even caring) about how this teenager got the gun he used to murder fellow students, including his own cousin.

He constantly points out that guns are simply inanimate objects and shouldn't be blamed for anything.

Guess what? Pills are inanimate objects too, but that doesn't stop him from blaming them for immorality.

Can we please get this thread back on topic. If aces wants to obsess about teen sex and birth control he should start a separate thread as they have nothing to do with this one.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5020 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Why are you so fixated on teenaged sex?


I guess I have to spell it out for you. "r-e-p-e-r-c-u-s-s-i-o-n-s". Hope that explains it better.

Because of the "repercussions" it can cause.

The repercussions are precisely what the pill and condoms seek to ameliorate. If you are worried about the repercussions, why would you be against them then?


There are other repercussions other than pregnancy. Ever hear of restraint, or morals? Tried to put emotional trama and feelings into the picture, but you do not understand. Forget it. This is going no where.

REALLY? If you do not know where I am coming from I cannot explain it to you. Sorry.


Well, since I had my first serious and sexual relationship as a teen, I think I well understand. I'll bet many others here (most?) on this board could say the same. Dealing with one's emotions in such a relationship is a part of growing up. I think not to acknowledge that is willful ignorance on lunatik's part. We do best by acknowledging and educating, teaching the range of choices available, not denying.

And I'll repeat the question: since pregnancy is a major repercussion of such relationships, why would you be against teaching the proper use of birth control?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20542 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:

Yep- Just let these kids do what they want!!! Bang bang!!


"Bang Bang". Bonnie and Clyde mixed guns and sex and loom what happened!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-cf6wLEbU

Unfortunate the best part of the movie was that song.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, acesover wrote:
I hope I made myself clear on the subject of teen sex. It is playing with fire, and the condoning of it by passing out condoms and day after pills at schools sends mixed messages to already confused teens. And please don't tell me that the passing out of said materials is not condoning it. If not what is it doing? What message is it sending? That is why I am concerned. Your views may differ and that is fine.


A lot of teen drivers like to drive fast. Do you think that putting air bags in cars is condoning speeding? Maybe we should disable or remove air bags from cars so that young drivers won't be tempted to drive fast. After all, we're sending mixed messages when we try to make cars more invulnerable to the consequences of bad driving.

Anyway, I would rather live in a society that has perhaps slightly more teens engaging in (SAFE/PROTECTED) sex resulting in a drastic reduction in unwanted pregnancies/abortions, than a society where teen sexual activity may be down, but with many unwanted pregnancies/abortions as a result of the lack of access to birth control. How about you?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5020 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:

Yep- Just let these kids do what they want!!! Bang bang!!


"Bang Bang". Bonnie and Clyde mixed guns and sex and loom what happened!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-cf6wLEbU

Unfortunate the best part of the movie was that song.

I thought I was the only one who thought that about B&C. I never understood the accolades for it.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Totally overrated, IMO. Critics were so blown away by how different it was that they mistakenly assumed that it must be good. It was the Jane's Addiction of movies.

That being said, it wasn't totally without bright spots. IMO, the best things about it were Estelle Parsons and Michael J. Pollard.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
As knowledge can be used for good or evil so a world without secrets is one which full of good and evil. In my society a father hides his gun especially from his innocent children who are such because they know not. Ignorance is bliss as they say. Anyway my advice is, if you have gun, at least keep it locked up in a dark cabinet as opposed to leaving laying about where children can .pick it up and so on.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I love how acesover has distorted the topic of the thread completely and appears to be blaming easy access to birth control for the shooting, while never once asking (or apparently even caring) about how this teenager got the gun he used to murder fellow students, including his own cousin.

He constantly points out that guns are simply inanimate objects and shouldn't be blamed for anything.

Guess what? Pills are inanimate objects too, but that doesn't stop him from blaming them for immorality.

Can we please get this thread back on topic. If aces wants to obsess about teen sex and birth control he should start a separate thread as they have nothing to do with this one.


Seriously Bob. If you do not have an answer of how to keep weapons out of the hands of the perpetrators please refraim from your rhetoric. Yes rhetoric. It is the same thing over and over again from you. Focus on what I posted not on what you want to say and twist what other people say. If that is all lawyers function no wonder many despise them. Of course when they need one that is a different story. However many lawyers consider and use the facts presented not something they pull out of the air and try and alter what has really been said and meant. But when they have no other means I guess they stoop there and use that tactic. Stop being one of them it is beneath you.

By the way your statement is really Asinine which follows. "Guess what? Pills are inanimate objects too, but that doesn't stop him from blaming them for immorality". They did not obtain the pills illegally they were passed out like candy at school by supposedly trusted and all knowing adults. When theydo that with firearms let me know and I will jump on your band wagon. Until then apples and oranges. Big difference and if you cannot see that than I really feel sorry for you. Of course I know you see it but again you just twist it. There is a surprise.

I can understand your statement of wanting to get the thread back on topic...but it never really went off topic but it did go in a direction of said topic that you cannot defend. So again I understand your statement. Smile Nice try and dodge.


By the way however the teen got his hands on the weapon was illicit so I guess you are asking me how to prevent crime. Well if I could do that I would be considered a god and respected by just about everyone but lawyers. Reason, without crime no real need for lawyers.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Oct 26, 2014, R.S. wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2014, acesover wrote:
I hope I made myself clear on the subject of teen sex. It is playing with fire, and the condoning of it by passing out condoms and day after pills at schools sends mixed messages to already confused teens. And please don't tell me that the passing out of said materials is not condoning it. If not what is it doing? What message is it sending? That is why I am concerned. Your views may differ and that is fine.


A lot of teen drivers like to drive fast. Do you think that putting air bags in cars is condoning speeding? Maybe we should disable or remove air bags from cars so that young drivers won't be tempted to drive fast. After all, we're sending mixed messages when we try to make cars more invulnerable to the consequences of bad driving.

Anyway, I would rather live in a society that has perhaps slightly more teens engaging in (SAFE/PROTECTED) sex resulting in a drastic reduction in unwanted pregnancies/abortions, than a society where teen sexual activity may be down, but with many unwanted pregnancies/abortions as a result of the lack of access to birth control. How about you?

Ron


Air bags were not put there for teens per say. They were put there for everyone. I do no think you have the option of having an airbag in your car. I believe air bags have been mandatory for ALL cars since around 1998 or earlier and not just for teen drivers. So your analogy is really not very valid or sensible. But go ahead and have fun with it.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
I guess guns that shot pills would be fun.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Anyway, I would rather live in a society that has perhaps slightly more teens engaging in (SAFE/PROTECTED) sex resulting in a drastic reduction in unwanted pregnancies/abortions, than a society where teen sexual activity may be down, but with many unwanted pregnancies/abortions as a result of the lack of access to birth control. How about you?


To answer your question. I would rather live in a society where there were better morals taught along with restraint, and not if it feels good do it mentality. How about you? Also a crime free society and a disease free world and no hunger. How about you? And no I do not see more teens having sex as a good thing no matter how you try and sugar coat it. Is it going to stop? Of course not. But lets not condone it. Jeez...

Also I am missing how you say unwanted abortions. No one is forcing anyone to have one. Most are done for the supposed benefit and desire of the would be mother. Get rid of the child because it interfers with my uninhibited life style. I want to be free...kill the unborn child. whee.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Had a relaxing day. A little chilly but went to my firing range and shot 200 rounds and had a good time and later dinner with friends. What made my day was I hit a 5" metal plate at 50 yards 5 out of 10 shots with my Gen 4 Glock 17, 9mm.

Even though many here probably believe my guns were broke because they did not kill anyone. Because they say, and I quote them here. Guns were made to kill and nothing else. I think I will leave them how they are. I really do not believe they are broke. But thanks for your insight. Again I had a relaxing day with friends.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Just to clarify my above post on, Oct 26, 2014 09:12 pm .

This is what R S posted:

Anyway, I would rather live in a society that has perhaps slightly more teens engaging in (SAFE/PROTECTED) sex resulting in a drastic reduction in unwanted pregnancies/abortions, than a society where teen sexual activity may be down, but with many unwanted pregnancies/abortions as a result of the lack of access to birth control. How about you?


This was my response:


To answer your question. I would rather live in a society where there were better morals taught along with restraint, and not if it feels good do it mentality. How about you? Also a crime free society and a disease free world and no hunger. How about you? And no I do not see more teens having sex as a good thing no matter how you try and sugar coat it. Is it going to stop? Of course not. But lets not condone it. Jeez...

Also I am missing how you say unwanted abortions. No one is forcing anyone to have one. Most are done for the supposed benefit and desire of the would be mother. Get rid of the child because it interfers with my uninhibited life style. I want to be free...kill the unborn child. whee.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another School Shooting today (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL