The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another School Shooting today (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, acesover wrote:
But promoting sex for teens just as long as it is safe is inherently wrong.

Very True! We live in a morally declining world. sad......

Yes, I agree.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Morality is taught at home by family. Landmark is speaking about teachers. Apples and hand grenades.

You will never come to anything resembling agreement as you are talking two different agendas.

Yes, I agree.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, R.S. wrote:
SURPRISE! FREE BIRTH CONTROL AND SEX EDUCATION SLASH RATES OF TEEN PREGNANCY AND ABORTION:
http://www.healthline.com/health-news/fr......s-100114

Teens who were educated about methods of birth control and who received free contraception were significantly less likely to get pregnant or to get an abortion compared to other SEXUALLY ACTIVE TEENS

So, sexually active teens given free contraceptives are less likely to get pregnant than sexually active teens NOT given free contraceptives.

Wow. That IS a big surprise! Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Yes, obvious, yet public policy is not always in line with the obvious. For example, in Utah can sexually active teens buy birth control products off the shelf without going through a pharmacist?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Congratulations to acesover, for completely diverting this thread. The original question was how the shooter had easy access to a forty caliber handgun. So, not wanting to confront that very real, and deadly, problem, he changed to topic to his obsession with birth control and teen age sex.

Well done.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Actually, the original post didn't ask a question at all; it posted a link to the story, and a couple of people offered RIP type responses. Then we had a snarky anti-Second-Amendment post, and a few posts later you tried to divert the thread from "This happened" to a question of access (which, admittedly, is much more relevant to the story than birth control is).

Access doesn't appear to be much of a mystery, IMO. The gun was his father's, so I'd say he had access because it was stored negligently. Res ipsa loquitur. That will always be a possibility.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I'm sorry that I diverted the thread to a topic that was actually relevant to the OP, Lobo.

Here's another relevant diversion- If, in fact, the firearm was negligently stored, it seems to me that the father should face criminal or at least civil liability for the outcome of his negligence.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2771 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Congratulations to acesover, for completely diverting this thread. The original question was how the shooter had easy access to a forty caliber handgun. So, not wanting to confront that very real, and deadly, problem, he changed to topic to his obsession with birth control and teen age sex.

Well done.

I'd say that MOST threads move onto different topics and at some point move back to the original topic at hand. It takes at least 2 to tango and there's more than enough willing participants on both sides!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
I'm sorry that I diverted the thread to a topic that was actually relevant to the OP, Lobo.

Here's another relevant diversion- If, in fact, the firearm was negligently stored, it seems to me that the father should face criminal or at least civil liability for the outcome of his negligence.

Well not al teens want to go shoot the heck out of their peers unless they have a reason..So I believe the reason this thread took a bit of a turn was because of the article that said the shooting possibly involved a girl. Then it progressed into teen sex and responsibility. Sorry you missed the connection. Pay attention Robert and stop googling or whatever you do, or stand in the corner.

Again I believe it was explained the gun was his fathers. Wow how could he possibly get to that gun? Lets see now he is a teen...here we go...we should lock up the guns but pass out the condoms. Just had to say that. If you want to blame the father go ahead. however what irf it was ini a safe and he found the combinationin his fathers wallet and opened the safe? Still blame the father? Where does it end?

We write laws on the books. Guess what. Criminals break them. If he wanted a gun he would get it one way or another whether it was easy or hard.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Lets see now he is a teen...here we go...we should lock up the guns but pass out the condoms.

I've got a couple of teenage neighbor kids across the street. Call me weird, but yes, I'd rather they have condoms than guns.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Acesover-

Now you're obsessing about me "googling" or "whatever else I do?" (Unlike you, I do read and research things rather than relying solely on my own preconceived beliefs and prejudices.)

Guess what? The boy wasn't a criminal UNTIL AFTER he used his father's negligently stored weapon. Why do you refuse to address that point rather than focusing on inanimate objects like pills and condoms?

You really are trying to avoid the real issue here, aren't you? Why?

Now go get your shine box. Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Well, have to say that I don't regret helping to divert this thread. Thought it would be more interesting to discuss something we haven't discussed ad nauseum before.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5017 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
Lets see now he is a teen...here we go...we should lock up the guns but pass out the condoms.

I've got a couple of teenage neighbor kids across the street. Call me weird, but yes, I'd rather they have condoms than guns.

"Because People Don't Kill Bullets, Condoms Kill Bullets."
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Acesover-

Now you're obsessing about me "googling" or "whatever else I do?" (Unlike you, I do read and research things rather than relying solely on my own preconceived beliefs and prejudices.)

Guess what? The boy wasn't a criminal UNTIL AFTER he used his father's negligently stored weapon. Why do you refuse to address that point rather than focusing on inanimate objects like pills and condoms?

No one is a criminal till they get caught.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

"Because People Don't Kill Bullets, Condoms Kill Bullets."

If you put your bullets in a condom and try to load them they won't work. So I guess condoms can save lives.

See! I am not hard to get along with. I understand your reasoning.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Acesover-

I followed your post and was about to agree when you stated "beliefs". But you ruined it when you included "prejudices". You always have to ruin everything. Smile Go stand in the corner until you learn how to interact with the other children. Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

LOL!

So, again, why are you trying to avoid the real issue here?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20537 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:
Acesover-

No one is a criminal till they get caught.

Is a criminal not one who commits a crime? Getting caught just makes you not really good at it is all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Acesover- What prior crimes had this boy committed?
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2014, landmark wrote:
Yes, obvious, yet public policy is not always in line with the obvious. For example, in Utah can sexually active teens buy birth control products off the shelf without going through a pharmacist?

yes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another School Shooting today (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL