The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » One Handed Fan Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pryopenur3rdeye
View Profile
New user
PA
7 Posts

Profile of pryopenur3rdeye
Hey i think that the one handed fan is an awesome looking effect that makes your expertice increases in the audience's eye. Unfortunately I can't seem to find it anywhere online, i suppose i will pay money if i need to but is there any sites out there that you guys know about? If not, what books or movies do you reccomend? and what do u think about the fan...
with lots of questions-
ryan Smile
r4bid
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of r4bid
Do you mean a split fan (fanning half the deck in each hand) or a full deck fan using only one hand?
Either way check out Jeff McBrides Art of card manip series, both are featured in addition to a whole lot more.
Hannes
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Hannes
Hi,

there is a discription of the one hand fan in "the royal road to card magic". I also found one in the card college of giobbi.
if there exist an online resource, i don't know - long time there was a site calles card flourishes, but it doesn't exist any more...

Hannes
Hannes
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Hannes
Hi,
i surfed through the net and found a clip at the moment:
http://www.wahlers.co.uk/sleights.html
greetings
Hannes
pryopenur3rdeye
View Profile
New user
PA
7 Posts

Profile of pryopenur3rdeye
A split fan will be great if you could give me some help with that------thanks for all the replies this site is great Smile
flourish dude
View Profile
Inner circle
from ? But I know where I am going!
1195 Posts

Profile of flourish dude
Check this site out and see if it helps.

http://www.miracleplay.hpg.ig.com.br/mpterms.htm
Nothing of the same will bring any change, take action today!
Just taking a step, is a step in the right direction because when you stop working, your dream dies.
www.magicalmemories.us
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
nice sites! thanks for posting them...
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Alexander
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Alexander
There is a great book called Card Fantasies
by Edward Love.
It has all the fans you need.Including the one hand fans. I do the one hand reverse fan pretending to attach a hair and pulling the fan with it.
The problem is that it is a hard book to obtain. Great one hand cuts in it that I use to this day.
I saw Edward Love do a lecture once and asked him to do something in his book. Naturally he couldn't do it. I was quite disillusioned.
Same thing with Peter Warlock. I asked him to explain a trick in his book. He didn't know what I was talking about.
Paul Clive wrote one of the greatest books on self working card tricks ever. A classic in fact. Card Tricks Without Skill. He refused to perform anything out of his book.
This puzzled me until I asked one of his friends about it. He said "I've known Paul Clive for about 30 years. I've never seen him do a card trick in his life. I don't think he can do a single trick in that book"
There we are. Just being cynical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » One Handed Fan Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.35 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL