The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Andreu's MindSight (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of E.E.
I received a copy of the book a few days ago, and a have to say... It's amazing.

I would never thought that the method was that ordinary, yet that hard and simple at the same time.
And more than a method, it's a principle, that will allow you to achieve incredible miracles with no props at all (when you have learned it well.)

Here are my thoughts on each part of the book.

Part I - DMM (Direct Mindreading Masterpiece)

Effect: The spectator think of one word/object out of nearly forty, and by asking him Four yes/no questions (that are never answered verbally) the mentalist is able to know exactly what the spectator is thinking.

This is the main effect that you will learn, and it comes with Nine differet approaches, that I think you will find very useful!
As the title says, this is the masterpiece.
And yes, it can be done impromptu.

Part II - Real E.S.P.

Effect: The mentalist show 5 ESP cards (They can be drawn, or simply mentioned) the spectator mentally chooses one, there are no forces involved.
The mentalist ask two questions to the participant (that are never aswered verbally) and the mentalist is able to know exactly what symbol she has in mind.
Also, there's nothing written down.

This is a very interesing approach to use the zener cards and give an impromptu demonstration of E.S.P.
I personally liked this effect very much, is simple and direct.

Part III - Senti-mental

Effect: The mentalist mentions that there are many emotions, like Love, Happiness, Hate, and others... the participant think of an emotion that he actually felt a few days ago; And the mentalist is able to determine the exact emotion the he is thinking.
Again, there's nothing written down.

This one is a very good effect, that allows you to connect with the participant in a very emocional way.
This is perfect to use along with cold reading to make it even more powerful. You know.

Part IV - Secreto Arcano

Effect: The entire audience is asked to close their eyes as they start to think about the propierties of their own zodiac sign.
The mentalist then invites a participant at random to come up stage.
He asks the participant one question (that is never answered verbally) and the mentalist is able to call out loud her zodiac sign, almost immediately.

Secreto Arcano makes the perfect opener for your show, as it involves all the audience at first, and then focuses on one person; It's a major effect.
And it has this mystical atmosphere related to the zodiac signs.

The book ends with some words of the autor about mentalism, and how lay people perceive it.

In my opinion this is a very good book that it's worth having. You will find stuff that it is completely new from what you are used to see, and this is the kind of mentalism that we need nowadays.

-Ever
I shall see you on the other side.
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
This is genius!

Mindblowingly,
Charles
Relick666
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Relick666
Thanks for your review Ever!

It's great to know you enjoyed MindSight, sure, it may not have 100 effects like a lot of Mentalism books out there but I'm a fan of quality vs. quantity.

Btw, I will be sending a free copy of MindSight soon folks! Smile

More news will follow up soon, best regards.

Happy Halloween,

Andreu.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Andreu's MindSight (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL