The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sympathetic 10 - Joerg Alexander (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
I have this somewhere in my collection. I don't know where but it's somewhere.

Eric Mead is awesome.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5597 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, John C wrote:
I have this somewhere in my collection. I don't know where but it's somewhere.

Eric Mead is awesome.

J


Please find it and tell us how does it compare to the new release. Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
271 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, dj wrote:
Jörg Alexander is a well known magician in Germany.
Jörg Alexader's Smpatetic 10 is a brilliant.


And his Ace Assembly routine exactly like this:
http://vimeo.com/97311307


Ohhh yes, this is brilliant too. I can highly recommend all of his books. Very clever and very good routines and effects.
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, John C wrote:
I have this somewhere in my collection. I don't know where but it's somewhere.

Eric Mead is awesome.

J


Please find it and tell us how does it compare to the new release. Smile Smile

Smile


From what I recall mine is similar if not exact like Eric mead version.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, ABK-Magic wrote:
It comes with everything that you need, you only need the glases a deck of cards and a silk.

Actually card-shark will include two decks of phoenix cards Smile

This is a real killer! Everything is thought out so well, you will smile watching the explanation and you'll want to try it out instantly.

Nico
www.balconyproductions.com
Be Creative. Be Unique.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5597 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2014, parkrocker wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2014, ABK-Magic wrote:

It comes with everything that you need, you only need the glases a deck of cards and a silk.


Actually card-shark will include two decks of phoenix cards Smile

This is a real killer! Everything is thought out so well, you will smile watching the explanation and you'll want to try it out instantly.


This sounds good.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Old Guy
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Old Guy
Card-Shark price is $49 US looks like only for one deck. FYI - that's a "Black Friday Special" ends 11/29 (Saturday) at midnight. $20 off for orders over $100 promotioncode "BlackFriday" - thanks for posting reviews. based on your reviews I'm planing on ordering it. If it comes with two decks, I'll up date my post.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1181 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Yes, it comes with two decks of cards and the gimmicks. No other cards are needed. All you need are two wine glasses and a silk?

If you are not using wine glasses, you would be crazy, as you would take away the third dimension of the display.

Henry Evans just bought this effect from me last weekend (two btw, as he - like most pros - buys two of the same trick, when he really wants to put it into his repertoire), and he called it a "vertical effect", what makes it VERY strong and well suited for any audience size.

Guys, I tell you the truth: exactly ten years ago I started doing magic. As an amateur magician. I bought a lot of effects from dealers that sounded amazing and I paid my "education fee", to find out that the tricks I bought did not hold what they promised. I still know this feeling VERY well. And I hated it. I hate it that it still happens around the world. I hate that 80 % of all magic releases popping up have flaws that make them useless, hard to perform or not suitable for the magician who purchased the effect. You will NEVER EVER have this problem when you purchase a Card-Shark effect. Promised. 100 %.

I give you my word for EVERY single release that you will LOVE what you get. That you will NEVER have the feeling to receive an overpriced product. That you NEVER will be dissatisfied with the method used, the props provided or any other bad experience that we all know from past purchases in Magic.

When you meet me at conventions, you will find out that I am a very honest person. I will show you the method used, the necessary cautions to perform an effect etc. I love every effect as my brain child. I want to give it in good hands. Not in full magic drawers. There is already enough clutter around. Get rid of it. Get out. Do great magic. The Sympathetic Ten is definitely an effect that you will add to your show, and you will see that it has the potential to be your closer effect.
Image

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3049 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2014, Card-Shark wrote:
Yes, it comes with two decks of cards and the gimmicks. No other cards are needed. All you need are two wine glasses and a silk?

If you are not using wine glasses, you would be crazy, as you would take away the third dimension of the display.

Henry Evans just bought this effect from me last weekend (two btw, as he - like most pros - buys two of the same trick, when he really wants to put it into his repertoire), and he called it a "vertical effect", what makes it VERY strong and well suited for any audience size.

Guys, I tell you the truth: exactly ten years ago I started doing magic. As an amateur magician. I bought a lot of effects from dealers that sounded amazing and I paid my "education fee", to find out that the tricks I bought did not hold what they promised. I still know this feeling VERY well. And I hated it. I hate it that it still happens around the world. I hate that 80 % of all magic releases popping up have flaws that make them useless, hard to perform or not suitable for the magician who purchased the effect. You will NEVER EVER have this problem when you purchase a Card-Shark effect. Promised. 100 %.

I give you my word for EVERY single release that you will LOVE what you get. That you will NEVER have the feeling to receive an overpriced product. That you NEVER will be dissatisfied with the method used, the props provided or any other bad experience that we all know from past purchases in Magic.

When you meet me at conventions, you will find out that I am a very honest person. I will show you the method used, the necessary cautions to perform an effect etc. I love every effect as my brain child. I want to give it in good hands. Not in full magic drawers. There is already enough clutter around. Get rid of it. Get out. Do great magic. The Sympathetic Ten is definitely an effect that you will add to your show, and you will see that it has the potential to be your closer effect.


Well said my friend, that's class!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Just received mine late this afternoon. Smile

Probably won't get a chance to watch the DVD until tomorrow or over the weekend. I'll post back with my thoughts on it.

Jim
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of videoman
Mine is scheduled to arrive on Monday, I'd be interested to hear your initial thoughts.
Choi Sin To
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
63 Posts

Profile of Choi Sin To
Obviously this is a great trick.
My concern is that I got Helder Guimaraes 's Ontology project. And in Helder's project , there is a trick called Deepest Sympathy which look nearly the same as this one. I use deepest sympathy and get great reaction. However my card seems to getting wear out due to numbers of performance. And helder's project is no longer available.
So before I put it on my cart. Can anyone tell me what the difference between helder' version and this version. many thanks
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Swann101
Is there anything different or "new" to the Sympathetic 10 than the classic old Sympathetic cards?

Thanks
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1706 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
@Choi Sin To: Helder's version is based on Joerg Alexander's Sympathetic Ten as far as I know, at least he was inspired when he saw Joerg's version. Joerg had no problems when Helder released his take on the Sympathetic Cards, just to avoid any discussions into an unnecessary direction. There are not so many differences between Joerg's and Helder's version; as far as I understand Joerg, Helder is using more gimmicked cards.

@Swann101: what is old, what is classic, and what is new? Joerg's version was first published many many years ago in several publications, but never including cards, never as thoroughly taught as on this DVD. On the DVD, Joerg goes into extreme detail which versions exist, gives the whole history of the Sympathetic cards, how his plot started and who helped with it. Magicians who will receive the Sympathetic Ten in the next few days will be able to confirm that.

Professionals prefer using Joerg's version, as it is very streamlined and entertaining. Mago Migue, FISM winner 2000 and 2003, for instance, prefers his presentation.
Image

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Swann101
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Swann101
@Card-Shark: Ok I understand, this is Joerg's version but with an explanation DVD.

I remember buying Joerg's cards some time back and thought he brought out a new version, but thanks for clarifying!

This is an amazing piece of magic and has been one of my favourites!
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
899 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Lovely release Christian! Thank you for this!
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
This is really too good to be released! IMHO!
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
918 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2014, Slydini62 wrote:
This is really too good to be released! IMHO!


It's a bit late for that, really; it was invented by Nate Leipzig in 1922... it's nearly a hundred years old!

Jamie
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
936 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Jamie

I know the history about Sympathetic cards. Just sayin this release makes it more known and it is a BIG part of my show.

FV
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sympathetic 10 - Joerg Alexander (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL