The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penns Mystery Solved (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19~20~21 [Next]
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1324 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
When did I say that? You're spectating.

Look at the quote I gave the product x
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1324 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
This is one of the only ones I have liked for sometime just because I have an effect that fits it perfect x
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1449 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Are the cards / billets MCF'd or folded in half?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Peter_turner wrote:
When did I say that? You're spectating.

Look at the quote I gave the product x

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. So you will be using this.

It's also worth investigating the work on The Glass Box Prediction by Al Mann and Devin Knight. You could do what you're saying without a gimmicked box which is fully examinable before, during and after. Very powerful stuff.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I think it would be very odd for someone to ask to inspect the box in a mentalism context. But having said that, I'm not quite sure it qualifies as the sort of everyday object I would consider suitable for a mentalism performance.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18324 Posts

Profile of IAIN
The glass box prediction involves more than one billet though doesn't it...
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Surely Mystery Solved and Glass Box Prediction are two distinct products? The glass box prediction was principally designed to be used for Headline Predictions. Would Mystery Solved survive being left in the possession of the client until the evening of the show?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Surely Mystery Solved and Glass Box Prediction are two distinct products? The glass box prediction was principally designed to be used for Headline Predictions. Would Mystery Solved survive being left in the possession of the client until the evening of the show?

Glass Box Prediction is a lot more than just a prediction. That's just one effect. Have you read all the literature produced for it? Probably not.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5614 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:

I think it would be very odd for someone to ask to inspect the box in a mentalism context.

Yes. But it would also be very odd to get rid of the evidence in a hurry, like in this case. This in any case is an odd working prop i.e. after the job is done the prop is to be left lying on its side.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

Glass Box Prediction is a lot more than just a prediction. That's just one effect. Have you read all the literature produced for it? Probably not.

What a strange comment? Of course I have read all of the literature produced for it. I bought it nearly ten years ago. It was designed and marketed very specifically as a headline prediction. Still is. It can obviously be used for any on-stage prediction, but that hardly makes it the natural alternative to Mystery Solved.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3054 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

I think it would be very odd for someone to ask to inspect the box in a mentalism context.

Yes. But it would also be very odd to get rid of the evidence in a hurry, like in this case. This in any case is an odd working prop i.e. after the job is done the prop is to be left lying on its side.

Smile

I don't understand what you mean about getting rid of the evidence in a hurry? Once you've tipped the prediction out of the box, the box should cease to be of any interest to your audience, so it would be completely natural to put it in your pocket. Why would you leave it lying on its side?

That's not to say I see this as a natural fit in a mentalism routine. I think we should stick to objects that are found in the real world, and I'm not sure that a clear perspex box qualifies. However, Peter knows his onions and I'm sure he has something devilish up his sleeve using the product.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:

What a strange comment? Of course I have read all of the literature produced for it. I bought it nearly ten years ago. It was designed and marketed very specifically as a headline prediction. Still is. It can obviously be used for any on-stage prediction, but that hardly makes it the natural alternative to Mystery Solved.

That explains it. If it was 10 years ago then you haven't yet read Glass Box Revisited & Other Predictions. If you had, you'd know why it's a better alternative.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18324 Posts

Profile of IAIN
...jamie, how do you suggest using this new box with the three predictions needed then?

And I would say martin is easily better read than yourself, so you should take on board his points..
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Iain, if you were better read you'd know it doesn't need three predictions.

Now back in your (glass) box.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18324 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I cant...david Blaine is still in it..
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, IAIN wrote:
I cant...david Blaine is still in it..

Smile Good one!
James Diamond
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of James Diamond
It's funny how "fully examinable" is such a big thing these days.

When you know the moves, and have it mixed perfectly with good patter which not only keep the pace moving, but it keeps them engaged with not just the visuals but also in processing the audio for what you're saying, there's just no need.

Who's handing out for examination Double Lifts, The Invisible Deck etc.?

Just do it, and get on with it. The more it's not an issue for you, it won't be an issue for the audience.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18324 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Lets not forget the sanda panda box..
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1726 Posts

Profile of wally
Please make up my mind for me David Penn’s Mystery Solved or Kennedy mystery box 2. this is for my adult close up. magicwalsh@gmail.com
James Diamond
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of James Diamond
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2014, wally wrote:
Please make up my mind for me David Penn’s Mystery Solved or Kennedy mystery box 2. this is for my adult close up. magicwalsh@gmail.com

I'd say Mystery Solved from their point of view, looks more fair. (only cause it's "completely clear")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penns Mystery Solved (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL