The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penns Mystery Solved (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21 [Next]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The problem with Wayne's box is that I don't use a close up pad. With MS I can place the box down on any colour table. Of all the clear box's MS suits me best, other box's may suit other performers.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Don't need a close up pad if you are creative with the gimmick.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
With MS I can do it walk around with or without a table, I don't have to worry about being creative with any gimmicks and my hands are clean. That's what I need from a switching box. None of the others meet my needs as well as MS. Other performers may have different needs that are better met by other box's.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Don't need a close up pad if you are creative with the gimmick.

Put it on a (Para) pad, a wallet... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Mysteryos
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Mysteryos
It just has arrived yesterday, awesome product. Seems to fit very well in my PW Routine! Thanks, David!
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Having had the clarity box.I am looking for something smaller.I was going for mystery solved.Then the paragon arrived with 3sixty.My initial thoughts can you buy a similar box for mystery solved.So maybe put box into pocket. But leave lid on table.Switch for clean box, where you later put lid on..Maybe leave on table?
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Hi Magic in Mind. There really is no need to switch boxes at the end as all the focus is on the card. Just put the box away, end of! Sometimes we as magicians over complicate things!

Jons handling for Paragon is fab, but does need a clean up afterwards. But the box is examinable. Mystery solved is a simple clean up - just put the box away! You decide what's best for you my friend. Which one fits in with your performance style, skill set etc.
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Thank you.I will go for mystery solved.I really like the look of its illusion.Did hear that paragon needed a perfect m..c..y
fold but mystery was more forgiving.Hope alakazam come up with an extractor that would do one for you.
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Paragon does not need a perfect MCF.
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Get Jons Perfect Score as this makes doing the MCF a breeze😄
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
[quote]On Mar 2, 2015, magic in mind wrote:
Thank you.I will go for mystery solved.I really like the look of its illusion.Did hear that paragon needed a perfect m..c..y
fold but mystery was more forgiving.Hope alakazam come up with an extractor that would do one for you[quote]
There are other advantages of Paragon that you may want to consider. The Paragon box looks better quality than MS. The shape and size of the card in the box is the same shape and size of the card that ends up in your hand. The box is completely angle proof, if there is any heat on the box then the box can casually be left on the table afterwards. I place the empty box back on the spectators hand whilst I unfold the card then I hand the card out and take the box back. The clean up afterwards takes a split second and is easy.
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Thanks I see a few uk dealers Saturn magic and propdog are selling the three sixty with paragon.Can you customise the gimmiks like you can with mystery? Cheers
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2015, magic in mind wrote:
Thanks I see a few uk dealers Saturn magic and propdog are selling the three sixty with paragon.Can you customise the gimmiks like you can with mystery? Cheers

Yes you can very easily 😀
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
So many comments which seem really silly. If someone was to read over the 1st few pages of this & do the same with paragon , everything is revealed . I suggest that people take the plunge and buy one of these(I have both) . Then work it extensively. It makes no difference if card in box is the same size as mercury folded card. It makes no difference if the box is handed out. Used mystery box at least 500 times & it's perfect. Used paragon about 100 times and it's perfect. Mike donoghue
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2015, mike donoghue wrote:
So many comments which seem really silly. If someone was to read over the 1st few pages of this & do the same with paragon , everything is revealed . I suggest that people take the plunge and buy one of these(I have both) . Then work it extensively. It makes no difference if card in box is the same size as mercury folded card. It makes no difference if the box is handed out. Used mystery box at least 500 times & it's perfect. Used paragon about 100 times and it's perfect. Mike donoghue

Sorry I don't agree, if you were using something like the lightening box or john kennedys box where they only get to see the card for a split second before it is tipped out then it probably won't matter if the card is folded differently. But we are talking of a clear pespex box which in some of the routines is placed on the spectators hand. This is an object they have never seen before, they are going to be interested in it. They and other spectators are going to have a good look at it and if the card inside looks nothing like the card that comes out there is a good chance that someone will notice, but most spectators won't say anything to you but they will talk when you have gone. I think sometimes magicians do spectators a disservice, they are not as stupid as some magicians think.
I do agree though that both boxes are great.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I agree that spectators are not as stupid as some magicians think. However. If someone thinks they know how something is done( happend in the past) they find you & tell you or they tell you immediately . Yes they are 99.99 percent wrong but that's what I have found. The point I am trying to make is both boxes are good. It is no good theorising. Buy one of them and then use it a heck of a lot . After using it a lot in an entertaining routine, all questions will be ansered and that person will know if it's for them ie. if it fits the bill. I am trying to be helpfull to anyone who is serious about parting with their cash to actually buy it and use it. Mike donoghue
magic in mind
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of magic in mind
Ahem if that was ment for me, re people silly comments I have had clarity box.But was too bigI have read this entire topic.Was sold on mystery but paragon came out.So as its fairly new.I have not much info on it.As uk dealers are selling 3sixty with paragon.Cheaper than mystery. I wanted another perspective.Sorry if I ask stupid questions.I bought 3sixty and paragon today from saturn magic.So I'm done.Cheers everyone else for your help.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Reviving an old thread here. I just got my hands on Mystery Solved and I have to say, I love it. Performed it twice so far and no one had a clue. Once that card is out of the box, there is zero heat on it. Out of all of these clear box illusions, I feel like this one suits me the best. Easy to carry. Very deceptive and very practical. Nice one, Dave!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Did you try jon Allans one? Is it better than it?
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2016, Karl M wrote:
Did you try jon Allans one? Is it better than it?

Jon's one is called Paragon 3D. I personally prefer it to Mystery Solved (which I also own), because Paragon does not have angle problems. But there isn't much between the 2 products. It is just a matter of personal preference, and what makes you feel most comfortable.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penns Mystery Solved (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL