The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penns Mystery Solved (131 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..19~20~21 [Next]
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1552 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I asked if earlier if cards had to be mcf'd but they look folded in half?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, deanbarlow wrote:
Hi guys,
Can the box be shown empty prior to the effect, placed into a cloth bag, gimmick activated, card selected, MCF and then the card tipped out of it?
Thanks in advance.

Yes.

Ye....as long as you manage your audience.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Russell Davidson wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Russell Davidson wrote:
Looks a good product to me. Glad I don't post here often anymore, nothing has changed, whinging & moaning for pages on end.

Yes, including you by the looks of it Smile

Whatever no mark.

See, I was right. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
To be fair, Jamie, Russell is usually pretty cheerful when his products get promoted on here. ;-)
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Cheers chaps,
If this is the case that the box can be shown empty prior to the card 'appearing' in it this could be good.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
The most curious thing to me is that this and 3Sixty seem about to hit the market at the same time. In the eyes of a laymen, they would be identical, although they have different methods. I am wary of how the 3Sixty method will look in the real world. But I REALLY don't see the advantage of having the card in a clear box.....mentalism and billet applications sure, but not for a signed card to box.
MagicDamo
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of MagicDamo
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, deanbarlow wrote:
Hi guys,
Can the box be shown empty prior to the effect, placed into a cloth bag, gimmick activated, card selected, MCF and then the card tipped out of it?
Thanks in advance.

Yes.

Ye....as long as you manage your audience.

When showing the box empty prior to the effect will the box need to be on it's side rather than upright? if so it would look a bit odd.
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
In every picture where the seemingly empty box is shown, the box has to either be held or put on an upside down glass.
Can the empty-looking box simply be set down on a (non-glass) table or close up mat?
James Diamond
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of James Diamond
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, ftlum wrote:
In every picture where the seemingly empty box is shown, the box has to either be held or put on an upside down glass.
Can the empty-looking box simply be set down on a (non-glass) table or close up mat?

David's been very fair in his trailer and what he's shown of Mystery Solved, so it's pretty clear (no pun intended) what you're getting.

So with that in mind but without saying anything more, no, it probably won't look right putting it on a non glass surface or close up mat...
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Its rare to see any creator be so forth coming in his pre release. Even after a clear demo in the original trailer. But in light of other pre release gong shows, good call. No one can complain after they receive it. Very smart and "classic" design, if I'm correct in assuming.

When finished with the box and since it's clear, you have no need to put it on display or have it examined. It fits in your pocket, out of sight, out of mind.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
I still think it's okay..Just a tad pricey for a poor hobbyist Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, rasmus wrote:

rather then perform it as a card to impossible location I would do it as a 100% surefire card
prediction. the reason is simple: if the card is allready there in the box and at the end revealed
as the signed card of the spectator, the first conclusion will be, that the card had to be switched.
that imho is a dead giveaway and will burn the whole heat onto the box as a switching device.

if I would do card to impossible location, I would definetly coverup the box with a cloth or similar
item. then I explain that the spectators signed card has vanished out of the deck. after that, removing
the cloth and showing the card inside the box. now tipping out the card to show, that this is the spectators card.

perhaps the gimmick gives the ability to be shown empty at the beginning and then to be covered with a cloth and after that showing, that a card has appeared? that really would be great.

that said, with all clear switching devices, I would never ever show the card allready in the box, when you perform with a signed card.

just my 5 swiss francs and . . . .

Exactly.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Got a good point there. I believe you can show it empty and make a card appear.
iramayami
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of iramayami
ITS amazing to see top profesionals and some not so to discuss a product like children ,you either like a product or not , If you like it great tell us why. how could we tell you not to like it if you do? if you don't like it tell us why and we will make our own decision by reading reviews ,simple and move on to another thing . There is no need to point fingers ( example on Craigs Red) there is no need to fish with questions to find out how a method is done if your a profesional just buy it if you like the reviews or if you belive your going to use it ,you don't need 10 pages of !@#$%ing around to make up your mind ,if you don't like it great if you hate it great ,the world wont change with any of the magic products that come out daily for sale ,it is the magician that will make the difrence on how he will use any product and make the best out of it . Mystery solved is something I find intresting enough for me to buy it and develop my own ideas on its use so it should be the same for anyone that purchases it. let go out to perform if you don't like this product just get your old pack of card and go perform , let make magic happen ,the world is waiting.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1263 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2014, iramayami wrote:
ITS amazing to see top profesionals and some not so to discuss a product like children ,you either like a product or not , If you like it great tell us why. how could we tell you not to like it if you do? if you don't like it tell us why and we will make our own decision by reading reviews ,simple and move on to another thing . There is no need to point fingers ( example on Craigs Red) there is no need to fish with questions to find out how a method is done if your a profesional just buy it if you like the reviews or if you belive your going to use it ,you don't need 10 pages of !@#$%ing around to make up your mind ,if you don't like it great if you hate it great ,the world wont change with any of the magic products that come out daily for sale ,it is the magician that will make the difrence on how he will use any product and make the best out of it . Mystery solved is something I find intresting enough for me to buy it and develop my own ideas on its use so it should be the same for anyone that purchases it. let go out to perform if you don't like this product just get your old pack of card and go perform , let make magic happen ,the world is waiting.

Precisely. It's always puzzled me as to why guys who don't like a trick, prop, book, or video stick around and continue to complain. You nailed it, iramayami.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
helpful
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of helpful
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2014, iramayami wrote:

Couldn't agree more. But, what would an internet forum be without people pointlessly arguing over things that don't matter in the least?
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
169 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Yes helpful .. the Café is not alone though see Jeff Hobson's post on Genii below makes interesting reading.

Yawn. Yes, this is an old and tired argument. I've heard it all before. The rants and pontifications of a few magicians? who's only accomplishments may be reading, writing about or otherwise critiquing others in the field. Performers? Maybe, for a short time or only occasionally. Mostly, armchair referees.

DR
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3053 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2014, Steve Hook wrote:

Precisely. It's always puzzled me as to why guys who don't like a trick, prop, book, or video stick around and continue to complain. You nailed it, iramayami.

Well, the Café would become a rather dull and sterile place if the threads consisted only of people saying how great a prop is and how much they are enjoying using it. Not only that, it would leave younger magicians at the mercy of the snake oil salesman and false advertisers among the "creator" community. A debate on the merits, uses, functionality and logic of a product are invaluable in my opinion.

If you don't like debate, you can always choose not to read the threads and stick to just reading the advertising copy?
helpful
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of helpful
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Not only that, it would leave younger magicians at the mercy of the snake oil salesman and false advertisers among the "creator" community.

Yeah, it would be really bad if advertisers could get a HIDDEN HAND getting threads removed that would damage sales.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Another one of these boxes? Really? Aren't there enough of these? And who really wants to carry around a box like this to do a card production? David Regal came out with the mondo box, someone else came out with one about the size of a tic tac box (perhaps better), and now we have another that is somewhere in between? At least David Regal's box had a bit of a theme with the "emergency tape" around it. What is the patter for this? "I carry this dorky plastic box with a card in it. Here's your card, but clearly you can't examine my little box. Hey! Get your own dorky box! Let me show you another trick to distract you from my useless box."

Sorry, but why do the products still spew out when the creativity has waned?

KJ

P.S. I totally agree with Martin. This is a forum to discuss both sides of products. Well said, Martin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Penns Mystery Solved (131 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..19~20~21 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL