The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents FAIR PLAY (159 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..31~32~33 [Next]
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
I'm shipping out 12 of these today and I personally opened each case to check the gimmick,just to be as careful as possible.
Considering people are going to open it anyway,they don't seem to mind,
Steve
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, genius wrote:
The reason why this looks gimmicky is due to the printed appearance of the handwriting. It looks manufactured...in reality, handwriting should look real.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

You cannot tell that its printed when looking at it. The plastic case is hazy and disguises any discrepancy in that regard in my opinion.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
I do not think the writing looks "Printed". Mine looks like handwriting. The one that I have now I am very happy with. I have done it dozens of times with no issues. I think this is a very cool little gimmick. What you get for the price is WELL worth it. This is actually one of my favorite items to have come out in a while. I love to just have it there for that anytime anywhere situation.

Of all the people I have already performed this for, no one has questioned the writing looking legit, or the fob itself. This is a goodie guys.

If you happen to get one that has any issues, Bro Gilbert and the Paul Harris team will make sure to get you squared away, so don't fret. I definitely recommend this one. As much as I love the original Free Will routine, this is a very nice addition. And I absolutely love the complete and total freedom that Fair Play provides.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, genius wrote:
The reason why this looks gimmicky is due to the printed appearance of the handwriting. It looks manufactured...in reality, handwriting should look real.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

You cannot tell that its printed when looking at it. The plastic case is hazy and disguises any discrepancy in that regard in my opinion.

With all due respect, Genius is simply a pessimist and a critic. There's no magician's helping magician's or "opinion" to hide behind in his posts.

He can't help himself. Every other post is from Genius to voice his pessimist attitude.

Oh, this is just my opinion.

J
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys –
Patrick from Murphy’s here. I would like you all to know we have sold thousands of these units worldwide and only 3 units have had ANY problems whatsoever. Most have been user error (not placing the gimmick into the key-fob correctly). This is a FANTASTIC product! There have been no issues with it and everything works as described.

Best,
Patrick
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Just a new handling thought...

You show the 3 items and start by asking them to place one of the 3 items in their pocket.

Once they do, at this point you remove the fob and place it on the table (you can even place it face up depending on where they are standing/sitting as the font is small enough that they shouldn't be able to read the writing yet).

Then, you have them pick up both remaining objects and have them place one in your hand while the other remains in their hand.

Now you simply tell them to just pick up the fob that's been in sitting in front of them to read out loud.

I'm not sure at the moment if this plays stronger than removing the fob after all the choices have been made, but thought I would share as an alternate handling.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Here's another handling that gets very strong reactions.

Go through the rigmarole of putting objects in their hand, your hand and their pocket.

Show them the key fob. Proceed to place it on the floor. Stamp on it.

Use the pieces to do one in the hand, one in the pocket instead.

Great reactions.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Should I be a pre-order customer or a customer in general to find that hilarious?
I don't own it so I won't defend it tooth and nail...

That was freaking funny 😂
Knobz1
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte, NC
157 Posts

Profile of Knobz1
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, sbays wrote:
I do not think the writing looks "Printed". Mine looks like handwriting. The one that I have now I am very happy with. I have done it dozens of times with no issues. I think this is a very cool little gimmick. What you get for the price is WELL worth it. This is actually one of my favorite items to have come out in a while. I love to just have it there for that anytime anywhere situation.

I would sure hope your happy with yours. You got to handpick the best one out of many as you stated earlier.

That being said, I might still make the plunge and purchase this. We will see...
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
844 Posts

Profile of roblane
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, Saturn UK wrote:
I don't want to speak too soon but all the ones we have sent out have been ok to date.

I received mine from Mark yesterday, and all's good so far. The gimmick is ingenious and so cool I keep running through the routine just to see the end result. I don't feel this is in anyway 'Tenyoey' as key fobs are made of plastic anyway. The wrinting looks like handwriting, just neater than my own hand, but who's too know that? I'm happy with my purchase and I guess I'm lucky as my 'waterworks' works fine too. (Go on, comment on my waterworks, I know you want to............)
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, Knobz1 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 19, 2014, sbays wrote:

I would sure hope your happy with yours. You got to handpick the best one out of many as you stated earlier.

That being said, I might still make the plunge and purchase this. We will see...

Yep. That's pretty much what I said.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:

You show the 3 items and start by asking them to place one of the 3 items in their pocket.

Once they do, at this point you remove the fob and place it on the table (you can even place it face up depending on where they are standing/sitting as the font is small enough that they shouldn't be able to read the writing yet).

Then, you have them pick up both remaining objects and have them place one in your hand while the other remains in their hand.

Now you simply tell them to just pick up the fob that's been in sitting in front of them to read out loud.

I'm not sure at the moment if this plays stronger than removing the fob after all the choices have been made, but thought I would share as an alternate handling.

Hey that was my idea in a previous post. I think it would play as strong or stronger. You do it as an afterthought. Not the second they place the item in their pocket. But while they are thinking about the next one.

"Oh wait. Here hang onto this. Perhaps it will inspire you!"

I like it. Can't go wrong this way.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I'm at a loss here. What does that gain you?
Steve Haynes
View Profile
Inner circle
Southeastern United States
1119 Posts

Profile of Steve Haynes
As the DVD teaches,I perform it so the spectator always reads the script.
Regardless if you do this or not really is up to you,but it is very easy to do either way,this is not a super advance handling,in fack the php handing once practiced leads into understanding my handling which is how I designed the gimmick and all the words used in FP.
I wanted to make something very easy without sacrificing the strength of the effect,but to enhance it (that was my goal).
If you jump to 1:13 you will see a REAL performance of FP.
No exposure of course,but I assure you no matter the choices the spectators make it is just as direct no matter what and it surely isn't a best case scenario!

http://youtu.be/bkueVP33AFE
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2014, John C wrote:
Quote:

Hey that was my idea in a previous post. I think it would play as strong or stronger. You do it as an afterthought. Not the second they place the item in their pocket. But while they are thinking about the next one.

"Oh wait. Here hang onto this. Perhaps it will inspire you!"

I like it. Can't go wrong this way.

IMO either you take it out after their pocketed the 1st item or take it out after they made up their mind will only make a slight different and there'll be no difference on spectactor side. But you're losing your very last quiestion "Are you really sure about this? You can change your mind if you want to."

It will fools a magician though. They'll think they know. But wait, what? Smile
Cassidy001
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Cassidy001
I am very impressed with the quality of this gimmick. I watched the video, which was pretty short, and gave it a go on my lovely assistant. My wife is rarely impressed with anything to do with magic so when we started she was very much in that lets get this over with attitude. When it was time to read the prediction she was stunned. She then started switching the items around again and demanded we try again.since I knew she would do that I immediately reset in front of her and she never noticed. The reset is that quick and easy. This is perfect for a casual setting. Perfect for when. You are asked to "do something". I think that this is my favorite purchase this year.
"You want to know the secret of the world. It's this: save it, and it'll repay you, every second of every day."
--Axel Brass
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2014, Cassidy001 wrote:
I am very impressed with the quality of this gimmick. I watched the video, which was pretty short, and gave it a go on my lovely assistant. My wife is rarely impressed with anything to do with magic so when we started she was very much in that lets get this over with attitude. When it was time to read the prediction she was stunned. She then started switching the items around again and demanded we try again.since I knew she would do that I immediately reset in front of her and she never noticed. The reset is that quick and easy. This is perfect for a casual setting. Perfect for when. You are asked to "do something". I think that this is my favorite purchase this year.

I can't begin to imagine how a spectator could be fooled by this if you immediately repeated it for them?
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2014, Cassidy001 wrote:

I wouldn't recommend repeating it for the same audience man.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Unless you can make the reset look as if you are writing another prediction I don't see how you can repeat it for the same audience. It would lead to the method and the effect would be reduced to a puzzle at best.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Just a quick idea for my fellow Englishmen. It's odd to call a £5 note a bill here in the UK but you could easily carry a 1 dollar bill in your wallet and use that instead. I wouldn't feel overly happy about giving a stranger my money anyway but a dollar is worth less than a pound(obviously if you have the UK version you can just borrow a note and this is not an issue). I always carry a dollar in my wallet for a Lonnie Chevrie effect so it suits me and I can easily justify using a dollar bill.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Harris Presents FAIR PLAY (159 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..20..23..26..29..31~32~33 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL