The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Recovering.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Chaps, am recovering from some pretty major surgery (whipple procedure) and am also just starting chemo. Has anybody else been down this particular road.....? Would be interested to hear of any experiences in this area.

Best,

Martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
It's been a while since you posted and I apologize for missing it. I hope you are doing well and my thoughts are with you. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Praying for you to have a full recovery & prayers to your family also.

Jingle Bells!
Sixten & family Smile
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Thank you for your kind thoughts and a merry christmas to you all as well! Will be out of flying for the thick end of a year......at least my magic might improve whilst I am recovering! I managed a close-up session for a party a few weeks back - great fun and it really helped me to forget the pain for an hour or two! Should know by the end of january whether or not I am facing anything more serious than what it already is.
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Best wishes captainsmiffy,

Deep practice sessions can certainly make the outside world (and the time) disappear for a while.
It may help you to forget the pain as well.

-Mary Mowder
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Mary is right. Keeping your mind and body occupied with practice, reading, writing, etc will be a big help. Even bigger would be a positive attitude. Keep getting better.
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Thanks, Tom amd Mary....time passing is a big issue to a bored pilot who is not allowed to fly!! Thank god for magic!!! You are right about the positive attitude, too. It would be sooo easy to wallow in a quagmire of self pity...
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Best wishes for the New Year, captain. Smile
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Many thanks! And the very same to you sir!! For me, 2014 was where things descended into chaos.....2015 is going to be my year to recovery. Onwards and upwards from here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Recovering.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL