The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Julien LOSA - The Good Choice (is often mine) (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

XyGreg
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of XyGreg
Hello,

Julien Losa, a mentalist from France, recently released a great routine that definitely deserves your attention. It uses an old principle, and to be honest - BEFORE reading this routine - I've never been confident about using this method because it always seemed so unnatural and twisted, in my opinion. Here, for the first time, the method does not "scare" me because it really make sense with the story you tell. Moreover, this story is attractive because it's about the choices people make in their life, so your spectators will undoubtedly be captivated by this theme. It's an open door to emotional connections with your audience, it's really the kind of routine they'll remember because it speaks about... their own life! And finally, technically the routine is easy to do (in addition to being fun and visual) so you can concentrate on that aspect.

So, if you like simple and direct mentalism, don't hesitate Smile

-> http://www.lybrary.com/the-good-choice-i......773.html

Congratulations and thanks to Julien!
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
30 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Hey ! Many Thanks ! Really glad you enjoyed it ! Smile
Wouhou ! My first review ! :O I go to celebrate ! Smile

best,

Julien
Dreda
View Profile
Loyal user
France, Paris
243 Posts

Profile of Dreda
Classic principe indeed, but the presentation is good. Smile

Honestly, I prefer his routine "pseudology" which is terrific : http://www.lybrary.com/pseudology-p-588767.html but "the good choice" has a good presentation like I said.
"I know that I know nothing" - Socrate
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
I do like simple and direct mentalism but to actual make an informed buying decision
I would like to have an idea of how the effect plays out from the spectators view point .

Andrew
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
30 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Hello Andrew !

It really plays well ! I'm a professional performer working mostly in theaters (more than 500 stage shows in 2012/2013, just in theater) and close up settings (no walkaround, I'm at a table) and I PROMISE I'm publishing ONLY routines that I have tried and polished...

Concerning "The Good Choice" : the technique is a PATEO... What I'm offering through this is the framing, plot and...almost the whole text finally... A plot that makes completely sense with this technique... and is meaningful for the spectator... I've had really strong reactions with this one (more appropriated for close up) and some friends of mine also told me they had strong reactions.

Concerning "Pseudo(*)logy" : it's a pseudopsychometry routine with a clever marking system and an original ending... so basically it's...a secret and staging (for the final)... then you have to know about cold reading, etc... and it plays really well on stage ! Smile

I hope I brought answers to your concerns ! Smile

Best

Julien
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I picked this up and thought it was really cleaver and simple, but plays really big very easily and effectively. Definitely worth a look for Julien's writing style alone!

-Jakob
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
30 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2014, magician 336 wrote:
I picked this up and thought it was really cleaver and simple, but plays really big very easily and effectively. Definitely worth a look for Julien's writing style alone!

-Jakob

Thank you very much Jakob! I'm glad you enjoyed it ! I really appreciate the kind words !

kind regards,
Julien
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2653 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
"could truly change a spectator's life..." "You end with an advice to the spectator."

Is this mentalism or therapy?
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
30 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Smile

It's mentalism while transmitting a positive message... Smile

I always thought mind reading could be more... meaningful than the "think of a looooong...very loooooong word..." (and I'm not the only one : just look at some books out there ! Smile ) ... And truly : The Good Choice was written in this way of thinking... but I swear it's not "too much controversial for magician" : just...a nice way to give a positive message to you spectator while using a very old principle of magic/mentalism... no more no less...

kind regards,

Julien
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2653 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Julien was kind enough to send me this eBook. Smile

I was pleasantly surprised to discover it to be a fun presentation incorporating an underrated method.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3042 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Julien was kind enough to send me this eBook. Smile

I was pleasantly surprised to discover it to be a fun presentation incorporating an underrated method.

Ah! You've been bought off, eh Mind Guerrilla! Everyone has their price. Smile
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
30 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Do you mean he doesn't worth more than 7 dollars?

You're mean, Martin. Smile Smile

And... I didn't buy him, I was just in the mood to show him I'm not in a "therapy mind reading mood"... Smile
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5110 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Beautiful, direct mentalism that we can know comes from a real worker.
VERY entertaining to read as well! For $7 you will get a piece that you can do anytime anywhere, what to lose?

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5110 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I really believe that this piece of Mentalism from Julien is beautiful and direct.
Peace and love !
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This routine plays very well. The spectator has free choices along the way and finds the ending to be a complete surprise. I like the idea that from all the choices, that the person selects the only item that has meaning. With a little thinking, you can make up other routines using this great method.

I really like this routine.

Ray
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
The best choice is mine: because I do not buy this effect:
ma-j-cien
View Profile
New user
France
30 Posts

Profile of ma-j-cien
Thank you Pablo and Ray ! It's just...my script/plot for a well known and not so much wisely used technique... I'm really glad you liked !

PsiDroid : So feel free to not buy it ! Smile No one is pushing you..

Kind regards,
Julien
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11568 Posts

Profile of John C
I like this a lot. Great little thing to carry or even make up on the spot.

This deserves a lot of credit to the ceeator and your attention to its power yet simplicity.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3296 Posts

Profile of takeachance
This seems to have been pulled from the market. I tried 2 shops and it wouldn't download. Had to get a refund from both. Still plenty advertising it, but it goes to a dead end if you buy and try to download. Anyone know why?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3296 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Taken off the market for personal reasons. Julien was kind enough to contact me. Those who have been lucky enough to have his creative thinking appreciate the impact his routines have on an audience. Definitely be watching out for anything he releases.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Julien LOSA - The Good Choice (is often mine) (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL