The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Slow Motion UnGimmicked Pencil Through Bill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I posted this in the "A Tangled Web we Weave forum" but I think it would be more suitable here.

A while back I posted a link in secret sessions where you could download a free copy of this trick. I have since deleted that link (quite a while ago) and I know that there is still people interested in this. This is what I have decided to do. I am going to make a video of this effect clearly explaining everything in detail. It will then be put on in an ebook.

The ebook isn't done. Nor have I have even started it. I will get on it soon as I can.

So you know what it looks like here is a video:

Sorry, the video is no longer available. If anyone wants to help me out, and upload it to their website, as I currently don't have a way to do so, that would be great.

Remember these things when watching: Completly Impromptu, Completly Un gimmicked, Can be done naked (if your into that).

I will let everyone know when the project is fisnished. It won't be that expensive about 5-7 bucks. I personally think this is the best thing I have created, and I love it. It is my baby, and I think other people could also benifit from its use.

BTW: Any comments or first impressions would certainly be welcome.

Thanks,
Ben
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2887 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Are both the bill and the pencil ungimmicked??
Is there no gimmick at all? Are both the bill and pencil examinable at the end?
Can the items be borrowed??

These questions are not criticism. I'm just trying to see what the restrictions are.

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Mike Yep, Everything is borrowed. Both the Pencil and the Bill are completly ungimmicked. Both the pencil and the bill are examinable at the end.

I hope that answers your questoins.

Thanks,
Ben
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
Vikke Matikainen
View Profile
New user
Finland
60 Posts

Profile of Vikke Matikainen
Nice trick Ben!

I checked out your video and all you say about that penetration is true. I really liked the handling in the end, where it really seems that pen must be inside the bill. If you can add also sound of bill ripping in two and then make a little joke, no-one can bust you Smile
I might give it a try for real audience, any tips for performing?
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense."
- Tom Clancy
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
Of course if the pencil slowly "melts" through...there would be no ripping sound!! This is is best part of the effects out there where a pencil penetrates a bill...and if these are both borrowed and NON-gimmicked...you really have something here!! Definitly worth the wait for this to down-load!!!

Please add me to your list of very interested magi!!!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
What do you feel is the advantage of this method to Mislead or Just Passin' Thru?

Personally, I can see an advantage if performing for friends or family because you can borrow the objects, but if performing professionally I'd suggest one of the two methods I mentioned because in my opinion they have an outwardly cleaner appearance and borrowing a pencil in that type of setting is a non-issue.

I personally prefer a pen through bill penetration over any pencil through bill penetration but I'm wondering what your opinion is of the pros of this method versus other pencil methods.

Regards, Larry D.
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Larry I share the same feelings as you. I too use mis-led but not JPT but it also looks great. This is a trick for one of those times when you are caught without the mislead gimmick or your pencil through JPT. Or even if after you perform one of these tricks someone yells "Hey, do it with MY pen!" Then there you go you are ready to do it.

Again I agree that in a professional setting misled would be my pencil through bill of choice.

Now about the pen or pencil, you can do this with a bic pen if you want to. So either one will work.
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of afknight
Ben721

Put me on the list as well! Thanks

afknight
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2723 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Two words . . . .

IT ROCKS !!!!

I'll be buying it when it comes out . . .
Smile
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Thanks guys, and by the way I agree with FTA magician that a tearing in the bill for sound wouldn't be necessary.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Looks Great !
I am in also Smile

Nicolas
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Ben, thanks for the response and congrats on the effect.
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
No Problem Larry. I am still undecided on a manuscript or a CD. Most likely a CD. I will inform everyone when it is avaiable like I said.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Smile Ben, you know I'm the creator of this Smile You just claim it's yours Smile I like it, I've performed it for a few of my friends and got good reactions. Now if only our producer would get on soon...... Smile
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
"I am still undecided on a manuscript or a CD"

Personally, I prefer a manuscript !
It's only my opinion but I think it's more confortable/pleasant to learn from paper.
...and easier to download ! Smile

Nicolas
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
And much easier to be pirated. Smile
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
"And much easier to be pirated"
What do you mean by pirated ?
If you mean giving it freely, then I don't agree...
Why a media (movie) file would be harder ? Smile
Anyway, I prefer paper. But it's not the point of this topic so...
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
Hmm, yes I was afraid of the pirating of a video. But, if I did a manuscript I would definately put a few more items in it, because just the SMUPTB manuscript would be quite short and I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they didn't receive enough.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10726 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ben has created many effects, but ungimmicked pen through bill is his best work so far, ollowed by his wonderful color changed.

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27113 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Just saw the video. Looked good. Congrats on working that out for yourself. As an impromptu Misled, it's quite good.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Slow Motion UnGimmicked Pencil Through Bill (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL