The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Map of Ebola in Africa (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I struggle to understand your point.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worl......t-ebola/
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:

Precisely!
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
The pink signifies bird flu.
Glaxo Smithkline are on overtime with multi-national government backed sales incentives.
A quango here, a quango there. Everybody's a winner. Except the man on the street.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I think that it's wonderful that most of Africa has been able to help stop the spread by closing their borders to the countries that have it, don't you?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 3, 2014, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worl......t-ebola/

I am asking what YOUR point is? What is your exact position? I don't want to assume and respond and be told you never said that.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

My point is that the scope of the threat of Ebola to the world has been greatly exaggerated. My point is that when British and American teachers are threatened with their jobs because they've been to Kenya, some large number of people do not understand some basic facts about the disease and its prevalence.
Nee
My point is that when children are isolated from classmates that have been to Rwanda, there is something truly amiss. Need I go on, citing attempts to quarantine a school principal because it was believed that he had visited Nigeria? Or a Texas college that refused admission to a man from Nigeria because they were afraid he would bring Ebola to their campus.

The geography of Africa is relevant.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes John you in particular should rehabilitate so we know what you are saying and don't have to guess. Thank you.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Or perhaps, Danny, you could think on your own without hounding me. I know you can do it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I do not want to apply my thinking to your posts and make assumptions that are not right. It is better if you are clear do you don't accuse me of putting words in your mouth. Why is clarity such a problem for you? Why be sarcastic and condescending when all I wanted is clarity? Having a bad day?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Ahh, the king of obstinate obtuseness.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sure just nameless faceless name calling. But what is wrong with me wanting to know what was said instead of assuming? I still have not heard an answer. Just name calling and sarcasm as usual.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I've been accused several times of putting words in someone's mouth for trying to guess what they meant by some statement. Of course, there are many here who like to be obtuse with their statements so that they can't be pinned down to a particular position.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Exactly then when you DO make an assumption these are the first ones to accuse you of putting words in their mouths. They intentionally make it a moving target, a sure sign a strong viewpoint.

Ask Bob for clarification and what do you get? By God you get his opinion clarified. I may have a different point of view but at least I know exactly what he means.

Why does it take name calling and sarcasm to get to clarification?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Wow, do really think what you two are doing passes for logical debate and deserves anything but ridicule and condesension?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Right thanks for proving the point. But I an sure the second we agree with you EVERYTHING changes right?

What's wrong? Election results got you down?

Don't be so cranky. Nothing is going to change. These guys are probably more incompetent. I am sure by 2016 everyone will see. Don't sweat it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
Right thanks for proving the point. But I an sure the second we agree with you EVERYTHING changes right?

What's wrong? Election results got you down?

Don't be so cranky. Nothing is going to change. These guys are probably more incompetent. I am sure by 2016 everyone will see. Don't sweat it.

I think unintended irreversible consequences (see War, Iraq) is what we need to worry about here.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think intended irreversible consequences are just as bad. See the last 6 years.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Map of Ebola in Africa (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL