The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Predicted card in bottle of booze (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Milo&Tock
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Milo&Tock
As part of a comedy prediction effect, I'd like to reveal the prediction as a card glued to the inside of a bottle of gin. (The card is not signed, and the contents are real gin because that ties into the historical story I'm framing around the effect). The gin needs to be drinkable or at least not too poisonous after the card and its glue have been soaking in it for a few days Smile

Couldn't find anything on the Café about this. I'm guessing that the alcohol in the gin would eat away at any glue or tape used to affix the card inside the bottle. Hell, it might eat away at the card itself. (I'm investigating KEM cards, which would only be slight more PITA to put in the bottle as a regular card.)

Any thoughts? Worst case I could affix the card to the outside of the bottle, but that drops a layer of "Wow" that I'd prefer to keep.

Much thanks!

Den

PS - Although this is just my 3rd post under this name, I'm not quite a newbie -- had been posting under ConstantineTCB for the last few years, until that name got mucked up and I had to start over Smile
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2664 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I don't understand why it would have to be glued. once in the bottle, wouldn't it stay and be visible?

s
JayFredericks
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, WA
131 Posts

Profile of JayFredericks
Talking about methods should be done downstairs. I'll send you a pm with a thought.
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
Alcohol is not the answer but it is a solution.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1094 Posts

Profile of rasp
(The gin needs to be drinkable or at least not too poisonous after the card and its glue have been soaking in it for a few days )..........

that's a first..... I never knew that the strength of a poison you give a person could be factored as a variable.
Milo&Tock
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Milo&Tock
JayF, thanks for the PM!

Rasp, since the person is me, the answer is YES Smile
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
If the only person drinking it is you why not use water which looks a lot like gin?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Don't glue .. Laminate the card
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Milo&Tock
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Milo&Tock
Mad, because the spectator needs to smell it, and it's linked to an Anneman story. Plus, it's a one-off effect for the Elders, so I don't have to worry about working under the influence Smile

Slim, laminating would be easier. How does that affix it to the inside of the bottle though?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I was gonna suggest using I.T. and wax so the card can 'dance' a little inside the fluid...

and as for the smell, you'd possibly only need some around the cap or the rim of a glass for someone to sniff...
I've asked to be banned
Mad0hatter
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Mad0hatter
Actually I think one of the harder more beeswax like waxes is a good idea as it would be water and spirit proof.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Laminate a small magnet inside (Inside the card laminate..behind the face) ..then use a magnet on the outside ... easy and STERILE!!!! Float the card around until you can see the face ..then use the magnet to pin it to the side.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Milo&Tock
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Milo&Tock
Thanks, folks! I'll check into all these ideas!
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Discussion of methods is not looked favorably upon by your peers. Please keep in mind this section of the Café is capable of being accessed by the outside community.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Laminate a small magnet inside (Inside the card laminate..behind the face) ..then use a magnet on the outside ... easy and STERILE!!!! Float the card around until you can see the face ..then use the magnet to pin it to the side.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17675 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, genius wrote:
Discussion of methods is not looked favorably upon by your peers. Please keep in mind this section of the Café is capable of being accessed by the outside community.

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Quote:

I agree, yet the secret solution is mine to do with as I please. I'll help this fellow out and risk it.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, rasp wrote:
The gin needs to be drinkable

Here's where the effect falls apart for me... Smile
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
MVoss
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
372 Posts

Profile of MVoss
Quote:

Wow, Slim nailed that, great solution.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I fail to see how Slim's solution constitutes exposure of any kind. He merely suggested a way to affix a label to the inside of a bottle. That hardly is the method to the effect.

In a rare turn of events, I actually am defending Slim in this case. Smile
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1261 Posts

Profile of reese
I only read the heading of the topic and am too drunk to respond in full. I'm guessing it's about Marlo. The Bomb Door is the bomb!
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Agreed, bob. Apologies, slim

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Quote:
On Nov 13, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I fail to see how Slim's solution constitutes exposure of any kind. He merely suggested a way to affix a label to the inside of a bottle. That hardly is the method to the effect.

In a rare turn of events, I actually am defending Slim in this case. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Predicted card in bottle of booze (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL