The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Trevah Whateva
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Trevah Whateva
Great news! We just uploaded a digital version of the chapter that experienced the audio issue.

The entire "Card Selection" chapter is now available for download within your Penguin account.

A BIG thanks to Menny for all his help!
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
443 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Great review eostresh,
Spot on on all points.
James Warren question if you can do a card trick put the cards away and go into sealed. Am I allowed to answer this? It would be something I would want to know and wanted to know before I bought the trick. I am going to answer like this.
This is a card,dollar or coin in cellophane trick. One thing I hate is to have to carry around another deck of cards just to do another card trick. I think of it as carrying around another trick to do sealed. You will need a deck of cards to do a card trck.
lilyjane13
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of lilyjane13
Thank you so much Trevah.
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
I just want to say Thank You to Penguin for getting the correct video up. Plan on holing up this weekend to practice this and a couple other effects!!
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I am having a problem getting it to "fire" properly. Its as tho I either cannot get enough pressure unto the trigger or its not reaching the proper position....the gimmick does work properly when testing in the hand.
If anyone has had a similar issue but figured it out, please let me know via PM if you are so inclined. Not sure what I may have done wrong.

Many Thanks,

Bk
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
443 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Im having the same problem as BK. Ill have to rewatch the dvd or remake the box to see if I did something wrong. Frustration after and hr of assembly.
Casey Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Casey Sparrow
Ive had this for a few days now and I finally got round to construction .... but the parts haven't been "cut" properly and this has rendered the gimmick impossible to construct... highly frustrating! I'm hoping that I have a one off faulty gimmick but has any one else encountered similar problems?

Thanks,

CS
lilyjane13
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of lilyjane13
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2014, bobbyk wrote:
I am having a problem getting it to "fire" properly. Its as tho I either cannot get enough pressure unto the trigger or its not reaching the proper position....the gimmick does work properly when testing in the hand.
If anyone has had a similar issue but figured it out, please let me know via PM if you are so inclined. Not sure what I may have done wrong.

Many Thanks,

Bk

I have a same problem.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Tennessee
698 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
I am Happy to say that I do have mine firing correctly. Menny has been very helpful and was concerned that I was having this issue. Mine was really operator error as is usual in my case Smile
I really like this....its really well thought out. Its not one of those things where I would say "why didn't I think of that?"..... there's no way I would have come up with this. I can't imagine taking the time to figure this thing out like Menny did....However, I m glad he did. This looks great!
Trevah Whateva
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Our new shipment of Refills just arrived. Grab them while you can, they're selling FAST.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10532 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Honestly this sounds a bit like a Rube Goldberg type gimmick.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
833 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Well, having read this thread, and the various problems members are having in constructing the gimmick, I'm seriously questioning my earlier purchase of the effect. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Will see .....
pkconjure
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of pkconjure
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2014, Trevah Whateva wrote:
Great news! We just uploaded a digital version of the chapter that experienced the audio issue.

The entire "Card Selection" chapter is now available for download within your Penguin account.

A BIG thanks to Menny for all his help!

I thought the construction of the gimmick should have been videoed in back of of Menny, it would have been a lot easier to follow.
pkconjure
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of pkconjure
I thought it would have been a lot easier to follow the constructon of the gimmick if it was videoed in back of menny.
Dapperdan
View Profile
Regular user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
132 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2014, bobbyk wrote:
I am Happy to say that I do have mine firing correctly. Menny has been very helpful and was concerned that I was having this issue. Mine was really operator error as is usual in my case Smile
I really like this....its really well thought out. Its not one of those things where I would say "why didn't I think of that?"..... there's no way I would have come up with this. I can't imagine taking the time to figure this thing out like Menny did....However, I m glad he did. This looks great!

I've spent the last two evenings putting everything together. I'm finally done, but I can't get the "trigger" to work. How did you get ahold of Menny to get his help? I'm sure he'd have some simple suggestions of things to try.
Tada!...

gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
147 Posts

Profile of gamma105
I finally constructed the gimmick, took me 3 hours. I triple checked every single step, the gimmick works in hand, but it wont fire correctly in the box. I'd like to get some help on this as well, I'm feeling very frustrated right now.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4345 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2014, Trevah Whateva wrote:
Here we go drstevemagic:

1. It took me about 20-25 mins minutes to make the gimmick but I was multi-tasking so I bet it could be done even quicker.

If that is true, you must have had some familiarity with it before you began construction, otherwise that must be a world's record for a first-timer.
For most people, I would guess a couple hours minimum, and even 3 or 4 wouldn't be unheard of I'm sure.
A LOT of pausing, rewinding, double checking, etc. as it needs to be pretty precise and if you mess up certain parts of it you might not be able to redo it, so you are going to want to take your time and make very certain you are doing it correctly.

It definitely is a Rube Goldberg type of apparatus.
Trevah Whateva
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Nope, I'd never even seen the gimmick prior to assembling it and I'm no world record breaker or holder I assure you. I've spoken a quite a few people who were able to assemble the gimmick just as quickly.

I can see it taking longer if you watch the entire DVD from beginning to end but I really don't think that assembling it would take as much a 2-4 hours...that's a far stretch.

I'd suggest watching the assembly portion once before starting the process to familiarize yourself with what the end result will be. From there, it's pretty easy to go back and quickly get through the steps.

I for one love these types of things. I like the challenge. Magic is an art, and art is creation.

Wether it takes you 25 mins or a couple of hours as videoman states, it's a fun little project that leaves you feeling pretty satisfied at the end.

Enjoy the creative process!
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Wow, lots of issues with this gimmick (see posts above). The gimmick will take much longer than 15-20 minutes (with multitasking) as indicated above, unless you're an engineer or super mechanically-inclined.

The idea is great, it looks wonderful if you can get it to work, but the gimmick is EXTREMELY COMPLICATED. This is the most intricate, difficult gimmick I've ever assembled for a magic effect. One wrong fold the the whole gimmick will not work (hence all the posts indicating problems with firing).

Also, the M%&*#$S did not come marked, as they indicate they are in the DVD. This leaves you to figure that out on your own. Hopefully you do it right!

Overall, a great effect (looks great on camera) but please be aware there is lots of time involved making and understanding the gimmick. The DVD did an okay job of walking through it all, it just takes watching it a few times.

I'd probably have recommended the effect come with the gimmick already assembled. If it only takes 15-20 minutes to assemble each one, they could easily include the gimmick already assembled.

Just my thoughts!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2014, dearwiseone wrote:
Wow, lots of issues with this gimmick (see posts above). The gimmick will take much longer than 15-20 minutes (with multitasking) as indicated above, unless you're an engineer or super mechanically-inclined.

The idea is great, it looks wonderful if you can get it to work, but the gimmick is EXTREMELY COMPLICATED. This is the most intricate, difficult gimmick I've ever assembled for a magic effect. One wrong fold the the whole gimmick will not work (hence all the posts indicating problems with firing).

Also, the M%&*#$S did not come marked, as they indicate they are in the DVD. This leaves you to figure that out on your own. Hopefully you do it right!

Overall, a great effect (looks great on camera) but please be aware there is lots of time involved making and understanding the gimmick. The DVD did an okay job of walking through it all, it just takes watching it a few times.

I'd probably have recommended the effect come with the gimmick already assembled. If it only takes 15-20 minutes to assemble each one, they could easily include the gimmick already assembled.

Just my thoughts!

And very good thought's they are,sound's trueful and it is a shame a lot of effect's seem to sale now with a DIY theme to them,when some of us just can not get the art and craft bit right and end's up being a waste of money,i Know I have spent a fair bit of stuff only to have to put it together and it will not work,never seem to see the add's telling the buyer there is a some DIY involved,or I now look out for it to make sure,really do not know what is happening in L&G,all I see is stuff coming out ,folk having problems with faulty gimmick's and sending them back only to get another faulty one, or poor instruction on how to construct fiddly gimmick's.I do feel for people that have had to spend out,but it is post's like this that save others ,or gives them a good chance of making a better judgement on how they spend their money.I have seen a fair few on her of late that I really have wanted and I have watched the reveiew's come in and I beleive has saved me wasting a good £100.00 or so hopefully other's as well,let's hope all get sorted out and end up happy with their product's as I know on here there are some company's who will do the right thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL