The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
You should definitely not go into this thinking it will take only 20 minutes or so, I feel that is totally misleading. This is certainly not something you can rush through, hence all the problems with them not working at first.
One poster said it took 3 hours, another said a couple evenings, and another said "a good chunk of time" (which sounds longer than 20 minutes to me.)

I view magic now like I do software or apps, stay away from version 1.0 and wait until they've had a chance to fix the bugs.
Trevah Whateva
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Trevah Whateva
I've been trying to do a one-handed shuffle for years and, for whatever reason, I just can't figure it out. Just because I can't do it, shouldn't imply that it's impossible.

With all due respect to those who's gimmicks took a while to assemble: Just because you weren't able to assemble it quickly doesn't mean it can't be done.

I agree with videoman about not going in to this thinking it will only take you 20 minutes. It might take you longer. And who knows, it might even take you less time! Regardless, time assembling the gimmick shouldn't play any role in why you should or shouldn't buy this one.
gamma105
View Profile
Regular user
City of Evil
147 Posts

Profile of gamma105
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2014, Trevah Whateva wrote:
Nope, I'd never even seen the gimmick prior to assembling it and I'm no world record breaker or holder I assure you. I've spoken a quite a few people who were able to assemble the gimmick just as quickly.

I can see it taking longer if you watch the entire DVD from beginning to end but I really don't think that assembling it would take as much a 2-4 hours...that's a far stretch.

I'd suggest watching the assembly portion once before starting the process to familiarize yourself with what the end result will be. From there, it's pretty easy to go back and quickly get through the steps.

I for one love these types of things. I like the challenge. Magic is an art, and art is creation.

Wether it takes you 25 mins or a couple of hours as videoman states, it's a fun little project that leaves you feeling pretty satisfied at the end.

Enjoy the creative process!

It's not fun when it doesn't work after you spent $40 and 3 hours on it. And No one still hasn't offered any help regarding the firing problem. I recommend people to stay away from this until that problem is solved.
RCHRISTIAN
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of RCHRISTIAN
This is my first post. Sealed arrived today. Construction, components and design/mechanics of the gimmick are both ingenious and promise to be complicated. James Bondian indeed! However, the video and spoken instructions for assembly are detailed & clear and should guide you thru the Arts and Crafts needed to complete the device clearly & easily. Trust me - many pauses and rewinds. I'd set aside an hour plus to get the job done....right. You will NOT want to do any of the steps sloppily or incorrectly. Materials appear to be a bit flimsy. Glitch on DVD with accidental cut-away to dollar bill gimmick already has been noted and, according to Penguin, a fix/download is available. Will post handling when there. Still in construction phase.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Just received it and viewed the video.

This will not be easy but it will be worth the time and effort. For those that feel they cant put it together, sorry but something this good requires effort. Not sure why the gimmick was not already included, maybe price or maybe to weed out the ones that cant put the time into it. I for one would have paid the extra price for it already included but I do like a good project.

Put the time and effort into it and you'll be rewarded. It's this good.
Life of Magic!
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1734 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2014, Leland wrote:
For those that feel they cant put it together, sorry but something this good requires effort.

No one said they can't put it together. the complaints were that they put it together... and it's not working properly.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
You may be right. I've done a lot of modeling in my past, so I had the knack to putting it together. It did take effort and I did have to tweak it to make it work. I did find the hardest part was that it was difficult to see it (those that own it will know what I mean). I'll practice it this week and hope to perform it this weekend at one of my events.

I can see this being one of my final effects since the reset up would take some time. I'll update later this week.
Life of Magic!
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Thanks for all the reviews so glad I didn't order this I hate DIY stuff
Trevah Whateva
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Trevah Whateva
UPDATE::

Menny just sent us a troubleshooting guide which should really help those having a hard time getting their gimmicks to work smoothly. You'll find the PDF within your Penguin account.
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1848 Posts

Profile of Platt
I bought this because I love this premise. I'll give Menny props for creating such a futuristic Maxwell Smart meets Bond device. Or at least for the instructions on how you can make such a device. So 10/10 points for creativity. But practicality? Of the few people who work so hard as to get it to work for them, I'll bet not a single one will be using this in 3 months. Smart thinking. But this is a comically long way to go for a simple penetration effect. For a split second I thought it might have been a joke and the explanation was something fun and simple. No such luck. For the stupidly simple, practical version of this try "Seal-a-Feign" from Justin Miller's Strolling Hands 2.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4349 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2014, Platt wrote:
I bought this because I love this premise. I'll give Menny props for creating such a futuristic Maxwell Smart meets Bond device. Or at least for the instructions on how you can make such a device. So 10/10 points for creativity. But practicality? Of the few people who work so hard as to get it to work for them, I'll bet not a single one will be using this in 3 months. Smart thinking. But this is a comically long way to go for a simple penetration effect. For a split second I thought it might have been a joke and the explanation was something fun and simple. No such luck. For the stupidly simple, practical version of this try "Seal-a-Feign" from Justin Miller's Strolling Hands 2.

I know, I kept thinking that surely there has got to be an easier way!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1758 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Why could it not just be sold already made up ?
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
It's assembled now, but still not working. Hmmm... I don't usually return magic, but this one might get returned. It's simply not working as advertised.
JollyGreenGiant
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of JollyGreenGiant
Really wish this thing came assembled...
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
443 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Ask on Lets make a deal form if anyone wants to sell theirs already assembled. I sold mine assembled. Cheap
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Quote:
On Nov 27, 2014, Shawn D wrote:
Ask on Lets make a deal form if anyone wants to sell theirs already assembled. I sold mine assembled. Cheap

But did it work? Multiple posts stating they couldn't get it to do so...
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Menny has kindly contacted me and is offering to help. I'll keep you posted on the progress!
Dapperdan
View Profile
Regular user
Detroit Area Magicians & Mentalists (DAMM)
132 Posts

Profile of Dapperdan
Quote:
On Dec 10, 2014, dearwiseone wrote:
Menny has kindly contacted me and is offering to help. I'll keep you posted on the progress!

Dearwiseone: How were you able to connect with Manny? (If you don't want to share publicly, please PM me...
I am still having trouble with the firing mechanism itself. I am sure it's fixable by tweaking the "firing pin", but I have been unable to fix it and am hesitant to modify it myself. I am sure that Menny has faced this same issue and has an idea how to address. (Unfortunately, the PDF added on Penguin Magic did not help.)
Tada!...

Spicoli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Spicoli
Any performance videos besides the trailer on this? For something being sold out before it was even released, I would of thought there'd be more noise about this...
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
My only pre order ever, and likely the last. On one hand this is amazing. It's about the coolest McGuyver like magic prop I've ever seen. I'm quite sure if you could build it correctly and get it to work, the results would be jaw dropping. On the other hand, I'll never actually make this. It's so incredibly convoluted and from the reviews of other owners it doesn't seem to be reliable enough to take the time to create it. Whoever said it would take twenty minutes is either a prodigy or just exaggerating. I wish they sold an assembled version. Incredibly clever and completely impractical but man that teaser video got me hook, line and sinker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL