The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It looks like the refills are good for 400 performances. I wonder how many times I can perform with the gimmick that comes with the DVD.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1479 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, Magic KL wrote:
Reignofsound, what don't you like about this? I am just curious.

Just not that taking by it.
Putting in a card in a bit of cellophane for what reason?
More impressive if the card jumped back in the box not a bit of cellophane
I think most people will think there is a slit of some kind, just not for me this one.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Did no one else notice that when the card is folded on the Spectator's hand it is almost flat, but when it goes into the cellophane the angle of the fold seems to "widen". It looks good, but there is something off if the folds are not even.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1023 Posts

Profile of rasp
I would be interested to know if instead of a playing card, a billet could be used.
DrDenis
View Profile
New user
France
40 Posts

Profile of DrDenis
It seems that the visible signature in the cellophane is always the same: "ML".
it is only when we see the unfolded card (or bill) that we see the spectator's signature!!! Smile
I'm on Facebook...
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, Scott Fridinger wrote:
Did no one else notice that when the card is folded on the Spectator's hand it is almost flat, but when it goes into the cellophane the angle of the fold seems to "widen". It looks good, but there is something off if the folds are not even.

Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, DrDenis wrote:
it is only when we see the unfolded card (or bill) that we see the spectator's signature!!! Smile

You guys might be on to something. It's possible this trick uses sleight-of-hand, gimmicks, and routining to accomplish the effect and not some magical incantation used to harness satan's almighty power.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10532 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, DrDenis wrote:

You guys might be on to something. It's possible this trick uses sleight-of-hand, gimmicks, and routining to accomplish the effect and not some magical incantation used to harness satan's almighty power.

I doubt it. Sleight of hand? My guess is the gimmick whatever it is does the work.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10532 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Your thinking of a paper clipped possibility with a MF?

I still think the gimmick is doing the work as is goes from in hand to in cellophane. That precludes a sw*tch me thinks.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
MattyWhipple
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia, PA
47 Posts

Profile of MattyWhipple
I know exactly what is going on here, and if you own The Switch by Shin Lim, you probably do too. This most certainly IS going to require some sleights. Whatever gimmick he's come up with for getting the card into the cellophane is going to be awesome, I bet. Probably worth the price of the effect alone if it is what I'm thinking it is.
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
I had never thought I would say this, but if it works like the switch by Shin Lim , I would rather stick to that. It is a longer and more impossible routine than this second.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10532 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Geez why do we need to bring Shin Lim into this nice party?
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
Quote:

Joe, I wasn't implying that there wasn't sleight of hand or a trick going on, I am implying that the illusion of the cards is poor if the card looks different inside the cellophane than it did, a split second before, outside the cellophane.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1733 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Joe, I wasn't implying that there wasn't sleight of hand or a trick going on, I am implying that the illusion of the cards is poor if the card looks different inside the cellophane than it did, a split second before, outside the cellophane.

then do the version with the signed coin instead- which wouldnt work with Shin's The Switch method....
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
ComposerCopenhagen
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of ComposerCopenhagen
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2014, TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

then do the version with the signed coin instead- which wouldnt work with Shin's The Switch method....

Signed on both sides?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4345 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, TuneHV wrote:
I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped today as well- ahead of the release date

That's very unusual.
Sounds like they must have gotten a very early, very limited run in stock.
Still would like to know if these orders already shipped were from Penguin?
Thanks!!!
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1999 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:

How many times did you watch or pause the video looking for that? No spectator is ever going to notice that or be looking for fold indifferences. Especially when they do not even know what is going to happen. Stuff that magicians study, expect, and look for fly right by laymen so don't over-anaylyze too much.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
magicattorney
View Profile
New user
Charleston, South Carolina
14 Posts

Profile of magicattorney
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, magicattorney wrote:
I ordered mine today. Said it was not available until the 10th on the web page but it has already shipped. Hope to get it by Wednesday.
I was looking for reviews but it looks so good. We'll see.

Welcome to the Magic Café counselor.

Thanks. Look forward to learning and sharing.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
So has the magic Café become the new 'Learnmagictricks'-forum or what is all that fishing about?

If you like it, show respect to the creator and just buy it. If you are unsure, wait for reviews. No reason to point out imperfections or possible solutions.

Kevin
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
rdegraaf
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of rdegraaf
In the video both act the heat is on the cellophane, while I believe it is on the card.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
920 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Kevin Schaller wrote:
So has the magic Café become the new 'Learnmagictricks'-forum or what is all that fishing about?

If you like it, show respect to the creator and just buy it. If you are unsure, wait for reviews. No reason to point out imperfections or possible solutions.

Kevin

word!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL