The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld (31 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
920 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I also cant get it to work properly. I fell in love with the wonderful thinking that went into this but I can't work around the problems. The first gimmick arrived broken and penguin fixed it really fast for me (thanks for that!!).

There is one part of the gimmick that really causes problems and is not durable at all in my opinion.
I wish it was build of metal and more stable. Money lost, I guess Smile
they
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of they
I'm having issues as well. I would love to see the troubleshooting guide and would be happy to send whatever proof is required to have someone send me the pdf.

BTW, my assembly took about 1.5 hours. I found the instructions on the DVD excellent and clear. I am fairly certain my gimmick has been constructed correctly, and the ancillary parts are also up to spec. I am leery of describing my exact problem on an open forum, but then again, I don't believe there is any way someone is going to crib this without buying it, given the complexity.
marco dra
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of marco dra
Hallo.
Sealed is fantastic! Possibles routines are amazing!
I'm a train modeler and I build from zero everithing,so when I read reviews about the difficulty to build I thake it like a challenge!
Dvd explaine very well but I take 3 hours snd gimmick don't work....i fix the problem in a couple of hours then the gimmick broke....
but I was in love with this routines!!!!!
So....i've rebuild the gimmick in photo etched non magnetic 0,3 mm metal,with same measures of menny's but "different"....more easy....but same "work"..... my gimmick work 100% times, I'm super happy!!!!
I like to contact manny but I don't found anything on line.....i've write to penguin but I don't know....
i want show him....looks very 007! I can produced it.... maybe!
please can sameone help me?
Tnx
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1734 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Marco, Menny has an account here on the Café. do a user search for his name and you should be able to PM him.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Jan Schattling
View Profile
New user
Hamburg, Germany
88 Posts

Profile of Jan Schattling
I just got mine today and it is amazing.
If I would be confident enought in my handyman skills, I am sure it would be one of my best tricks but as I always was all thumbs, I will never dare to build the gimick, because I am afrait to break or ruin it.
It will go right into my magic drawer as a "nice to have" item.
I had some problems with the DVD though.
When starting a new chapter the sound went off till I clicked on the progress bar.
"Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them." - Lee Jun-fan
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On May 22, 2015, Jan Schattling wrote:
I just got mine today and it is amazing.
If I would be confident enought in my handyman skills, I am sure it would be one of my best tricks but as I always was all thumbs, I will never dare to build the gimick, because I am afrait to break or ruin it.
It will go right into my magic drawer as a "nice to have" item.
I had some problems with the DVD though.
When starting a new chapter the sound went off till I clicked on the progress bar.

Give it a go man! If it breaks then oh well but if you make it right you might get amazing mileage out of it
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1734 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Sealed 2.0 is here.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6658

I loved the concept of the effect, but the gimmick was so insanely difficult to put together, fragile and made of poor materials.

Thankfully 2.0 appears to have resolved those issues: Redesigned and improved gimmick with better materials, comes assembled ready for use and no refills.

Of course this all comes at more than double the price of the original, but it may be worth it for such a visual effect.

Curious to hear if anyone has seen the new gimmick and can comment on it.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
It seems like there are a lot of 2.0 products out there now. IMHO, it would be nice for magic creators to offer discounts to people who bought 1.0.
marco dra
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of marco dra
Hallo
as you can see from my message last year I had redesigned and built a new gimmick entirely of metal.
menny I was immediately excited (many thanks to Penguin Magic that made possible our meeting!) and in recent months we have made some structural changes, we replaced the means of propulsion with a system that provides more 'power and does not need spare parts We refined the measures and tried various solutions.
the new gimmick is virtually forever and since the first version does not miss a beat!
I know I'm not the right person to say it ... but it is worthy of James Bond! It is gorgeous and you will be sad for not being able to show off your new toy to friends! ( it's the same for me ...!)
menny has made a new editing instructions which relate to the preparation that has been simplified without changing the versions of the trick, adding the possibility 'to use a packet of cigarettes instead of the cards.

It has been a pleasure working with mr. Lindenfeld and are thrilled that finally has come online and can not wait to read the new reviews!

if I can be useful for questions just ask
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7783 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Throw away your prototype, lads. It's finally arrived, and at only 80 Bucks. Smile

visual effect.
• Redesigned & improved gimmick.
• Gimmick comes ready for use!
• High quality, long lasting & 100% reliable.
• Only one minute to set up!
• Fully self-contained.
• No refills!
• Use signed cards, coins, bills & more.
• Compatible with card deck & cigarette box.
• Cellophane & object are fully examinable
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Lol, maybe if they give me a $40 credit for buying the unmakeable 1.0 prototype I'll upgrade to 2.0 Smile
VMagical
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Yeah still have my prototype, still sitting in my magic drawer.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Special user
Kreskin guessed that I had
835 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jan 22, 2016, Slackerking wrote:
Lol, maybe if they give me a $40 credit for buying the unmakeable 1.0 prototype I'll upgrade to 2.0 Smile

Funny you should say that, as I just got an email from Penguin offering a $30 credit! Don't know, though, whether I'll take them up on that offer...
DVYRCKT
View Profile
New user
L.A./Nashville
72 Posts

Profile of DVYRCKT
I never post negative stuff on here. Now I will....

Why even bother making a "improved" gimmick?

here are my points
1. it's metal now, so heavier
2. your card box is still "dirty"
3. your deck is still sans a handful of cards

No matter the situation, your spectator will still want to see the box (you can choose not to give it to them) and or will assume there is something special about the box. Plus your fricking card deck is short a few!

I do apologize for the hate, the gimmick is cool and very james bond-ish if that's what you want?

- Davey
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
1. Unless you're using sleights, every magic trick is dirty. There's no such thing as real magic so there has to be a way to accomplish the illusion. That's what audience management skills are for. I don't understand why so many people complain about ending dirty. Learn a few switching skills and you won't have to worry about that. You can't be a real magician without those basic skills. Without them you're just a hobbyist like me. (Though I can switch so it's not that hard a skill to learn)m

2. There are thousands of card tricks you can do with an incomplete deck. It's only a handful. No one will know you're short.

3. Not sure if this is noticeably heavier or not but you're not giving them the box anyways, the heat is on the cellophane.

*** Penguin, now I don't know what to do. (I love Penguin, best customer service I've seen). The original was crazy clever just unmakeable. If this is already made and actually works it's a killer. What to do, just got burned on another effect that sounded too good to be true and was that I don't want to do it again.
KristoBall
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Slacker - out of curiosity - which effect burned you recently?
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
612 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Change from Ellusionist, Pierce by Jibrizy Taylor and even worse Phantom by Peter Eggink. They all suck donkey balls 😂 Then it wasn't so much burned as I didn't listen to what the product was, so I bought Factory Blanks before there was a video or reviews as I thought it was something that it wasn't and when it came I was very disappointed. To be fair, I like most of the things I buy and I almost always wait until I hear reviews but a few of these got the better of my common sense.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sealed by Menny Lindenfeld (31 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL