The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another bear story (sorry, Stone) (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim

Quote:
A B.C. photographer snapped a new angle on grizzly bear behaviour last week, after one sauntered up and decided to see what life was like on the other side of the camera.

Jim Lawrence, of Revelstoke, submitted his photo of the photographer-bear to CBC Radio One's B.C. Almanac for its Listeners' Lens gallery, and told this story to go along with it:

"The grizzly in the photo was fishing for Kokanee and making his way upstream. I set the camera up at an opening in the brush thinking I’d get a photo of him across the way.

"I should know better than to guess what a bear is going to do. He crossed to my side and scrambled up the bank, at which point I dashed back to the truck for another camera.

"They say intelligent species are curious and the big bear was no exception. He approached the camera cautiously, sniffing deeply, then stood up for a closer inspection. For the longest time, he studied the screen and buttons then, with a huge long-nailed paw, gently tugged on the strap.

"The weight of the long lens caused the camera to pivot quickly upward, startling the big fellow at which point he kind of shrugged, and went back fishing."
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
See, people let their imaginations run wild about zombies taking over the earth, but bears are the real threat. Bears are more intelligent than zombies, and much better looking. And they could control the earth, if they wanted.

But no, they don't want.

They want to fish.

For now.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
(BTW: Planet of the Apes? People kid themselves by thinking that apes are something like second place on the evolutionary scale. They aren't. And first place is debatable. Planet of the Bears might have been a much more believable--and frightening--story,)
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:
(BTW: Planet of the Apes? People kid themselves by thinking that apes are something like second place on the evolutionary scale. They aren't. And first place is debatable. Planet of the Bears might have been a much more believable--and frightening--story,)

To add to that it should have been"Goldylocks and the Three Apes". Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Hey Stony, I know you were talking about maybe someday relocating to the USA. Even though this house appears to be for sale, I think you should scratch Rockaway, NJ from your list of potential locations.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Wow, that's extraordinary footage.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, landmark wrote:
Wow, that's extraordinary footage.

I know it. And for a lot of different reasons.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Marlin1894 wrote:
Hey Stony, I know you were talking about maybe someday relocating to the USA. Even though this house appears to be for sale, I think you should scratch Rockaway, NJ from your list of potential locations.

I lived in Allamuchy, NJ, for 18 months, in 1993 and 1994. We often shopped at the Rockaway Mall (and have a picture in their parking lot of snow piled 10 feet high behind our minivan). Ask me about the Great Sneaker Scandal associated therewith.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2014, Marlin1894 wrote:

I don't know what to say.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:

And they could control the earth, if they wanted.

They tried once.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5021 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not a complete fail however. After the war former Nazi scientists spearheaded the development of the Polar-is missile.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Oh boy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another bear story (sorry, Stone) (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL