The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Facebook Viral Marketing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
I have a product (test-prep course) that I'd like to sell. The target market is college students. I'd like for them to sample my product for free and then post a "like" or a review on my Facebook Fan Page, depending on how my product helped them. I'd like for this to go viral, to help sales. Anybody good at this kind of stuff? I'm looking for a facebook viral marketing guru for (potentially hired) help, anybody out there for some advice?

Mindblowingly,
Charles
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
What test(s)?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Lobo-

I'm thinking of putting out an LSAT course that consists of just one lesson that only takes a few seconds to learn. (When in doubt, always select "C.")

Do you think there's a market for this? Smile
HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
FAcebook has a pretty good targeting system. You set the budget you want to pay and you only pay on a click. It is very easy to set up. You can't purposely create a viral campaign. The viralness is not in your control.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Lobo-

I'm thinking of putting out an LSAT course that consists of just one lesson that only takes a few seconds to learn. (When in doubt, always select "C.")

Do you think there's a market for this? Smile


There must be; I'm doing pretty well just telling them to pick "B."!
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Oh, no. I better get in sync with you so as not to screw up the scoring.

When I took the Bar Exam prep course, we were told that if we were ever in doubt as to the right multiple choice answer, to always pick "C," because if enough people chose "C" (or any other agreed upon choice), it would be accepted as a correct answer. Don't know if that is true anymore or if the same scoring applies on the LSAT.

I didn't study for the LSAT at all because I just took it on a lark. My friend and I from college had also served in the military together and still had education benefits left on the GI Bill. Since there were no jobs available for English Lit majors, we figured law school might be a fun way to stay out of work for three more years.

The funny part was that we were the only English majors from my college graduating class who took the LSAT. The others were all political science and history majors. I guess English was the right major, though, because we outscored all of them. (And we were both pretty hung over the day of the test.)
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
It's for several tests...LSAT, MCAT, GRE, and GMAT.

Mindblowingly,
Charles



Quote:
On Nov 8, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
What test(s)?
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Thanks, HudsonView. But I don't want to pay for advertising through the traditional approach. I have heard that the best form of marketing is genuine word of mouth, so I'd much rather have people take a practice test after my review course (which I would offer for free to a limited batch of students) and then have those students say good things on facebook either through "likes" or through comments about how the course helped them...let's say 1,000 students post positive comments, wouldn't that be if much better than say a few people who click on my link because I paid for advertising?

Mindblowingly,
Charles


Quote:
On Nov 8, 2014, HudsonView wrote:
FAcebook has a pretty good targeting system. You set the budget you want to pay and you only pay on a click. It is very easy to set up. You can't purposely create a viral campaign. The viralness is not in your control.
HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
Word of Mouth advertising is fine. But first, people have to know you exist. You have to expose people to your offer so they can even take the test. Word of mouth goes hand in hand with an awareness campaign. What is your plan now for bringing awareness to your service? How are you getting people to take the test now?
HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
Inernet marketing is a combination of different factors, all of which should work together. They include: SEM and SEO, Social Media Marketing, Content marketing and Email marketing. The stages are usually as follows;

1. Develop a web presence, either a website, blog, or other place you can drive traffic to.
2. Develop content in order to attract visitors: posting daily tips and tricks on passing and preparing for tests.
3. Promote that content through the standard Social Media sites; Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, etc.
4. Begin to build and maintain a mailing list where you can develop a series of campaigns to build sales.
5. Learn basic SEO skills in order to improve your search rankings.

Each of these stages has it's techniques and skills. But all are needed to make sales, especially in an overly saturated market like test preparation products.
HudsonView
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of HudsonView
Oh, and one other thing: if a freelancer tells you they can build you a "viral" campaign, run the other way. There is no such thing and if there were, everyone would be doing them. You can do things to increase the likelihood of it going viral (comedy is the big draw there. If people think something is funny, they will have a tendency to pass it on). But creating a viral campaign is like creating a best selling book, or box office gold. If there was a formula that worked, everyone would do it.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2014, genius wrote:
It's for several tests...LSAT, MCAT, GRE, and GMAT.

Mindblowingly,
Charles



Quote:
On Nov 8, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
What test(s)?



Right on. Just curious; I'm in the graduate test prep business.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2014, genius wrote:
Thanks, HudsonView. But I don't want to pay for advertising through the traditional approach. I have heard that the best form of marketing is genuine word of mouth, so I'd much rather have people take a practice test after my review course (which I would offer for free to a limited batch of students) and then have those students say good things on facebook either through "likes" or through comments about how the course helped them...let's say 1,000 students post positive comments, wouldn't that be if much better than say a few people who click on my link because I paid for advertising?

Mindblowingly,
Charles


Quote:
On Nov 8, 2014, HudsonView wrote:
FAcebook has a pretty good targeting system. You set the budget you want to pay and you only pay on a click. It is very easy to set up. You can't purposely create a viral campaign. The viralness is not in your control.


HudsonView is the forum authority on the topic; you can learn a lot from him.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'm looking to start a course on how to pass drug tests. I'm thing of asking Kevin Trudeau to do an infomercial for me.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1199 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm looking to start a course on how to pass drug tests. I'm thing of asking Kevin Trudeau to do an infomercial for me.



You can always use the Whizzinator..

http://www.thewhizzinator.com/
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Thanks so much for the help, HudsonView.

I have a question. What do you think about the approach whereby I conduct 1,000 exams over the phone / online, and then have these students talk about their performance on the exam on facebook? The way that I would get these students to take the exams is through sign-ups at their college campus. Yes, in other words, I would go to the campus, pay for a stall or booth, and have students that walk by sign-up for a practice exam.

If the students did well, and they posted positive reviews and genuine testimonials, would you say this is a good approach?

Mindblowingly,
Charles
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
And another question for all: What is the biggest challenge you may see with my approach? Thanks all.

Mindblowingly,
Charles
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Kevin created something called "Mega Memory" back in the 80s for students. It was in direct competition with a product from Harry Loryane. I think Kevin is in jail now?

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Quote:
On Nov 9, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm looking to start a course on how to pass drug tests. I'm thing of asking Kevin Trudeau to do an infomercial for me.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2014, genius wrote:
And another question for all: What is the biggest challenge you may see with my approach? Thanks all.

Mindblowingly,
Charles


Why would they pay you when they could just take practice tests and talk amongst themselves on their own?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
The people who take the practice test can talk amongst themselves, but if they are to be able to electronically access all of the test prep resources, then they would need to pay. Does that make sense? Let me know if I misunderstood your question. Thanks again!

Mindblowingly,
Charles

uote]On Nov 9, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2014, genius wrote:
And another question for all: What is the biggest challenge you may see with my approach? Thanks all.

Mindblowingly,
Charles


Why would they pay you when they could just take practice tests and talk amongst themselves on their own? [/quote]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Facebook Viral Marketing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL