The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Call by Rus Andrews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
Hi All

Ive just finished writing up a cheeky little phone prediction reveal, works on iphones and android devices.

It does use an app, but this can be got for free as there are many versions of the app out there.

The Call can be found here: http://www.rusandrews.co.uk/#!store/c24vq

For you guys here on the Café, if you want it you can have it for £4.99 as a special deal for you, just paypal Russell2236@hotmail.com and type the word CALL in the notes.

All the best

R
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Sounds exciting. I always enjoy reading your new material. It usually has very original ideas.
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Here is what I don't get. The effect says the following: "The Call is an effect where by the spectator is thinking of an object/word or number, in fact whatever you want, and as you ask them to concentrate on that object the effect is rudely interrupted by a mysterious yet impossible reveal."

Let's say I want the spectator to think of cat. So, I tell him, "think of a cat in your mind." And then he closes his eyes and begins to think of a cat because I told him to. Then, a phone call is received with someone saying the word "cat"? How is that mysterious and impossible??? because after all, I have overtly planted that word in his mind, and I could have easily just planted a stooge to call at the right time to say the word "cat" that was previously agreed upon...this is just speculation on the method, BUT...the effect certainly does not seem to be imposssible?

Finally, won't a spectator suspect an app since the technology is being used overtly and not covertly?

Mindblowingly,
Charles
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
My apologies Genius,

don't think I put enough into the description, this doesn't use a stooge at the other end of the phone, nor does it use me asking people to think of a black cat, altho I do like your thinking.....its GENIUS

The phone is not touched throughout the effect, it does not scream app either as the reveal that occurs happens in a normal way that the phone would work.... just with a clever twist

Hope that has shed a bit more light on the effect, like I said, its only a small cheeky effect, but it gets great reactions.

All the best

R
magicandsoul
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of magicandsoul
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Call by Rus Andrews (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL